Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Immoral premier league Clubs

17 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

They either top it up to the players normal salary (I doubt it in the case) or the players will now get paid £2,500.00 gross each month. Like you say that would be a massive pay cut for these players. 

Mental. I imagine most of them wouldn’t even cover there mortgages with that. 

30 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

According to the Sunderland echo the club are topping up the short fall in wages 

Yes, so that the club will be paying the larger proportion and we (taxpayers) are just paying the £2,500 per player per month.

This runs to the end of May, the government will probably extend that but not yet 100% certain

Edited by TonyN11

5 hours ago, TonyN11 said:

Yes, so that the club will be paying the larger proportion and we (taxpayers) are just paying the £2,500 per player per month.

This runs to the end of May, the government will probably extend that but not yet 100% certain

If we assume that they have 150 staff, this is saving them £375,000/month. I’m astonished that more football league clubs haven’t done this already. (Unless they have without announcing it)

6 hours ago, Manini said:

Mental. I imagine most of them wouldn’t even cover there mortgages with that. 

Can defer their mortage till this is all over.

Anyone can live on £2,500 a month.

I'd love the chace of trying to make ends meet on £2,500 a month.

On 05/04/2020 at 12:44, TonyN11 said:

All clubs are in differing positions and was reading about Burnley possibly struggling to survive beyond August. :cry: 

Fortunately that was misreported.  What was said was that it will cost Burnley £50m in losses if the League is still stuck doing nothing by August, with no sign of a resumption to this season or a start to next season.

I'm not sure what the cash reserves are now, but in June 2019 it was £41m, and the net transfer spend was only £8m last year, so we'll be OK for a while yet.

But I agree the original post - it is outrageous that any club should be paying its top earners full whack while cutting the lower paid earners by 20% or while claiming government grants.  At a minimum, they shouldn't get government grants unless all earners, or an equal proportion of high paid to low paid, have their salaries cut by 20%.

• Like 1

Reading to say that the lower leagues are looking at Group administration 

wow ! That will also suggest that they might be all quite sure that the current season will be void 

once again it seems immoral doing that while paying players , but lower league clubs I feel should be allowed Furlough staff,  spurs will probable swallow up the same amount of money as the whole of league 2 ! 

PFA have made a statement saying they will take the pay cut, but they need a guarantee, that the money goes to nhs, league one, and league two (championship omitted) .

Reasonable conditions in my opinion, so how the EPL responds, will tell us if the EPL intentions were legit or if they really wanted the money for their directors.

55 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

PFA have made a statement saying they will take the pay cut, but they need a guarantee, that the money goes to nhs, league one, and league two (championship omitted) .

Reasonable conditions in my opinion, so how the EPL responds, will tell us if the EPL intentions were legit or if they really wanted the money for their directors.

Sounds fair enough! 

The fact it’s taken Spurs so long to make a u turn suggests to me that they don’t really want to reverse their decision. Makes them look wishy washy and indecisive.

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

The fact it’s taken Spurs so long to make a u turn suggests to me that they don’t really want to reverse their decision. Makes them look wishy washy and indecisive.

I think they used it as a tool to push the players into making a wage cut/deferral call but things have moved on re this ....... they also expected many other PL clubs to follow suit .......

On 07/04/2020 at 10:25, LinekersLugs said:

Spurs fans now putting pressure on Levy 

these clubs are gaining a financial benefit over the rest of the league 

I expect the other clubs to act ! 

They know a thing or two about putting the pressure on.

Never works though.

2 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Spurs and Liverpool both shamed into it, both grabbing every penny, no morals whatsoever, scum

....and they'll get more media coverage and kudos for changing their minds than those that didn't stoop that low in the first place.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Spurs and Liverpool both shamed into it, both grabbing every penny, no morals whatsoever, scum

Unbelievable. Takes some of the sheen off their title win. Hopefully nobody let's them off the hook. 

4 hours ago, Corky said:

:appl: Tottenham owners showing real class there. Listening to the fans. Superb*

*Well, that's how the media spoke about Liverpool's u-turn.

Classless club 

only changed because they are aware the league is considering ban on transfers for any club using furlough