Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Schmeichel Meets Shilton

7 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Not many comments on this? Has anyone watched part 2, did Shilton bore you to death as he usually does?

Anyway, it will have justified his salary for another month.

Come on Rob spill the beans what did Shilts do wrong to you 

it’s personal now 🤣🤣🤣🤣

17 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Come on Rob spill the beans what did Shilts do wrong to you 

it’s personal now 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nothing, I just really don’t like the way people suddenly turn up at our club when they want a payday. I was dead against a Banks statue when that was discussed as he rarely turned  up apart from his testimonial many years after he left.

I remember another Leicester legend turning up once for work at the club ( not a footballer). He wasn’t the nicest individual, a bit big time, but then when the money ran out he appeared, being paid by the club and being nice to guests in the corporate areas. I ignored him and thought to myself “ you wasn’t this nice a few years ago when you had money, you didn’t have time for people then”

I think we shouldn’t have employed Shilton, I would prefer nobody in place rather than someone who has been missing for decades

Edited by Rob1742
  • Like 1

This is not a go at the club by the way, it’s just a small error they have made in my opinion They employ the likes of Elliott, Taggart, Piper, The Birch, Mauchlen who I know from personal experience are genuinely proud of their time at Leicester and they always talk fondly of us, even before the club took them on. 
So in general the club gets it right, but Shilton wanted to leave us many years ago, and he has had very limited if any links to the club since he decided he wanted out in the 70’s. 
So the majority of the time they get it right

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Nothing, I just really don’t like the way people suddenly turn up at our club when they want a payday. I was dead against a Banks statue when that was discussed as he rarely turned  up apart from his testimonial many years after he left.

I remember another Leicester legend turning up once for work at the club ( not a footballer). He wasn’t the nicest individual, a bit big time, but then when the money ran out he appeared, being paid by the club and being nice to guests in the corporate areas. I ignored him and thought to myself “ you wasn’t this nice a few years ago when you had money, you didn’t have time for people then”

I think we shouldn’t have employed Shilton, I would prefer nobody in place rather than someone who has been missing for decades

I know who your on about and I had that moment when he was hosting and I thought what is this all about etc... 

and I agree with You in essence we need to look after the lads that gave it their all and stuck around in the community and it’s our time to look after them 

shilton is a knob by the way I was at an FA golfing day and a good friend of mine was playing with shilton and said he was an utter boring self obsessed fella , and he wanted to bet big cash on every putt, madness 

• Like 1

Hard to be harsh On Peter he was super goalie would have been our school team keeper if he wasn't at LCFC all the time so we got brother Graham who was decent.

Self confessed gambling problem flawed like many of the current crop(Walker??) but no worse/

My son has been to a number of footballers homes recently fitting gym kit (with rules)and he has said without exception they have all been very pleasant and polite so that's another side of the coin 

On 08/05/2020 at 23:38, Qwerty said:

I can’t believe Kaspar lives in a flat and doesn’t have a garden!  

That struck me as odd, I'm glad someone else picked up on it.

He's entitled to live wherever he wants but surely he's minted enough to have a big house.

3 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

29 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

I know who your on about and I had that moment when he was hosting and I thought what is this all about etc... 

Name and shame lads, come on!

Schmeichel did well to get a word in. Shilts was in full on let's talk about me mode.

Fwiw, I can't help but like him. The older he gets, the thicker he becomes. He surely can't have been that docile in his prime. 

Had no idea he was on our payroll though. Does no harm to keep great names of the past close by. If nothing else, it pisses Forest fans off no end. They (secretly) hate the fact he's more us than them

• Like 1

On 04/05/2020 at 13:55, Gamble92 said:

Is it just me who thinks Shilton is a self entitled, arrogant, shrivelled ballbag of a man?

Idk about that but by god he was dreadful in that shoot out against Germany in 1990 and how the hell did he get out jumped by the midget Maradona in the hand of god incident? 🙈 the handball deflected away from some poor goal keeping 

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

That struck me as odd, I'm glad someone else picked up on it.

He's entitled to live wherever he wants but surely he's minted enough to have a big house.

Name and shame lads, come on!

Steve Walsh?

