Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

I do wonder if we’ll try and get a marquee proven Prem player signing this window:

I’d still be keen on us looking at the likes of Ryan Fraser from Bournemouth. Only 26 but can’t decide if he’s way better than what we have or if we should be looking for something different - I do fear that if we signed him he’d end up as a sub here as I’m unsure if he’d start week in week out.

Willian I expect to go get a payday with Spurs or a Spanish club but even though he’s 31 - what a player but doesn’t really fit our business model.

Coutinho - would love him here. Real statement of intent. Be amazing if the club found a way but doubtful.

Zaha - don’t think he’s a Rogers player but wouldn’t be upset to see him sign!

Llallana - still got stuff to offer and a solid proven player. Could be a transitional rock for us whilst we incrementally improve the squad to regular top 6 contention.

Any others people reckon we might benefit from or be taking a look at that may be available?

42 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I do wonder if we’ll try and get a marquee proven Prem player signing this window:

I’d still be keen on us looking at the likes of Ryan Fraser from Bournemouth. Only 26 but can’t decide if he’s way better than what we have or if we should be looking for something different - I do fear that if we signed him he’d end up as a sub here as I’m unsure if he’d start week in week out.

Willian I expect to go get a payday with Spurs or a Spanish club but even though he’s 31 - what a player but doesn’t really fit our business model.

Coutinho - would love him here. Real statement of intent. Be amazing if the club found a way but doubtful.

Llallana - still got stuff to offer and a solid proven player. Could be a transitional rock for us whilst we incrementally improve the squad to regular top 6 contention.

Any others people reckon we might benefit from or be taking a look at that may be available?

Hee chan Hwang from Salzburg or Ferran Torres from Valencia. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Could just be personal opinion and something I might not see, but Ryan Fraser would be wholly underwhelming for me. I don't think he's better than Barnes, I'd probably put him on par with Ayoze - decent enough by all means, but not quite that top bracket. If we get a winger in they need to be the absolute bollocks and Fraser reeks of squad-padding for me.

It's a bloody tough gig replacing Riyad but the closer we can get the better.

I agree that Fraser isn't the ideal package but he's still an upgrade. Gray plus a bit of cash would be worth doing IMO.

Mikel Oyarzabal would be brilliant.

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

...Just out of interest!!!!

Have you read this topic from the opening post or did you just post to start a discussion?

...genuine question!!!!!

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I agree that Fraser isn't the ideal package but he's still an upgrade. Gray plus a bit of cash would be worth doing IMO.

Fraser is out of contract at the end of this season so he would be a free transfer if we signed him.

45 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Just out of interest!!!!

Have you read this topic from the opening post or did you just post to start a discussion?

...genuine question!!!!!

Yeah I know the topic from the start. 

I hope we don’t sign the Algerian Bananarama onward.

But yes I wanted to reignite the topic and generate some discussion and find out anything I’ve missed as some peeps are furloughed and have been trawling the sites for links (I’m still working) and some of the previous players discussed in this thread are perhaps no longer options, plus there seems to be a few threads on individual transfer reports and links...

I also very much like to see an updated Ric list a few times a year as he tends to know a bit more about World football than I! 

I also like the transfer talk excitement even though it usually comes to squat.

I’m not bonkers like @SheppyFox or anything - I don’t need a padded room on deadline day.

I hope that explains/accounts for my post!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah I know the topic from the start. 

I hope we don’t sign the Algerian Bananarama onward.

But yes I wanted to reignite the topic and generate some discussion and find out anything I’ve missed as some peeps are furloughed and have been trawling the sites for links (I’m still working) and some of the previous players discussed in this thread are perhaps no longer options, plus there seems to be a few threads on individual transfer reports and links...

I also very much like to see an updated Ric list a few times a year as he tends to know a bit more about World football than I! 

I also like the transfer talk excitement even though it usually comes to squat.

I’m not bonkers like @SheppyFox or anything - I don’t need a padded room on deadline day.

I hope that explains/accounts for my post!

...agree with you regarding Ric and his knowledge on the European scene!!

Benrahma is another 10 and we have more than enough cover in that area, if he could function naturally  on the left then yes with Barnes switched to the right.

As for @sheepyfox, so long as he has a regular supply of Zantac.... then all good.

54 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I’d like someone with a physical presence on the RW just to mix things up, someone similar to Thuram would be very interesting. 

Tete would do this job, young, fast and strong with Champions League experience. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

I’d like someone with a physical presence on the RW just to mix things up, someone similar to Thuram would be very interesting. 

Hes very good. Looking forward to watching him next week against frankfurt. Eduoard, mcneil and sarr would all be alternatives based in this country. Saw mcneil on the right against Bournemouth earlier this season and he was brilliant. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

1 hour ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Fraser is out of contract at the end of this season so he would be a free transfer if we signed him.

Whats your point? We have to convince them to take Gray somehow. 

6 minutes ago, Micky said:

You are all going to be disappointed if you think we will spend big. The economic crash is going to affect football clubs aswell.

Spot on. I doubt we will have much if any money and trading players through swaps will be more prevalent. Just nice to speculate during this time about transfers as bit of normality. 

Edited by North Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Whats your point? We have to convince them to take Gray somehow. 

My point is that if Fraser is out of contract he can't be used in any negotiations for Gray going the other way. Selling Gray to them would be a separate transaction if they wanted to sign him.

5 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Hes very good. Looking forward to watching him next week against frankfurt. Eduoard, mcneil and sarr would all be alternatives based in this country. Saw mcneil on the right against Bournemouth earlier this season and he was brilliant. 

Mcneil is a fantastic winger, im just fearful he'd be 40m+ which i just cant justify

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Micky said:

You are all going to be disappointed if you think we will spend big. The economic crash is going to affect football clubs aswell.

if im being honest i cant see much business being done at all until we return to nomality, clubs cant risk 30m+ on a player to then find out we cant play for a year. but it is nice to speculate/ discuss areas of improvement

3 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

My point is that if Fraser is out of contract he can't be used in any negotiations for Gray going the other way. Selling Gray to them would be a separate transaction if they wanted to sign him.

I was joking. As in we'd have to give them money to take gray  :whistle:

10 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

That wouldn't be marquee given his proneness to injury and age now, but it's a done deal apparently.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

That wouldn't be marquee given his proneness to injury and age now, but it's a done deal apparently.

Oh yeah?

Like I said - I think he’ll be a support through the transition.