Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Immoral premier league Clubs

I saw that Newcastle have furloughed their recruitment dept.  I guess there’s no football ongoing to review, they know their targets already and Ashley doesn’t see any point in paying people to sit around, especially if he’s actually negotiating a sale of the club.  I couldn’t imagine a premier league club taking liberties with such a crucial part of the club infrastructure......... mad.  Perhaps he’s doing whatever he can to try and accelerate a sale .........

To be fair some of the lcfc players have donated things already - Kasper to age uk, Chilly - items to be auctioned for a childrens bereavement charity and I think Vardy helped with iPads and electronics for the hospital.  I'm sure they will come good with pay too as the club is close knit and I honestly cant believe they wont help. I guess it may just take a little time to sort with some players out of the country. To be fair to them though we dont know personally what they are doing. They may be helping family and friends out financially at the moment?

Edited by Hales

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

The flip side of his 7m payment is that it came from spurs and the personal tax he is paying on it will  likely more than cover the monies the club are claiming from the HMRC scheme ......... just saying ......

I’m sure he is able to write off millions of it some how, scum like him always do 

4 hours ago, Hales said:

To be fair some of the lcfc players have donated things already - Kasper to age uk, Chilly - items to be auctioned for a childrens bereavement charity and I think Vardy helped with iPads and electronics for the hospital.  I'm sure they will come good with pay too as the club is close knit and I honestly cant believe they wont help. I guess it may just take a little time to sort with some players out of the country. To be fair to them though we dont know personally what they are doing. They may be helping family and friends out financially at the moment?

Player's out of the country?

Really?

PFA are meeting to discuss players taking wage cuts.

From Twitter - Have obtained the email PFA sent to its members earlier (see excerpts below)
*”many” clubs have approached players about furloughing &/or wage deferrals
*PFA wants to see clubs’ finances before advising players
*wants squads to collectively discuss with PFA before agreeing https://t.co/Wg0caIu9Ml

Great idea to divide the players from the rest of the staff. The team is not the 11 on the pitch or the first team squad its the whole club and everyone in it

I'd like to think that everyone enjoying enormous wealth in our club will help the ones who don't, but are so integral to their success

With the attitude Spurs, Newcastle and Norwich (I'm looking at you Delia - where are you, lets be havin you!) all deserve to be playing in the Evostick in a few years time. I'd be ashamed to be a supporter of this set of rat bags!

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Bournemouth are also doing this. Talk about forgetting where you've come from 

But Eddie Howe has taken a pay cut to help the club out so it's not all that bad at Bournemouth. I think a lot of players are hiding behind that creep Taylor and the PFA. 

46 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think we should lay off Gordon Taylor .....at his stage of life he must be devastated to have lost 25% of his multi million pound pension fund......... I don’t imagine he has much time left to spend thinking about anything else .......

I would think he will need his pension as he might want to have a little bet.

Not calculated it but if a player is on 100K a week, that is 100 times someone who is on £52K a year, nearly double national average wage, so back of fag packet workings players could take a 1-2.5% paycut to fund non playing staff wages very easily. Even if they were furloughed which is academic they could make up the extra 20%.

As much as its morally wrong the government cant exclude certain industries from this as they still operate as a business, albeit an unusual one. A meet in the middle would be to furlough non playing staff and ask the paying staff to make up the 20%. Still a bad taste but better than current situation 

For non playing staff I don't see the issue.

How is football different from other profitable industries whose whole market has been essentially closed by the government - hotels, airlines, pubs. That's exactly what the government scheme is there for. Football clubs aren't non eligible for it just because some of their players are on big money.

Easyjet are using the scheme, and Stelios is clearly not claiming the money himself.

TopShop and Arcadia are using the furlough scheme too, but their highest paid staff (Philip Green etc) will still get paid.

I am sure the players will collectively come to an agreement with clubs as it is clearly not sustainable to keep paying that level of money. But it will need to be separate to the govt scheme clearly.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Red Squirrel said:

Great idea to divide the players from the rest of the staff. The team is not the 11 on the pitch or the first team squad its the whole club and everyone in it

I'd like to think that everyone enjoying enormous wealth in our club will help the ones who don't, but are so integral to their success

With the attitude Spurs, Newcastle and Norwich (I'm looking at you Delia - where are you, lets be havin you!) all deserve to be playing in the Evostick in a few years time. I'd be ashamed to be a supporter of this set of rat bags!

It's funny how it takes something tragic to affect us (the taxpayer) before we discover our morals.

Have you ever looked upon the homeless in Leicester and reconciled that against the wages we pay Vardy et al every week?

Those clubs are ultimately following the routes available to them, I imagine Norwich, the paupers of this division and who have no external financial input rely heavily on the money they've budgeted for this season actually coming in. 

Delia is worth around £22 Million

How many hundreds of times are our owners worth more than that?

Sorry to sound harsh but there will be far bigger businesses than these football clubs furloughing lower tiered staff while the elites go unaffected.

• Like 3