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Idk about that but by god he was dreadful in that shoot out against Germany in 1990 and how the hell did he get out jumped by the midget Maradona in the hand of god incident? 🙈 the handball deflected away from some poor goal keeping 

That penalty shootout remains the worst goalkeeping display i have ever seen. I wasn't around in 1990 but i cannot for the life of me work out why when i watch these re-runs back why no one ever mentions how bad he was? He dives about 20 seconds after each penalty. He's supposed to be one of our best ever goalkeepers and he looks like a drunk dad standing in for the no.1 at the Dog and Duck. 

49 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

That penalty shootout remains the worst goalkeeping display i have ever seen. I wasn't around in 1990 but i cannot for the life of me work out why when i watch these re-runs back why no one ever mentions how bad he was? He dives about 20 seconds after each penalty. He's supposed to be one of our best ever goalkeepers and he looks like a drunk dad standing in for the no.1 at the Dog and Duck. 

He was 40 and playing at Derby FFS. Way past his best and living off glories past. 

Peak shilton was before my time - late 60s City to the hideous successful spell with that red filth under Clough. 

England always has been an 'if the face fits' organisation...and presumably his face at the time was England. Bit like Nick Pope has to play second fiddle to that bozo Jordan Pickford. From.memory, the top GK at the time was Nigel Martyn at palace

10 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He was 40 and playing at Derby FFS. Way past his best and living off glories past. 

Peak shilton was before my time - late 60s City to the hideous successful spell with that red filth under Clough. 

England always has been an 'if the face fits' organisation...and presumably his face at the time was England. Bit like Nick Pope has to play second fiddle to that bozo Jordan Pickford. From.memory, the top GK at the time was Nigel Martyn at palace

Well he was no.1 goalkeeper in a team in the semi-finals of a world cup. He actually specifically says his tactics were to dive after the ball had been kicked, which explains why he got nowhere near each one. It just looked laughable, and i think it'd be brought up a hell of alot more if it wasn't as reputable a name as Shilton. 

• Like 2

On 10/05/2020 at 13:34, Paninistickers said:

Schmeichel did well to get a word in. Shilts was in full on let's talk about me mode.

Fwiw, I can't help but like him. The older he gets, the thicker he becomes. He surely can't have been that docile in his prime. 

Had no idea he was on our payroll though. Does no harm to keep great names of the past close by. If nothing else, it pisses Forest fans off no end. They (secretly) hate the fact he's more us than them

Not sure he is more us than them, he says what his audience at the time wants to hear. Can't warm to him myself. I don't accept him as a true Leicester supporter at all.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Well he was no.1 goalkeeper in a team in the semi-finals of a world cup. He actually specifically says his tactics were to dive after the ball had been kicked, which explains why he got nowhere near each one. It just looked laughable, and i think it'd be brought up a hell of alot more if it wasn't as reputable a name as Shilton. 

No particular issue with that. If it's in the middle third of the goal you're expected to save it. In a high pressure situation where players will generally err on the side of caution you're likely to get a few pens close to the centre.

For me it's no different to picking a side and guessing where the ball is going to go

46 minutes ago, Corky said:

Was it the video of him playing football with Tom Ince when they were about six? 

No , he was part of the opening ceremony at Euro 96

12 hours ago, filbertway said:

No particular issue with that. If it's in the middle third of the goal you're expected to save it. In a high pressure situation where players will generally err on the side of caution you're likely to get a few pens close to the centre.

For me it's no different to picking a side and guessing where the ball is going to go

Keepers dont do that because you get nowhere near it. There has to be an element of predicting what they are going to do. That's why all players study how opposition players take their penalties and study run ups etc. 

12 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Not sure he is more us than them, he says what his audience at the time wants to hear. Can't warm to him myself. I don't accept him as a true Leicester supporter at all.

It's funny how many "ex-leicester" players that have been around tv punditry for years and show no interest in us whatsoever have now suddenly shown such an allegiance for us since the title win. Savage is probably the worst, he was actually baiting Leicester fans when he got near a tv or radio before. Remember constant digs about how badly he's treated by us.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

It's funny how many "ex-leicester" players that have been around tv punditry for years and show no interest in us whatsoever have now suddenly shown such an allegiance for us since the title win. Savage is probably the worst, he was actually baiting Leicester fans when he got near a tv or radio before. Remember constant digs about how badly he's treated by us.

I like Alan Smith. He played for Leicester, but he doesn’t hang onto us. Some knock him for not being Leicester, but he is honest and never overdoes the Leicester situation. 

Savage isn’t the brightest bless him. It’s a shame as his yo-yo attitude was instantly seen by the fans. 

• Like 2