Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ceirboy

Brendan Rogers

6 hours ago, Mark said:

The formation was right, you think we should have played a back 5 against Pukki? We had the majority of possession so there was less need to press. The defence wasn’t the issue we had enough of the ball to win the match, the lack of creativity out wide, out of form players in the middle and Vardys lost touch has killed us.

Yeah our defenders had majority of possession 

45 minutes ago, 49er said:

If things go horribly wrong and we finish outside the Champions League places, would trust Rodgers, with a sizeable transfer kitty, to put it right? His two main signings - Perez and Praet- haven’t set the world alight

Wouldn't trust him with it's anyway. We currently seem to have a good and successful system for recruitment,  why change it for Rodgers, he's a coach with a dubious record when it comes to recruitment. If it's currently isn't broke, it don't need fixing!

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach

Conceding a goal happens , Liverpool concede against lesser teams , but they make sure they score one more than the opposition , we just can't do that at the moment , we must find the man or men to score when Vardy doesn't or draws and narrow defeats will become the norm.

8 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Wouldn't trust him with it's anyway. We currently seem to have a good and successful system for recruitment,  why change it for Rodgers, he's a coach with a dubious record when it comes to recruitment. If it's currently isn't broke, it don't need fixing!

we have changed our head of recruitment ......... the scouts may well be finding the same quality of targets but does congerton get to choose who we pursue thereafter ????

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Conceding a goal happens , Liverpool concede against lesser teams , but they make sure they score one more than the opposition , we just can't do that at the moment , we must find the man or men to score when Vardy doesn't or draws and narrow defeats will become the norm.

Not often they don’t ! 

4 hours ago, foxile5 said:

My concern is that I don't think he's got a bollocking in him.

Some of these players need to be told that they're performing way below expectations and that's not okay. I don't know if Rodgers is the manager to do that.

Agreed, I wont name and shame on this occasion but there was certain players backing off casually when Norwich had the ball, and things like pressing is part of working hard, and these players seem to have an attitude that games like Norwich are won before the ball is kicked.  The manager as you said needs to make it clear this isnt acceptable.

We were successful under Claudio (and great escape under Pearson) because we countered with pace, we got the ball forward whilst other team was in transition, in that type of strategy sitting back is fine as it gets the other team into an offensive shape so they can be caught out on the counter.  When playing possession you have to press to maintain hold of the ball especially to keep the team penned in, if you not prepared to press, then possession doesnt work unless the other team is scared of you.

What is happening now in most games, is we get pressed when we have the ball leading to stray passes or back passes, when other teams have the ball they run at us, which is proving very effective as we dont close in and press.  I can see the problems a mile off, as to why they not been addressed, only the manager and team knows. :(

There is also the issues of young player's been ambitious and having heads turned as well as been mentally weak, these are all possible factors which will only get worse as the likes of Vardy wont be around much longer.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

What are peoples problems with Praet?? He's one of our most consistent performers right now and his ability to get out of tight spaces with ball to feet is top notch. Comments like this are from people who don't know what they're talking about. As for Perez, I personally never wanted him. But just take a look at the goals he's contributed to the team and ask yourself where we'd be in the table without them....

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Let’s hope not!

I wonder what Lee actually does do? It's Rudkin who gets the deals done and has a bit of a say on signings, the manager obviously will have a significant impact so Congerton has a team of scouts that recommend players and he then picks the cheapest out of those to give to Rodgers and Rudkin?

5 hours ago, foxile5 said:

My concern is that I don't think he's got a bollocking in him.

Some of these players need to be told that they're performing way below expectations and that's not okay. I don't know if Rodgers is the manager to do that.

His pre-match interview really irked me. When asked about our recent dip in form he said that it's normal and all teams do it. This is giving the players an excuse and a get-out for not performing, almost as if a slump in form is unavoidable. I bet Klopp isn't saying this to his players..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

we have changed our head of recruitment ......... the scouts may well be finding the same quality of targets but does congerton get to choose who we pursue thereafter ????

I don't know but with his record it's a bit worrying. You'd have thought he'd struggle to get employment anywhere again let's alone here. Bizarre.

Edited by volpeazzurro

30 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

What are peoples problems with Praet?? He's one of our most consistent performers right now and his ability to get out of tight spaces with ball to feet is top notch. Comments like this are from people who don't know what they're talking about. As for Perez, I personally never wanted him. But just take a look at the goals he's contributed to the team and ask yourself where we'd be in the table without them....

I may be wrong but I thought we were scouting Praet before Rodgers arrival and obviously Tielemans too. As far as I understood, it's only Perez that Rodgers had input on and he serves as a good example of how to waste 30m!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I wonder what Lee actually does do? It's Rudkin who gets the deals done and has a bit of a say on signings, the manager obviously will have a significant impact so Congerton has a team of scouts that recommend players and he then picks the cheapest out of those to give to Rodgers and Rudkin?

Yeah it’s a good question, your summation is probably about the size of it, which would be a good thing as that sort of structure would limit Congerton’s influence.

The problem with him at Celtic I think was he had too much influence, via proxy of course through Rodgers. Rodgers had complete control and final say in all aspects of the football operation including recruitment so it basically went Congerton would identify the player and Rodgers would have utmost trust in him and we’d then try and sign the player.

Leicester thankfully seem to have a better structure than we do/did.

40 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I may be wrong but I thought we were scouting Praet before Rodgers arrival and obviously Tielemans too. As far as I understood, it's only Perez that Rodgers had input on and he serves as a good example of how to waste 30m!

His surname ends with a Z. So he thought he was getting another Suarez I reckon. 

11 hours ago, Fox92 said:

The season they finished 2nd, they Fortunately had one of the greatest players this generation in Suarez. He left and season after they were back to fighting for 6th.

Rodgers doesn’t look like he knows how to change it, I agree. His subs are weird mid games too.

Absolutely mate. I my opinion it shows how good a manager Ranieri was for us. Look how many times he would reshuffle during the game. Sub here, sub there and we would generally win. At the moment I don't think he can relieve pressure from the lads on the field. I have been saying it and strongly believe that Rodgers is a very good coach at developing players but I don't think he is a great manager. His substitutions confuse me and doesn't seem to motivate the players mid game.

• Like 2