Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Immoral premier league Clubs

Rich people doing what rich people do.. Hoarding their money and buying politicians to write laws so they can hoard even more. The newly rich just trying to learn from their bosses so they can hold on to what they have. Greed and corruption have been rampant for centuries. Fear as always sets the stage for who people really are. 

Edited by SO1

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

This post really irritated me. The NHS over the last decade has gone from 2% to 7% and with an average of 4% over that time of the UK's entire GDP. No other nation on this planet throws those kinds of monies (hundreds of billions per week) at their health systems. To blame the government tells me that you work in an institution that has has labour written all over it and that has people relentlessly gossiping and moaning about more money, more money, and lack of money on a relentless scale.

NHS bodies (regional primary care trusts) responsible for commissioning most health services and for improving public health. ... They are currently responsible for managing around 80 per cent (£110 billion) of the NHS budget p/w. It's their responsibility. 

Add to that the £13 billion debt written off. You could blame most of that on mis management. 

I have a few family members in the nhs, an aunt who has been in management and currently switched to a dietary job role who has been with them for 20+ years. Suffice to say we have some good debates about these topics frequently. 

Footballers money is footballers money. You cannot cap that industry with thinking of capping others because it then becomes discriminatory. 

I am all for charity and giving to charity, but when I do it is my own private business and no one else's. Whilst footballers are high earners and in the public eye, what reason is that to point the finger at them? It isn't morally right. 

Let the footballers do what they personally want to do and then judge them after. 

Is this correct?  I though we had the 2nd lowest % of GDP going into the health service out of the G7 countries

23 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Any one know if EPL Referees are taking pay cuts?  Not see anything on this myself.

They're paid about £40k/a, not including match fees (read that somewhere recently) so I doubt it. They're nowhere near in the same position as players to take significant pay cuts.

Edited by StanSP

1 hour ago, TonyN11 said:

Is this correct?  I though we had the 2nd lowest % of GDP going into the health service out of the G7 countries

No. We now spend about the G7 average on healthcare but a bit less as a % of GDP than in the 2000s and around 2015 it was lower than the average. 

We all benefit from good public services and countries that have them are richer than us on the whole. The countries with the worst public services are in Africa.

Austerity apologists like this fella are isolated voices in the current climate and even the government is anti-austerity these days.  

Some people have no moral compass and a deeply cynical view of human nature which reflects more on their own bitterness towards the world than anything else.

• Like 3

It is clear that some clubs are having probs and other should be fine .  All should assume the brakes continues till Sept and see if they are solvent.  Those that are not should slash player wages rather than dump folk onto the tax payers.

Further I have been saying for a month that the pl should set up a 100min  fund for bailing out lower league clubs.  Any payment should undist any dividends are returned to the clubs 

Edited by foxinsocks

This jordanhenderson initiative to give money to nhs is crazy now.  He is being paid money to give to nhs while his employer is only able to pay him coz the tax payers are paying for their staff.

B4 tanything else Henderson and his teammates should be discussing with the lfc owners how they can all support the none playing staff without becoming a burden on tax payers 

3 hours ago, TonyN11 said:

Those figures are figures that labour like to throw around. 

It's a difficult question to answer because (and rightly so) austerity budget cuts were needed after the damage of the recession in 2008. Sometimes people forget how bad that was. 

In 2018 and 2019 additional funds of £22 billion were injected into the NHS over a 5 year plan which then gives a real time increase of 3.4% post 2018 (2010-2018 had an average of 1.3% annual increase). You can model it in many different ways in many different countries I.e. government taxation against private healthcare (france and the US). We also have a big portion needed just to maintain and build old/new buildings. 

Now you can factor in £13 billion of debt removal on top of the surplus of monies that is bound to leave the NHS in a considerably better place than ever before financially after this pandemic is over when you factor further government cash injections and general donations.

17 hours ago, Hales said:

Revolting situation. It now makes sense why the players want things put in place properly  before they fully agree! They are more than happy to help out non-playing staff and the NHS but not put money in the owners pockets! I should imagine many of them were aware of this situation at the excel. Its wholly unfair to mount the pressure on them and not the owners. I truly hope the likes of Liverpool, Spurs etc. will not be spending millions when this is over in the next transfer market! They should be banned. If they don't have the money to pay non-playing staff then they don't have money for new players! I think we may see football run differently moving forward and the businesses looked at more closely. I should imagine the government are furious about this situation.  I still can't believe Man City are doing this and also cannot get my head around the fact Liverpool have used the furlough scheme. It leaves a very nasty taste......

I agree in principle but think you have more trust in your government then I of mine.

Your situation sounds like a potential case of The foxes:ph34r: running the hen house or Rich people don't tend to police their own very well.

If only people could do the right thing instead of fighting for every last scrap.

17 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Liverpool made 42million last year even after soe ding .25 billion on players.  Hiw are they able to have the tax payers pay for their furloughed staff?  Shame

May by increase the rate of income tax for their playing staff and use these additional funds to pay their furloughed staff?  This will help the Government to use public funds to pay the wages of the Millions of other desperate people that are not working for huge successful Football Clubs. 

FSG investers, John Henry and Tom Werner. Showing the type of people they really are. After watching them for three years I'm not surprised.

Edited by SO1

They're saving a million dollars. The ghost of Shankley would be so proud. Can't wait to see the PR show. An absolute gagfest. Hope John enjoys being teamed up with Ashley and Levy.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Have to say the response from Liverpool fans - who famously backed Suarez don't forget - has been superb. Genuinely wouldn't have expected them to take on the men that have made them so successful but they have done.

It’s StalinPool 

they hate capitalists and fair play they have stood up to this embarrassing madness 

no one will Let them enjoy there win of the league (if they win it) with this stench around 

I’m glad they spoke out 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Have to say the response from Liverpool fans - who famously backed Suarez don't forget - has been superb. Genuinely wouldn't have expected them to take on the men that have made them so successful but they have done.

No surprise at all. Spirit of Shankley is a great group who try and do good stuff.

As as I said earlier in thread, if you'd have asked me which club I thought wouldn't do this I'd have guessed Liverpool.

Obviously their owners don't share the same thoughts as the majority of their fan base but good stuff from Liverpool fans but I did expect a response.