Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Immoral premier league Clubs

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Totally this! A couple of mill would be all they need to pay. 

If we were paying 500 people 30k a year (which we obviously aren't) it's 1.25 mill a month wage bill. 2 months at 30 k 2.5mill in the grand scheme of things for prem clubs is absolutely nothing. 

Have you read what Levy has said.It’s a warning that no club is too big to be taken down by this.He should know.His club is mortgaged to the hilt and they simply don’t know where this crisis is taking them.If I was a Spurs fan I would be worried that he’s announced this now.Knowing full well of the negative backlash,just to save a couple of million quid.When is everyone going to wake up to the fact football at every level is heading for the rocks.

It will be interesting to see what Leicester City do in this situation. Many staff at the club have been there for years; predating Vichai and King Power coming to the club. We also know that the club is extremely protective of this legacy and it said it all that all of the staff were in tears when Vichai died.

For that reason I would hope that all non-playing staff keep their full salaries even without the players taking a cut. But this is a massive shortfall of cash to make up and nothing is guaranteed. We've also seen that work has continued on the Training Centre, even though IMO it shouldn't be given it's non-essential. So it will remain to be seen what happens... we might come out of this situation without looking like a picture of upstanding morals and ethics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

It will be interesting to see what Leicester City do in this situation. Many staff at the club have been there for years; predating Vichai and King Power coming to the club. We also know that the club is extremely protective of this legacy and it said it all that all of the staff were in tears when Vichai died.

For that reason I would hope that all non-playing staff keep their full salaries even without the players taking a cut. But this is a massive shortfall of cash to make up and nothing is guaranteed. We've also seen that work has continued on the Training Centre, even though IMO it shouldn't be given it's non-essential. So it will remain to be seen what happens... we might come out of this situation without looking like a picture of upstanding morals and ethics.

I think there's a fair few staff that have been here even way before that, going back to when we we were in administration. I hope the club do the right thing and protect non-playing staff.

One thing that does worry me is this massive loan we took out with that 'vampire bank' - fingers crossed there's a contingency within the contract in case we're unable to keep up payments due to circumstances beyond our control, or at least the bank is understanding. 

No doubt KP would be able to deal with the situation but then FFP rules might come into play.

Very uncertain times.

• Like 1

Nothing surprises me with the sh1t show that is spurs.

I'm sure I read something the other day suggesting the clubs were talking to the PFA regarding players taking salary reductions but it had to have some sort consent via them before it could be processed. 

You've got to hand it to Daniel Levy. Morally, financially and from a purely sporting point of view he seems to have an absolutely faultless instinct for doing and saying exactly the wrong thing.

But so far I've heard nothing from Leicester during this crisis apart from the usual clichés. Come on City, this is a chance to show that we're a club at the heart of the community. This silence is slightly concerning.

• Like 1

Since the inception of the EPL football in England has never been on a level playing field. The gap is widening season after season. What really irks me is the fact that some football clubs are going out of business for less than what the top earners get per week yet ALL players from Messi downwards all started somewhere.

I recently read ‘All Hell Let Loose’ - Max Hastings’ brilliant account of WW2.

On the inside cover he writes: “The world between 1939 and 1945 saw some human beings plumb the depths of baseness, while others scaled the heights of courage and nobility.”

The same is kind of true now.

Our rich footballers need to adjust their moral compass and show some of the latter.

My guess is that once one big-name Premier League footballer donates a large wad of cash to those in need (hopefully it will be a Leicester player), the rest will feel inspired (or pressurised) into followIng suit. But I’m not holding my breath...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Have you read what Levy has said.It’s a warning that no club is too big to be taken down by this.He should know.His club is mortgaged to the hilt and they simply don’t know where this crisis is taking them.If I was a Spurs fan I would be worried that he’s announced this now.Knowing full well of the negative backlash,just to save a couple of million quid.When is everyone going to wake up to the fact football at every level is heading for the rocks.

I think Goose is off the mark expecting the club to foot the bill of the non playing staff, but the players should be. There's no reason for them not to take a small cut in pay to fun those much lower paid members of staff in the places like the club shop, offices etc. That money saved by the by even a 10% cut for the players would surely fund the other wages.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I think Goose is off the mark expecting the club to foot the bill of the non playing staff, but the players should be. There's no reason for them not to take a small cut in pay to fun those much lower paid members of staff in the places like the club shop, offices etc. That money saved by the by even a 10% cut for the players would surely fund the other wages.

Yes totally agree.I’m certain they will aswell.As I said,they will have to get their heads together and this takes time.They need to have a broad front on this.Morgan and Evans have probably been on the blower all morning.

This is an evolving story.  

• First Grealish and his stupidity and crass apology.  Then Villa saying he's been fined, but they don't want to discuss the matter again. No idea if he'll be prosecuted, but that's unlikely,

• Then its Levy, greedy Levy pocketing £millions and getting the battered Taxpayer (Government Bailout scheme) to foot the bill of all his non-playing staff.  Absolutely disgusting.

• Several other clubs following suit, be it on slightly different terms, but still getting the Taxpayer to pay their staff wages, when the clubs have millions in income.

All this when £millionaire footballs keep their cash rolling in...….untouched.

I am literally crossing my fingers and toes our club and our players resolve this without Government intervention financially and all the hard working non-playing staff remaining in full paid employment. I'd love OUR club to lead the way.

The PFA have been way too quiet on this issue. Taylor is a crook. The big bundesliga teams and players have been exceptional in raising and donating money to their non playing staff. As others have stated, I really hope we lead on cutting players pay and ensuring all non paying staff can be fully paid without having to rely on the government. 

Edited by North Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

Mate he was paid near £7m and then got the tax payer to pay his staff , disgusting cretin 

The flip side of his 7m payment is that it came from spurs and the personal tax he is paying on it will  likely more than cover the monies the club are claiming from the HMRC scheme ......... just saying ......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, North Leeds Fox said:

The PFA have been way too quiet on this issue. Taylor is a crook. The big bundesliga teams and players have been exceptional in raising and donating money to their non playing staff. As others have stated, I really hope we lead on cutting players pay and ensuring all non paying staff can be fully paid without having to rely on the government. 

Gordon Taylor is a vile individual and his vice like union grip has given clubs little choice.

Reduce the wages of, say, Maddison....and a £100m asset of the club can walk for free due to breach of contract. 

The players and PFA have to offer clubs a lifeline here. 

All English professional players belonging to the PFA should.offer to take unpaid leave without invoking breach of contract. Simple as. Those in the lower leagues and young pros on, say, less than £100k a year can request to be furloughed so that they receive a basic living wage throughout this haitus

• Like 2

Just to play devil’s advocate - how is this different to any other industry worth hundreds of millions? 

Shouldn’t there be the same level of criticism levied at all other industries where the highest paid staff aren’t electively sacrificing their salaries to pay for those below them? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Just to play devil’s advocate - how is this different to any other industry worth hundreds of millions? 

Shouldn’t there be the same level of criticism levied at all other industries where the highest paid staff aren’t electively sacrificing their salaries to pay for those below them? 

Absolutely.

Producers /singers can still make and sell music, and make money from it. Cant really do that in sport now.

Edited by Nalis