Jump to content

Recommended Posts

How can this even be a thread. Who on earth would get us third? We belong 6th at best. 

I am pissed of about recent form as the next fan but a reality check is needed. 

 

Let's face it champions league would be a miracle and would be disappointed for it to be thrown away, but we're not playing Hereford away so roll with the good times which is what these are. 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

 

Let's face it champions league would be a miracle and would be disappointed for it to be thrown away, but we're not playing Hereford away so roll with the good times which is what these are. 

 

 

Yeah see this is how I feel too but it’s all relative. We were were we were then and we are where we are now so it’s all a bit irrelevant. Expectations change - whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing, it’s just a fact of life. We aren’t playing in the absolute basement of English football anymore which yeah, is good, but we’re being shit at the level we are now so it’s ****ing disappointing. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He was well enough to pick his kids up from

school. So very unlikely to be illness 

He's not injured or ill that's why. Wasn't in a fit mental state to play last night because of personal reasons. He'll be back next week and hopefully back to the player we know and love. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

This has got shades of Peter Taylor written all over it, positive start to the season but frailties shining through.

 

Wouldnt surprise me if there are murmurs in the dressing room because it appears as though some of the 'star' players just aint playing for him.

 

1) A team that passes backwards more than it does forwards.

2) One up front against the team who are rock bottom of the league and had not scored from open play in 700 minutes.

3) No Plan B even though its clear we were sussed out nearly 3 months ago.

4) Absolutely unprofessional and a clear lack of judgement to not strengthen in January, it was obvious there were problems then. Could be argued the owners need to take some responsibility on that one.

1200px-Oarlock_(PSF).png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

It better not be player power again. Ranieri, Puel, Rodgers. De Laet said they won in 15/16 by ignoring Ranieri when they were struggling in games. But it has to stop somewhere. Ain’t good if true.

you got a link to this? thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

How do These 5th columnist,Forest fans Keep sneeking onto this forum...especially when form dips,we get conspiracy theories...:unsure:

When form dips? You mean when the freakish punching above their weight period stopped in November and reverted to actual playing standards? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is his biggest test since he’s been the manager at Leicester, but Christ, even if we come out the other end failing he still won’t and should’ve even be considered being sacked. If we totally mess up this lass section of the season and finish in 6th, it’ll still have been a good season overall. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I think it’s all a bit of an over reaction from a fan base that’s getting a bit over entitled to be honest. And this place is getting to the stage where it’s a bit of a joke in that regard. Hate to say but it’s becoming that annoying big club forum we all used to moan about in years gone by, we seem to think we have a god given right to beat anyone bar Liverpool.
 

In terms of this year the points against Wolves and Chelsea are decent results, Burnley Southampton and yesterday were shit granted, you’ve got good results against West Ham and Newcastle to balance that out, it’s disappointing but it is not the end of the world. You’ve also got to remember we’ve had this years player of the season either missing or playing hampered for the duration of that.

 

The upcoming run of fixtures is key, five very winnable games before we go to Arsenal, hopefully Wilf is back fit now and we can get Vardy firing again.

.. Still the old entitled mantra is rolled out!!! 

We are not expected to beat any team that is put in front of us.... we don't expect to. We have seen what we can do, and we are now, way short of emulating our previous performances and this malaise has lasted too long and suggests a much deeper problem. 

 If you are choosing to ignore this, then it's up to you and you are free to voice your own opinions but stop with the entitled rubbish, we all care about the direction this club is going, some may over react, which may seem disproportionate... probably means they care too much. 

  Not a bad thing!!! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't be doing with this chat about 6th being a good season still. The league is complete horseshit outside of the top 2 and we managed to get ourselves in a great position by being consistent for 8 games. To **** that up now would be a travesty and the run of form it will require would be bad enough for a manager's job to be insecure. 

 

Not to say we will **** it up, more than capable of turning it around over the next few games, but at the moment we've played well 4 times in 3 months and since the middle of December we've won 3 times in the league (West Ham were useless sacked their manager after one, Newcastle had no players, and then West Ham again). It screams problems. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a very good talker and has managed to make all appear well, but he knows something has been very wrong for a while. I'd say as far back as Everton at home we haven't looked good.

 

Whats worrying is our form always seems to carry over into the next season too. The motivation wont be there next time either, the same way it wasnt after the title win. Players will be thinking about their next move. Rodgers has a real job on his hands now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Be carefull what you wish for I guess!...For the first half of the season, it  was the best football I've seen from LCFC!...That includes the title winning side... amazing football. We need to remember what and where we are!  

