Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ceirboy

Brendan Rogers

Sacking him now would be ridiculous- we are in poor form but managers like Pearson have had far worse runs and given the chance to stay on and turn it around.

If we don't finish at least fourth it'll be a failure from here given the gap we've had and hopefully they'll get a kick up the arse and fight for it again.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but I think I could lead Celtic to a league title. 

My feelings on Rodgers will be judged by our final position. Granted he's done well to get us where we are thus far but this run is an embarrassment, as are many of his decisions which have contributed to the results. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trabuch said:

We were brilliant when we were winning, and team spirit was obvious then, but it's gone and it is the managers job to get it back. Also, we need character on the field. Evans is head and shoulders above the rest of the team as far as character is concerned - he should be captain. 

And ability. 

Guest Markyblue

Can someone please remind me when a lot of poster's on here turned into ...yes spurs fans... if we dont finish in the top 4 the season is a disaster blah blah blah ,if it wasn't so sad it would be funny. Entitled does not do it justice. Lets get back in the championship like our beloved neighbours and remember what we once were then maybe everything will be fine for everyone. 

He has had the easiest job in the UK football wise for a few years building up to the year with us so far. Some great things but now increasingly going wrong. 

Top and bottom, I think this is a poor league this year. You wouldn't normally be able to lose 10-11 games and still be in the Champions League contention. We also had some luck early doors against Spurs and Everton at home with VAR working for us. Last season the ref decision stands. 

Brendan is a great talker. You could listen to him all day long. However, I have not often felt like his influence and tactical changes mid match make a difference. 

I am also worried with his transfer policy and lack of business so far as to who we are going to recruit. I really hope this isn't going to be another Taylor style era. Please Brendan prove me wrong and show you have a plan B. Show us you can get some players in this summer to keep us in Europe and still compete in the league. 

• Like 1

FFS we are a young inexperienced team that have to be honest punched above their weight this season. We have improved over last year which was part of the 5 year plan. If we manage to qualify for europe our goal for this year must surely have been met. Some of the squad are not good enough which we are all agreeing with but I am sure that the club know that as well. The last thing the team need at this point is critisim and talk of sacking the manager???Get a grip!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I'm sorry but I think I could lead Celtic to a league title. 

My feelings on Rodgers will be judged by our final position. Granted he's done well to get us where we are thus far but this run is an embarrassment, as are many of his decisions which have contributed to the results. 

Bit contradictory. 

You say your feelings on Rodgers will be judged on our position. So what if we then finish 3rd?

Seems like you've made your mind up already based on this run only. 

He's under no immediate danger to be sacked (would be lunacy given that we've had a very good season) but for the first time he's under a slight bit of pressure.

It's the manner of performances that are more concerning than the results. We were lucky to beat them in 2016. Losing to a team in the bottom 3 is no disgrace.  Ask Liverpool!

It's looking like a bit of a mis-step that we only signed 1 player in January. A new player comes in motivated and keeps players on their toes. A lot of our squad look like they are coasting along.

Without sounding entitled there must be a win against Villa.We could possibly go into the next break in a serious slump. If we don't stop the rot Champions League could be taken from us.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Markyblue said:

Can someone please remind me when a lot of poster's on here turned into ...yes spurs fans... if we dont finish in the top 4 the season is a disaster blah blah blah ,if it wasn't so sad it would be funny. Entitled does not do it justice. Lets get back in the championship like our beloved neighbours and remember what we once were then maybe everything will be fine for everyone. 

I think saying that at the start of the season would be fine, but having been in the top 3 for virtually all the season, with what 11 games to go and then failing to achieve champions league football would be a disaster, it would be an absolute collapse given CL qualification is so firmly within your grasp.

Saying we were shit x however many years ago as if that’s somehow a reason or excuse for passing off a collapse is a pretty poor, unambitious cop out imo.

For what it’s worth talking of his position being under threat however is ludicrous imo. That said he’s not above criticism.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 4

It would be absolutely disastrous if we missed out on the top 4 from the position we were in at the halfway point, even if we didnt expect to get top 4 before the season started.

We won't get another chance next season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Sometimes I wonder if Rodgers is trying to make a point to the higher powers at the club re investment, truth be told the January window was a farcical we should have signed a winger.

Tbh I wouldn’t see what point he’s trying to make as he’s spent the guts of £80m since he’s been here on guys who to be frank haven’t cut the mustard so far.

It was as plain as the nose on your face back in the summer a natural, dynamic wide player was needed and he’s had to windows to get one and done nothing in that regard.

