Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ceirboy

Brendan Rogers

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Mods can we ban people who cant spell Brendan Rodgers. Not trying to be the spelling police but if you cant spell the managers name of the club you support then questions need to be asked!

Saw the spelling when the thread first popped up but couldn't be arsed to say anything, it's so frequent an occurrence.

26 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

If Puel was our current manager this forum would be raging and calling for his head. But ... because Rodgers is a media friendly, media loved individual with the blarney of a conman he's excused, there no consistency.

If Ranieri, according to some on the forum, was supposed to have leapt on Pearson's bandwagon then the same could apply here in regards to Puel and Rodgers. I'm not a 'get rid of Rodgers' individual but neither do I find myself convinced by him or think he's got a great managerial record, he's very flawed and I'm certainly worried about him and Congerton having much of a say in transfer targets as currently we appear to be doing things really well with the odd exception whereas Rodgers success in this area is doubtful to say the least.

Is there currently really much difference between the tippy tappy styles of Puel and Rodgers even though Rodgers has arguably got a better squad of players to pick from? Time for his actions and managerial skills to match his mouth. We'll just have to see.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

If Puel was our current manager this forum would be raging and calling for his head. But ... because Rodgers is a media friendly, media loved individual with the blarney of a conman he's excused, there no consistency.

If Ranieri, according to some on the forum, was supposed to have leapt on Pearson's bandwagon then the same could apply here in regards to Puel and Rodgers. I'm not a 'get rid of Rodgers' individual but neither do I find myself convinced by him or think he's got a great managerial record, he's very flawed and I'm certainly worried about him and Congerton having much of a say in transfer targets as currently we appear to be doing things really well with the odd exception whereas Rodgers success in this area is doubtful to say the least.

Is there currently really much difference between the tippy tappy styles of Puel and Rodgers even though Rodgers has arguably got a better squad of players to pick from? Time for his actions and managerial skills to match his mouth. We'll just have to see.

if puel had us third in the league i'm pretty sure people wouldn't have been calling for his head, well, I suppose there are always a few complete brainlets, trolls and opposition fans on here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, red5 said:

Said in his interview after the game that he doesn't know the handball rule, How can a premier league team manager not know the rules of the game, instant sacking.

The referees don't know it either. Sack them too. 

Only had the nerve to log on to FT just now. Wish I hadn’t bothered.

if you have supported this team as long as I have (50 years) perhaps your sense of perspective is more rationale.  We will finish top 4.  Just get behind the Team and Manager ffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shade said:

if puel had us third in the league i'm pretty sure people wouldn't have been calling for his head, well, I suppose there are always a few complete brainlets, trolls and opposition fans on here.

He did however take over a club in complete turmoil with a mismatched ill bought bunch of players. Rodgers had none of that and has better players. The current league position is of course brilliant but the 12 points in 12 games extremely poor for the quality of players he has at his disposal. Had it not been for early season form when such players were completely energised by his motivational skills I wonder where in the table we'd be? Motivation is a great and vital asset but if not matched with tactical nous, success can be short lived.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, shade said:

There were people calling for his head before he'd even started the job in fairness such was the bias.

17 minutes ago, red5 said:

It's clear Iheanacho doesn't else he wouldn't have had a shot at goal knowing the ball hit his hand.

It barely tickled his hand after bouncing off their defenders shoulder inches away so he probably didn't even feel it. Imagine the reaction if he had stopped and walked away knowing it had sniffed his hand. Would have highlighted how farcical the law is though I suppose 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, red5 said:

Said in his interview after the game that he doesn't know the handball rule, How can a premier league team manager not know the rules of the game, instant sacking.

I'm not sure many Leicester fans know the handball rule after the last six weeks tbh

7 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

This has got shades of Peter Taylor written all over it, positive start to the season but frailties shining through.

Wouldnt surprise me if there are murmurs in the dressing room because it appears as though some of the 'star' players just aint playing for him.

1) A team that passes backwards more than it does forwards.

2) One up front against the team who are rock bottom of the league and had not scored from open play in 700 minutes.

3) No Plan B even though its clear we were sussed out nearly 3 months ago.

4) Absolutely unprofessional and a clear lack of judgement to not strengthen in January, it was obvious there were problems then. Could be argued the owners need to take some responsibility on that one.

Hahahahaa we were playing abysmal football under Taylor, it was quite evident it was only a matter of time. Plus the team was falling to pieces. This is very different but not saying it's not a big concern!

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

He really needs a hatchet man as assistant manager . He has never struck me as an authority figure , small in stature and with no CV as a player , in fact even less than Puel had . If he had someone like Pearson, who was indeed respected, even maybe feared by the players to lay down the law , he could concentrate on the tactics.