Edited by bridport007
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I think it’s all a bit of an over reaction from a fan base that’s getting a bit over entitled to be honest. And this place is getting to the stage where it’s a bit of a joke in that regard. Hate to say but it’s becoming that annoying big club forum we all used to moan about in years gone by, we seem to think we have a god given right to beat anyone bar Liverpool.
 

In terms of this year the points against Wolves and Chelsea are decent results, Burnley Southampton and yesterday were shit granted, you’ve got good results against West Ham and Newcastle to balance that out, it’s disappointing but it is not the end of the world. You’ve also got to remember we’ve had this years player of the season either missing or playing hampered for the duration of that.

 

The upcoming run of fixtures is key, five very winnable games before we go to Arsenal, hopefully Wilf is back fit now and we can get Vardy firing again.

You are so on point, how have we become so entitled? Back in the day when this forum was new, we dreamed of being promoted to the Premier League let alone challenging for the Champions League.

 

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. Still the old entitled mantra is rolled out!!! 

We are not expected to beat any team that is put in front of us.... we don't expect to. We have seen what we can do, and we are now, way short of emulating our previous performances and this malaise has lasted too long and suggests a much deeper problem. 

 If you are choosing to ignore this, then it's up to you and you are free to voice your own opinions but stop with the entitled rubbish, we all care about the direction this club is going, some may over react, which may seem disproportionate... probably means they care too much. 

  Not a bad thing!!! 


Nothing to do with an old mantra, basic practicality and common sense. Although I will admit back when we were in the dregs of the championship leading to eventual relegation 95% of this board was nowhere to be seen online or at games and the one saving grace is we didn’t have to put up with casual fan bollocks like this. The only deep problem we’ve had is Ndidi not being fit, he’s been a huge miss and were getting upset about three poor results in the league in the last two months while he’s been struggling.
 

It’s utterly embarrassing that over reactive fans, like yourself, are pushing the panic button because this set of players and this manager aren’t meeting a quite incredible bench mark they themselves have set. It’s three results, three ****ing results that over ride everything we’ve done so far this season. 

 

Theres not some deep rooted problem in the dressing room, this league isn’t dog shit, it’s competitive. We’ve just seen one of the most consistent teams in the leagues history turned over by nigels watford ffs, and they struggled against this West Ham team who are apparently push overs.
 

Five big games coming up in the coming weeks, believe in the players and manager and be grateful you’re supporting a team challenging for a top four place against the odds or make up conspiracy theories about dressing room unrest and be a general doom merchant if you want, but don’t pretend you are not acting like a spoilt brat.
 

Also have a day off the beer and stop creating multiple accounts.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

We were brilliant when we were winning, and team spirit was obvious then, but it's gone and it is the managers job to get it back. Also, we need character on the field. Evans is head and shoulders above the rest of the team as far as character is concerned - he should be captain. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:


Nothing to do with an old mantra, basic practicality and common sense. Although I will admit back when we were in the dregs of the championship leading to eventual relegation 95% of this board was nowhere to be seen online or at games and the one saving grace is we didn’t have to put up with casual fan bollocks like this. The only deep problem we’ve had is Ndidi not being fit, he’s been a huge miss and were getting upset about three poor results in the league in the last two months while he’s been struggling.
 

It’s utterly embarrassing that over reactive fans, like yourself, are pushing the panic button because this set of players and this manager aren’t meeting a quite incredible bench mark they themselves have set. It’s three results, three ****ing results that over ride everything we’ve done so far this season. 

 

Theres not some deep rooted problem in the dressing room, this league isn’t dog shit, it’s competitive. We’ve just seen one of the most consistent teams in the leagues history turned over by nigels watford ffs, and they struggled against this West Ham team who are apparently push overs.
 

Five big games coming up in the coming weeks, believe in the players and manager and be grateful you’re supporting a team challenging for a top four place against the odds or make up conspiracy theories about dressing room unrest and be a general doom merchant if you want, but don’t pretend you are not acting like a spoilt brat.
 

Also have a day off the beer and stop creating multiple accounts.

 

 

Surely most posters, rather than being 'entitled', are asking what needs to be fixed in order for us to make Europe next season. Are you saying we should be setting our sights lower than that?