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, Markyblue said:

Don't forget we were recently champions and then had to endure a couple of very disappointing seasons .I think we are are a top six side and if we don't achieve that it is not good enough . We are not Crystal Palace who think survival is success ,we are better than that. No team in premiership football is entitled to anything , you have to show you deserve your success. We have let it slip , not badly in fact, but the standard has dropped and with the players we have that is disappointing.

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

He has had the easiest job in the UK football wise for a few years building up to the year with us so far. Some great things but now increasingly going wrong. 

Top and bottom, I think this is a poor league this year. You wouldn't normally be able to lose 10-11 games and still be in the Champions League contention. We also had some luck early doors against Spurs and Everton at home with VAR working for us. Last season the ref decision stands. 

Brendan is a great talker. You could listen to him all day long. However, I have not often felt like his influence and tactical changes mid match make a difference. 

I am also worried with his transfer policy and lack of business so far as to who we are going to recruit. I really hope this isn't going to be another Taylor style era. Please Brendan prove me wrong and show you have a plan B. Show us you can get some players in this summer to keep us in Europe and still compete in the league. 

Thats Why its Not poorer,but better..!!!  It means its more competitive, and I vor One Enjoy ALL the football.

How can a Top 4 Always winning be better for football..That Logic bewilders me..!!

Are people really questioning rodgers after a loss at Norwich ?

were Man City fans calling for peps head after they lost there ?

can we see how we are when wilf gets back and playing.  That might help the others regain some confidence.  Look how poor Liverpool have looked in their games without Henderson .......

those who are asking if a change of manager is necessary are, quite honestly, not worth listening to ..... perhaps we could have thread where only the nobends post so I don’t have to read their opinion by accident !

• Like 2

Each season that goes by this forum,falls further into the pit of plastics....

some Dont deserve the chance to support a Team growing out of medicrocy,and potentially  Build their best period in our history...

Ffs if you cant,take this Type of ups und downs, and those Drops in performances keep your unearned and  snidey crap Views away from Jumping over Teams like Spurs,L'pool,Arsenal,and More so our own Town club....

If seems many are more fit vor tiddly-winks,and Enjoy the Spin und tiddling about....

I can also have an opinion...I know when its too Early to nag...I prefer to be a naive Happy-clapper..I prefer to Show encouragement and support,when the young Child is struggling in their First steps....

Even if this season Ends up trying its hardest to question our ambitions...

I have seen foxes shit, and this is far from it..!!

if Any of you thought Rodgers job Would be easy and Run smoothly...your no Football supporter...Just a poor misplaced Social-Media troll!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 3

The knock on Rodgers has always been that there's no backup plan.  When things are going great, it all looks like peaches and cream.  When they aren't he has no answers.  At Celtic it was no problem, because he didn't really need to worry about tactics when his roster was head and shoulders above the rest of the league.  Whenever they had to play a decent European side they were humiliated.

While an extended run of bad results are really concerning, I think what really has folks unsettled is the manner in which we're achieving them.  The team is being outworked and outmuscled pretty much every time out.  They look disinterested most of the time and Rodgers gives the impression of unconcerned fiddling while Rome burns.  I've no doubt he is concerned, but whatever he's doing behind close doors is so far not working in the slightest.

Frankly I don't give a rat's ass about the club being in League 1 less than a decade ago, or winning the league.  What matters is now - and we're currently in the process of frittering away an almost miraculous opportunity to play in the Champions League.  People have every right to be concerned about that and that doesn't make them any less of a fan that the one who calls them names and scolds them to appreciate the fact that we're somehow in 3rd place.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Nothing to do with an old mantra, basic practicality and common sense. Although I will admit back when we were in the dregs of the championship leading to eventual relegation 95% of this board was nowhere to be seen online or at games and the one saving grace is we didn’t have to put up with casual fan bollocks like this. The only deep problem we’ve had is Ndidi not being fit, he’s been a huge miss and were getting upset about three poor results in the league in the last two months while he’s been struggling.

It’s utterly embarrassing that over reactive fans, like yourself, are pushing the panic button because this set of players and this manager aren’t meeting a quite incredible bench mark they themselves have set. It’s three results, three ****ing results that over ride everything we’ve done so far this season. 

Theres not some deep rooted problem in the dressing room, this league isn’t dog shit, it’s competitive. We’ve just seen one of the most consistent teams in the leagues history turned over by nigels watford ffs, and they struggled against this West Ham team who are apparently push overs.

Five big games coming up in the coming weeks, believe in the players and manager and be grateful you’re supporting a team challenging for a top four place against the odds or make up conspiracy theories about dressing room unrest and be a general doom merchant if you want, but don’t pretend you are not acting like a spoilt brat.

Also have a day off the beer and stop creating multiple accounts.

...multiple accounts!!! 

You really are delude!!