Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SmuelMartin

Sean From Enderby - Podcast Guest

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, brucey said:

Edit: sorry didn’t look not quoting you Brucey feedback for @SmuelMartin
Being honest buddy, that was terrible. If you want to move through a career in journalism, lose the mate, stop agreeing with the person you’re interviewing and challenge them. 
This came across as a person who was meeting their idol and just wanted to lap up everything he says. 
There’s potential there, but don’t be so polite and challenge the ideas of people, don’t just take and agree with everything the say. 
Keep at it, look forward to hearing how these develop.

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Being honest buddy, that was terrible. If you want to move through a career in journalism, lose the mate, stop agreeing with the person you’re interviewing and challenge them. 
This came across as a person who was meeting their idol and just wanted to lap up everything he says. 
There’s potential there, but don’t be so polite and challenge the ideas of people, don’t just take and agree with everything the say. 

Appreciate the honesty, like I said, happy to receive pelters. Have a listen to the Marshall one and see what you reckon of that style, from a genuine point of view, not just trying to get another listen. 

More than happy to develop this as it goes, so all feedback is appreciated. 

• Like 1

Just now, SmuelMartin said:

Appreciate the honesty, like I said, happy to receive pelters. Have a listen to the Marshall one and see what you reckon of that style, from a genuine point of view, not just trying to get another listen. 

More than happy to develop this as it goes, so all feedback is appreciated. 

Just listening to Marshy now, much better. If I was to give you one piece of advice moving forwards.

Stick to interviewing people who have something to say. Marshy has a great insight, he’s not making jokes it’s a serious conversation.

If you go on to have a long career in this game I think you’ll look back on the Sean from Enderby and wonder what you were doing.

It’s something new, you’ll learn as you go and these will get better. It’s not all bad, try and get a few more pros and ex pros and get them to talk about their experiences. 
Keep at it.

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Just listening to Marshy now, much better. If I was to give you one piece of advice moving forwards.

Stick to interviewing people who have something to say. Marshy has a great insight, he’s not making jokes it’s a serious conversation.

If you go on to have a long career in this game I think you’ll look back on the Sean from Enderby and wonder what you were doing.

It’s something new, you’ll learn as you go and these will get better. It’s not all bad, try and get a few more pros and ex pros and get them to talk about their experiences. 
Keep at it.

Appreciate it. 

You’ll probably be right but needed something to get started and get my feet on the ground.

Like you say, it’s something new and I’m wanting to learn as I go, all feedback is important, I’d rather hear negative than positive because at least it gives me something to change on. 

Hope you enjoy the Marshall one 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, SmuelMartin said:

Appreciate it. 

You’ll probably be right but needed something to get started and get my feet on the ground.

Like you say, it’s something new and I’m wanting to learn as I go, all feedback is important, I’d rather hear negative than positive because at least it gives me something to change on. 

Hope you enjoy the Marshall one 👍🏻

Tbf I did tune in because I was curious about SFE. Can’t knock a guy for trying to get something going.

Good luck to you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Agreed

I lasted about 5 mins, it was like you was brown nosing him. It also Sounded like an awkward fake laugh after most points were made.

Maybe try to learn the points you want to raise so it doesn’t come across like you are reading bullet points and it then feels more of a conversation that flows more naturally. 

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, SmuelMartin said:

Valid point. 

All part of the learning curve. 

Fair play to you taking all the feedback like a grown up mate.

Good luck to ya :thumbup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SmuelMartin said:

There were issues with the audio being corrupt. Investigating now but in the meantime, the Marshall one is up!

If it's any consolation I'm still wanting to listen to the Sean one, more out of curiosity but a hit's a hit. 

• Like 1