Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ceirboy

Brendan Rogers

A couple of different Liverpool supporters down the pub told me earlier in the season when I was gloating about our performances, told me that Brendan Rodgers doesn't know how to change a game midway. That is what furiated Liverpool supporters the following season after they almost won the league by blowing it. One blamed him for them losing the season when he did not know how to change their slide in final push. Sounds pretty familiar.

• Like 1

I like Rogers I really do and want to continue liking him but I do find him annoyingly over reserved.

By that I mean he doesn't express himself like certain other managers. I know its a personality trait

but there are times when i feel like he needs to be more animated like Klopp to signal to his players

urgency or desire or danger. Yes we are a young squad and maybe lack a hot head captain that can

start rallying the troops when the need arises.

In his post match commentary what caught my eye was rogers body language. I practically muted the

audio because I know what was coming out of his mouth was the usual stuff. What I saw was someone

bottling up some serious frustration and anger. If I had to guess I can sense some serious hair dryer

action in the changing room. We know and he knows that our chance of holding onto 3rd spot is now

slipping away. VAR is not going to help us that we pretty much know by now. Only hard earned

performances are going to get us out of this rutt and get back our confidence and swagger.

Sounds like a bloody broken record now but our next game has to be a MUST WIN and the one after

that and the one after that period.

6 hours ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

A couple of different Liverpool supporters down the pub told me earlier in the season when I was gloating about our performances, told me that Brendan Rodgers doesn't know how to change a game midway. That is what furiated Liverpool supporters the following season after they almost won the league by blowing it. One blamed him for them losing the season when he did not know how to change their slide in final push. Sounds pretty familiar.

The season they finished 2nd, they Fortunately had one of the greatest players this generation in Suarez. He left and season after they were back to fighting for 6th.

Rodgers doesn’t look like he knows how to change it, I agree. His subs are weird mid games too.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

Nowhere near close to even talking about being sacked but I'm finding him frustrating now. This is a 3/4 month slump and he just hasn't come up with any answers as to why? If this was any of our other managers he'd be taking pelters from our fans right now. 

Sort it out Brendan ffs! 

• Like 2

I started getting worried when Perez was consistently getting the nod despite offering absolutely nothing.

No real competition for Chilwell.

The team is set up for Vardy’s strengths only & when he has a bad day/not performing/not supplying we’re stuffed.

Looks like Storm Brendan started in January & is continuing.

At the end of the day, if we chuck away our early season hard work - there will be only ourselves to blame. Would also be devastating not to get a champs league spot. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Can’t understand why he picks an attacking and pressing team like he did against Man City in which we where unlucky to loose to then revert back to the same shite that he’s been fielding for the last half a dozen games.
Do we give him the Tinker Man Tag🏷

The formation was right, you think we should have played a back 5 against Pukki? We had the majority of possession so there was less need to press. The defence wasn’t the issue we had enough of the ball to win the match, the lack of creativity out wide, out of form players in the middle and Vardys lost touch has killed us.

• Like 3

Guest bss9401

I think that even if we finish mid table Brendan will not say that he's worried about his job.

More likely that he'd claim that it we are a project; have develped young players; had key injuries; trusting young players etc.etc. 

2 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

I think that even if we finish mid table Brendan will not say that he's worried about his job.

More likely that he'd claim that it we are a project; have develped young players; had key injuries; trusting young players etc.etc. 

He's already said finishing in 7th or in Europa League places would be a disappointment... 

Guest bss9401
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

He's already said finishing in 7th or in Europa League places would be a disappointment... 

Maybe now but my point was how he might respond if we finish mid table.

1 minute ago, bss9401 said:

Agree - his bigger challenge will be next season depending on the squad he's left with as the excuses of the above will run dry & the patience of the crowd will rapidly run out

Facts are the bloke Is on mega money. He got that mega money on the proviso he got us in to the champions league. If we don’t finish top 4 this season after the position we were in the buck has to stop with him I’m afraid. He needs to be asked some serious questions because at the minute he’s slowly tying his own noose. 

Im not saying he isn’t a very capable manager but he needs to be held to account and at the minute he looks like he’s been found out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Mods can we ban people who cant spell Brendan Rodgers. Not trying to be the spelling police but if you cant spell the managers name of the club you support then questions need to be asked!

Yeah also this. It’s ****ing ridiculous. It’s pure laziness 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1