 

There are lots of reasons to be worried, most of which are being discussed sensibly. Managers who introduce this brand of football, both at Leicester and elsewhere, often reach a point where sides 'suss' them. It's a brand of football which depends on a level of quality and work-rate that we're currently falling well short of. If your players are the best in the world and can work wonders with their possession, then it's fantastic. If they aren't, then the success it brings doesn't seem very sustainable. It tends to result in slow, conservative, predictable, ineffective possession once sides wise up to it.

 

And people aren't griping over 'three' results at all. They're griping over almost three months in which our preferred starting eleven have looked short of ideas. To suggest that they're fair-weather fans for seeing this is wide of the mark, because it's abundantly apparent that there are serious shortcomings.

 

On top of that, I watched us in the 80s and 90s, attended plenty of games where there were 8000 or 9000 fans present - in fact I didn't miss a game from 89 to 92 - and it's a little insulting for someone to say I'm entitled for pointing out that, if our aim is to qualify for Europe, the manager needs to wake up and smell the coffee. We aren't in the second tier any more. We have to adjust our expectations.

 

A manager having an impact with inherited personnel is always one to watch out for. I remember people saying we were wholly out of order to question Pleat when we'd just pulled ourselves up from 16th in the second tier to mid-table, or question McGhee when we were top in 1995, or question Taylor when we were 4th in March 2001, or question Sven in early 2011, or Ranieri in early 2017. You can always trot out the old 'entitled fans' argument while things, in the meantime, go to **** because our current status belies our trajectory.

 

There are clearly problems right now. As regards your reference to Ndidi being our 'only deep problem' (really?), well, Ndidi and Vardy being unfit is partly down to how they've been managed, and issues were presenting themselves before either of their injuries. There are plenty of other issues - the loss of form of Youri, Maddison, Perez, the total collapse of Chilwell. There have also been reported dressing room concerns, and which related to one of our most out-of-form players. That wasn't a conspiracy theory, you know. Chilwell missed a session which was designed to address our shortfalls in a game where he'd been very poor, and was dropped in the aftermath. And our performances were suffering before results kicked in - and plenty of fans on here pointed it out. That wasn't a case of being 'entitled'. It was observation.

 

I believe Rodgers is a bright enough guy to embrace new ideas, look for new solutions, and take us forward. But part of that will, if it ever happens, involve him understanding what he's got wrong in recent times.

 

And he has got stuff wrong.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, inckley fox said:

Some really good points. He's discovering that things which were sussed (but that he got away with) in Scotland, will come at a heavy price in this division. He'll either rethink some of his core ideas - something managers do all the time, of course - or this will get worse.

 

And I honestly can't grasp where the notion comes from that this is a more entertaining brand of football. Maybe as a City fan I've been spoilt by strong, hard-working, quick and direct teams for too long, but this turgid, conservative, slow build-up play is awful. And it always seems to happen when managers take over sides, introduce lovely flowing football, and then get figured out. Instead of mixing up their play, they opt for possession for possession's sake. I'm sick to death of seeing a forward ball available, in space - not even a long ball - and someone instead turn back towards their own goal.

 

Whoever it was that said we needed to become a possession-based side in order to sustain success - an absolute obsession since 2016 - has a lot to answer for. The reason we couldn't sustain our success was an ageing side, massively out-of-form star players, poor recruitment and the loss of a star man. Not that we needed less pace, less strength and to be playing 30 passes and giving the ball away seven or eight times before we got over the half-way line. Possession-based tippy-tappy football works if you're the richest side in the world and have the players to play it. Everyone else has to learn to graft, battle, and make chances however the hell they can.

Plenty of people brainwashed I think. We are truly awful to watch at the minute, possibly the least entertaining side in the league this last 6-8 games.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Things have been HORRENDOUSLY poor lately but honestly if you think he needs to go then do us all a favour and **** off you absolute moron.

Who is the moron? I said it’s squeaky bum time- at no point did I say he had to go or I wanted him gone. 
That’s a real Foxestalk thing to do, scan read something and in the haste to get a reply in, not read the post correctly. 
I’ll take an apology, not that i think you’ll offer one. 
 

It seems I can’t answer any further points because I have been put on limited posts for the day! 
Shut the differing opinions down, no explanation, no email stating why, just press the button. 
That probably explains why there seems to be so many blind faith posts, different views are removed, quietly and without fanfare. 
 

Edited by Ceirboy
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...