Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Immoral premier league Clubs

7 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

IT GETS WORSE 

owners of Manchester City are charging the NHS £2-3m a month to open up a hospital a the Excel centre in london ! 

the most despised club in Britain just got more hated  

cheats and liars is all they are 

What!!! Is that true? 

OMG! I think we can clearly see the players want to help and are being used as the scapegoats when actually the billionaire owners are the problem! I quite understand the players unhappiness at this all. They just want their pay used in the right way. I think football will be changing after this. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hales said:

What!!! Is that true? 

Owned by a company set up by the ruling al-Nahyan family in Abu-Dhabi, also owners, of course, of Manchester City.

Few clubs' owners bear very close examination under the moral microscope, but this lot take it to a whole different level...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

why do people get their knickers in a twist over stuff. The owners of the excel centre are perfectly correct to charge a rent for the govt to use it.  There is no evidence from what I’ve read that they are profiteering- if they are then that’s different ...

Where do you even start with this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Revolting situation. It now makes sense why the players want things put in place properly  before they fully agree! They are more than happy to help out non-playing staff and the NHS but not put money in the owners pockets! I should imagine many of them were aware of this situation at the excel. Its wholly unfair to mount the pressure on them and not the owners. I truly hope the likes of Liverpool, Spurs etc. will not be spending millions when this is over in the next transfer market! They should be banned. If they don't have the money to pay non-playing staff then they don't have money for new players! I think we may see football run differently moving forward and the businesses looked at more closely. I should imagine the government are furious about this situation.  I still can't believe Man City are doing this and also cannot get my head around the fact Liverpool have used the furlough scheme. It leaves a very nasty taste......

Edited by Hales
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

IT GETS WORSE 

owners of Manchester City are charging the NHS £2-3m a month to open up a hospital a the Excel centre in london ! 

the most despised club in Britain just got more hated  

cheats and liars is all they are 

I can guarantee plenty of people within the NHS and outside of it will be making shitloads of money out of Nightingale. This kind of thing happens all the time within the NHS sadly.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

why do people get their knickers in a twist over stuff. The owners of the excel centre are perfectly correct to charge a rent for the govt to use it.  There is no evidence from what I’ve read that they are profiteering- if they are then that’s different ...

Mate the the place was fcuking shut down and was going to be the whole of the outbreak 

it’s BLATANT profiteering 

• Like 3

Just now, z-layrex said:

I can guarantee plenty of people within the NHS and outside of it will be making shitloads of money out of Nightingale. This kind of thing happens all the time within the NHS sadly.

Not likely very very strict procurement rules now , infact they have a whole fraud team on procurement this project is also having military overview, it won’t be happening here 

Just now, LinekersLugs said:

Not likely very very strict procurement rules now , infact they have a whole fraud team on procurement this project is also having military overview, it won’t be happening here 

Hope you're right, I've been witness to some pretty dodgy shit during my time in the nhs.

16 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Mate the the place was fcuking shut down and was going to be the whole of the outbreak 

it’s BLATANT profiteering 

my place is shut down but if the govt asked me if they could use my warehouse for distribution purposes,I wouldn’t offer it for free unless my landlord was willing to scrap my rent and and the health and safety costs etc were covered ...... 

the idea that people should just give stuff away because of the background circumstances is odd.  as a species we trade, always have done, always will do.  many production lines in se Asia have been switched to making masks and other PPE because of the sudden demand. Should this all be done for free? 

things have a commercial value - at certain points in time these will be more than at others ........

if the govt haven’t done a good deal with excel then that’s the fault of the govt.  they were in a strong position - the excel isn’t the only possible venue for the nightingale. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

As a nurse and a football fan I think I have hit rock bottom. I ain’t gonna spin my sob story it’s the same as most nurses. Working 16 hours a day and making our own Ppe as we have none. The governments response has been blundering at best, particularly when we know this reared it’s head in November, we had time enough to prepare. But the argument over footballers wages, their commitment to assisting lower league clubs ie from what I’ve read none and the farce that is VAR has got me questioning and thinking that we are at a very big turning point in football. I think if they refuse to drop wages to prevent others resorting to food banks then I think we will see some sort of wage cap introduced and perhaps some restructuring of the game (more the way clubs and wages are structured than the game, other than the removal of VAR. anyway. I know this isn’t a representation of all footballers and I know how good many of them do. The community work some do and the definitely the work the clubs do with communities these days is fantastic. But reading the likes of messi and Ronaldo et.al being taken to court for tax ‘complications’ and d1cks like Grealish just being a Fcuking clown makes me quite apologetic.  

stay safe and please try and stay in. 

This post really irritated me. The NHS over the last decade has gone from 2% to 7% and with an average of 4% over that time of the UK's entire GDP. No other nation on this planet throws those kinds of monies (hundreds of billions per week) at their health systems. To blame the government tells me that you work in an institution that has has labour written all over it and that has people relentlessly gossiping and moaning about more money, more money, and lack of money on a relentless scale.

NHS bodies (regional primary care trusts) responsible for commissioning most health services and for improving public health. ... They are currently responsible for managing around 80 per cent (£110 billion) of the NHS budget p/w. It's their responsibility. 

