Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Immoral premier league Clubs

2 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

It’s StalinPool 

they hate capitalists and fair play they have stood up to this embarrassing madness 

no one will Let them enjoy there win of the league (if they win it) with this stench around 

I’m glad they spoke out 

One of the more enjoyable things about following a club is getting to know the long time supporters. The ones who hold the history of a club and its underlying ethics.

I know who they are because I still see them pounding away on their forum. They are not happy. There's a fine line that if crossed can really ignite a fan base.

Especially if the History is working class.

Most love a rich guy tossing money at their club to improve the players. But at some point you have to draw the line. Saving a million is like pocket change to FSG/ John Henry. No one likes seeing wealthy selfish assholes treating workers like shit(especially me).  This won't be finessed easily to their long time supporters. Like most of you they Love their club and fear the selling out of what it stands for. Its Personal.

2 minutes ago, Hales said:

Apparently Liverpool have changed their mind and will not furlough staff! They bottled under the pressure! Too little too late LFC! PR team are going to have to work overtime to repair this damage. 

18 minutes ago, Hales said:

Apparently Liverpool have changed their mind and will not furlough staff! Bottled it! Too little too late LFC! PR team are going to have to work overtime to repair this damage. 

I doubt it. Liverpool's PR team have the easiest job in football. The media already twerking for them for it. Oliver Holt's tweet the highlight of the drivel so far.

Edited by Dan LCFC

8 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Liverpool must be the only club in the country who can take the piss to the extreme that they did and then get spaffed over by the media for reversing their ridiculous decision that they made in the first place. They can do literally no wrong. It's beyond belief. Pyongyang FC.

I'm really hoping this will be the last of the Premier League clubs doing it. The PR backlash just isn't worth it.

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I doubt it. Liverpool's PR team have the easiest job in football. The media already twerking for them for it. Oliver Holt's tweet the highlight of the drivel so far.

I saw his tweet - I did reply!!! 😂😡 raging at them being congratulated 😡😡😡😡 

19 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Like the seat prices in the main stand this won't be forgotten. Oliver Holt is comedy gold. Must be sucking on John Henry's knob as we speak.

47 minutes ago, Hales said:

Apparently Liverpool have changed their mind and will not furlough staff! Bottled it! Too little too late LFC! PR team are going to have to work overtime to repair this damage. 

When the potential of lost dollars rears its ugly head they usually do the right thing. Eventually.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

I'm really hoping this will be the last of the Premier League clubs doing it. The PR backlash just isn't worth it.

I doubt it, there'll be another couple of them try it - although I think the more well off you are in this instance the bigger disgrace it is and Liverpool & Tottenham doing it is a bad, bad look. Tottenham didn't surprise me. Liverpool I say fair enough they've realised their error although I think it's solely PR anyway that they've u-turned and they certainly shouldn't be getting praised for it. But like I say with some Liverpool can do absolutely no wrong, ever.

It's beyond me that Liverpool did it after seeing the way it went down with Spurs.

Spurs didn't surprise me in the slightest either. Awful club.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Well done to the Liverpool fans for putting pressure on the owners to change their mind I say.

A nice reminder that whoever currently owns a football club, it’s not really their club.

Owners will only ever be the latest stewards and are only in temporary charge. Clubs will always belong to the fans no matter what.

This is true, and our owners have actually said this if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Well done to the Liverpool fans for putting pressure on the owners to change their mind I say.

A nice reminder that whoever currently owns a football club, it’s not really their club.

Owners will only ever be the latest stewards and are only in temporary charge. Clubs will always belong to the fans no matter what.

99% this Izzy.

But maybe one exception to this is Bury FC.

Doesn’t the furlough only cover up to 2.5k per month (30k a year)? I imagine some of their players are probably on about 2 grand a week (and the rest) so how is that going to work? Do they just take the saving on the 30k a year for each player and then supplement the rest? 

Apologies if I’m being thick here, struggle with maths. 

Edited by Manini

All the clubs that have furloughed staff should be given a year's tranfer embargo for each month of furlough claimed.  If they can't pay a relative pittance for a couple of months then they shouldn't be spending small fortunes on players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Manini said:

Doesn’t the furlough only cover up to 2.5k per month (30k a year)? I imagine some of their players are probably on about 2 grand a week (and the rest) so how is that going to work? Do they just take the saving on the 30k a year for each player and then supplement the rest? 

Apologies if I’m being thick here, struggle with maths. 

They either top it up to the players normal salary (I doubt it in the case) or the players will now get paid £2,500.00 gross each month. Like you say that would be a massive pay cut for these players. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Thanks 1