Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Schmeichel Meets Shilton

Lovely conversation. No need to ask them any questions, just set them off.

I remember as a teenager LCFC sometimes used to train down at George Street preseason. Shilton would go up to the top pitch after the main session had finished and let us give him some shooting practice including pens. We didn’t put many past him.

• Like 2

Superb interview and conversation between two of our finest goalkeepers. Only goalkeepers would probably appreciated what they were discussing.

What I would say keepers have been penalised all too often over years by FIFA tweaking the rules. No other position has been affected as much by rule changes over the years and particularly when a goalkeeper was supposedly meant to play as much with his hands as his feet.

8 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Superb interview and conversation between two of our finest goalkeepers. Only goalkeepers would probably appreciated what they were discussing.

What I would say keepers have been penalised all too often over years by FIFA tweaking the rules. No other position has been affected as much by rule changes over the years and particularly when a goalkeeper was supposedly meant to play as much with his hands as his feet.

The game is better as a result though, it makes you think how did teams ever squander a lead when you could just pass it back to the keeper and he could pick the ****er up

Great listen that, and a good length.

Without wishing to wake Geoff up, it was interesting to hear how much of Kasper’s kicking choice was influenced by Puel. If your first directive is ‘touch is better than opposition’, it does explain a few of his more wayward moments. Would be interesting to know what Claudio wanted from his kicking post the title year...

10 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Great listen that, and a good length.

Without wishing to wake Geoff up, it was interesting to hear how much of Kasper’s kicking choice was influenced by Puel. If your first directive is ‘touch is better than opposition’, it does explain a few of his more wayward moments. Would be interesting to know what Claudio wanted from his kicking post the title year...

You've woken me up haha

“You saw under Claude, he asked me a lot to kick to Chilly. But he didn’t exactly want me to kick to Chilly. He’d rather want me to kick to touch and out of play rather than have a centre half head it straight back at us and putting us under pressure.”

:dunno:

28 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You've woken me up haha

“You saw under Claude, he asked me a lot to kick to Chilly. But he didn’t exactly want me to kick to Chilly. He’d rather want me to kick to touch and out of play rather than have a centre half head it straight back at us and putting us under pressure.”

:dunno:

...absolutely no surprise about this!!!!

It was a ploy which Maguire was also instrumental in implementing and the fact that Chilly more often that not. managed to control the ball tight on the line whether it was head height or to feet impressed on me Chillys' technical ability. The process even before Claude, regarding kick off, was the ball was sent immediately wide in an attacking position meaning that we either gained position or gained territory allowing us to press the opposition from the off. Very good tactic but sometimes seemed wasteful. I really feel that Chilly has missed Maguire as they had this "outball"which was pretty much telepathetic, Chillys' game has plateaued and partly due to Maguires' absence.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Is it just me who thinks Shilton is a self entitled, arrogant, shrivelled ballbag of a man?

I don’t really know him well enough to have such a strong view on him. What fuels this belief?

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I don’t really know him well enough to have such a strong view on him. What fuels this belief?

10 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

In general or from that video? 

Heard from a few people who've met him he's a bit of a "do you know who i am" kind of bloke. 

One black tie event too many. Gone to his head i think

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Heard from a few people who've met him he's a bit of a "do you know who i am" kind of bloke. 

One black tie event too many. Gone to his head i think

Fair enough. Can’t say I’d have any idea in that case! 

25 minutes ago, brucey said:

Rob Tanner’s just done a long in depth interview with Kasper as well.

...and this is how the Athletic chose to promote the article.
Really?? Former Man City goalkeeper?? Ok then

800210AE-CA8F-4CB1-B83A-F80BF48254CC.jpeg

That’s the USA feed ....the U.K. site didn’t mention Man City in their tweet .........

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s the USA feed ....the U.K. site didn’t mention Man City in their tweet .........

I took the screenshot directly from an ad that popped up in my Facebook feed (which is set to the UK).

There is even a Man City fan in the comments saying it’s a bit disrespectful.

Edited by brucey

On 03/05/2020 at 21:53, Stadt said:

The game is better as a result though, it makes you think how did teams ever squander a lead when you could just pass it back to the keeper and he could pick the ****er up

Or how could you ever finish 0-0, when all you had to do to score was barge the goalie over the line with the ball in his hands?

• Like 1

On 03/05/2020 at 21:53, Stadt said:

I was watching the Arsenal 89 documentary earlier and a key part of the second goal is the backpass to the keeper which starts the build-up. No way would that happen now- the keeper had two players around him, facing the touchline, and was able to pick it up and get on with it. Now that either goes in the stand (even that late) or they try and do a bit of skill.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

I was watching the Arsenal 89 documentary earlier and a key part of the second goal is the backpass to the keeper which starts the build-up. No way would that happen now- the keeper had two players around him, facing the touchline, and was able to pick it up and get on with it. Now that either goes in the stand (even that late) or they try and do a bit of skill.

The confluence of so many factors that changed football weirdly happened almost at once, Taylor report, backpass rule, Sky tv, Premier League and Champions League formation. To some degree they were probably a little bit interdependent 

No time for Shilton. Apart from being a very boring bloke, he has just turned up at LCFC desperate for work after not giving us the time of day for years and years. He is using us, he was never bothered with us before.

Much prefer the Elliott, Taggart, Piper brigade who have real thought for the club rather then the ones that were desperate to leave and then only turn up again when they need the money. 

His tweets are like a parody account he is so dull. Him being dull is reason enough not to employ him, but the real point is he binned us for years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2