Add to that the £13 billion debt written off. You could blame most of that on mis management. 

I have a few family members in the nhs, an aunt who has been in management and currently switched to a dietary job role who has been with them for 20+ years. Suffice to say we have some good debates about these topics frequently. 

Footballers money is footballers money. You cannot cap that industry with thinking of capping others because it then becomes discriminatory. 

I am all for charity and giving to charity, but when I do it is my own private business and no one else's. Whilst footballers are high earners and in the public eye, what reason is that to point the finger at them? It isn't morally right. 

Let the footballers do what they personally want to do and then judge them after. 

Edited by UHDrive
  • Thanks 1

As in any war and this is akin to one there will always be people who will take advantage of the dire situation people are in.

Some are even paid / in the business to do this.

Somerset Capital Management says investors have a “once in a generation” chance of “super normal returns”.

SCM said it was focusing on clients’ long-term security.

It came as the UK death toll rose by a record 708 – including a boy aged five.

As millions face financial misery, SCM managers are buying into businesses where valuations have tumbled – but should bounce back. Potential gains of 500 per cent are touted.

Investments so far include private hospitals in Brazil, pharmacies in South Africa and a firm behind a scanning device which checks if people are wearing masks in China.

1_Mogg.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

As in any war and this is akin to one there will always be people who will take advantage of the dire situation people are in.

Some are even paid / in the business to do this.

Somerset Capital Management says investors have a “once in a generation” chance of “super normal returns”.

SCM said it was focusing on clients’ long-term security.

It came as the UK death toll rose by a record 708 – including a boy aged five.

As millions face financial misery, SCM managers are buying into businesses where valuations have tumbled – but should bounce back. Potential gains of 500 per cent are touted.

Investments so far include private hospitals in Brazil, pharmacies in South Africa and a firm behind a scanning device which checks if people are wearing masks in China.

1_Mogg.jpg

These investment vehicles are handling a lot of our pensions ........ of course they are looking to invest where there is ‘value’.  

There are always two sides to every trade. And that will vary from someone being absolutely turned over to deals where both sides are happy ........ that’s never been any different going back thousands of years ....... ‘blessed are the cheesemakers’

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

These investment vehicles are handling a lot of our pensions ........ of course they are looking to invest where there is ‘value’.  

There are always two sides to every trade. And that will vary from someone being absolutely turned over to deals where both sides are happy ........ that’s never been any different going back thousands of years ....... ‘blessed are the cheesemakers’

I understand that and my day to day managing relies in part on a private pension. I was just pointing out that there will be winners and loses, I wasn't making any moral judgement about this company, you could even argue they are saving businesses just that that is their business. People can make their own judgements, I'm not even in the criticising  footballers, footballer owners camp as I don't know enough about the intricacies and nuances involved.

• Like 1

There’s a good argument that clubs should lower player wages in order to pay non-playing staff before calling on the taxpayer for help. 

But what about if the non-playing staff are being kept on and paid as normal (as seems to be the case with us)? 

What’s the argument for players to take a pay cut in these circumstances? 

Basically, it’s because they are rich. But they aren’t the only people in society who are rich, are they? 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

There’s a good argument that clubs should lower player wages in order to pay non-playing staff before calling on the taxpayer for help. 

But what about if the non-playing staff are being kept on and paid as normal (as seems to be the case with us)? 

What’s the argument for players to take a pay cut in these circumstances? 

Basically, it’s because they are rich. But they aren’t the only people in society who are rich, are they? 

There should be no argument about cutting players salaries or anyones salaries. 

Players sign a contract. It's their form of employment contract and its solely between them and their employers. 

Discrimination...  

52 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Jacob Rees Mogg has a large interest in this particular 'investment vehicle'

Nice to know that the Government - at this time of existential crisis - can call on the services of such - er- pragmatists.

It seems rampant capitalism - as ever - has the welfare of the people at 'heart'.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2020 at 18:23, Les-TA-Jon said:

Just to play devil’s advocate - how is this different to any other industry worth hundreds of millions? 

Shouldn’t there be the same level of criticism levied at all other industries where the highest paid staff aren’t electively sacrificing their salaries to pay for those below them? 

I agree that in principle it's the same. I work for a global company in the travel industry (I've been furloughed) our turnover is around 2bn Euros and we have over 100,000 employees. We have always considered ourselves better off than most in the industry with large cash reserves and a sound footing. That said we are taking advantage of any govt. help we can from Spain, UK and any other country who is offering. We have also taken out a massive loan and had to lay off 440 staff in last few days. All staff still working have had a 20-30% reduction in pay and MD gets a 60% reduction. No staff or directors bonus to be paid for last financial year.

After all that we expect that we can survive to the end of the year although that is dependent upon travel starting to pick up in the far east and maybe some domestic travel in places like Germany before year end.

The difference with football clubs is the vast pay disparity between the players and other staff and I think the clubs themselves (not the PFA) should be making the decisions with individual players and agents to agree short-term wage reductions.

All clubs are in differing positions and was reading about Burnley possibly struggling to survive beyond August. :cry: 

Edited by TonyN11