Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

Could be Tielemans-esque signing. Wonderkid with much hype goes through a difficult spell and needs a fresh start to get back to his best. Could be worth a punt.

Very good pals with Ndidi too

On 18/05/2020 at 20:58, Lambert09 said:

Watching Leverkusen and wow do they have so many talented youngsters. Bailey and Tah aren’t even in the starting line up today. 

Would sign 5/6 players from them if we could. I was interested in following them seeing as we’ve been linked with so many players in the past (tah, Bailey, dragovic, aranguiz) but it’s diaby that’s impressed me the most. (Other than Havertz obviously) What a fantastic crosser of the ball he is, has a real knack to stand the ball up. And as you expect with a German striker they eat up headers like that. 

Hopefully we will be scouting them, because it’s quite clear this is the standard we need to get to for the champions league. 

Really impressive the other night Diaby, havertz and tapsoda brilliant. Quality all over the pitch 

Edited by North Leeds Fox
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, brucey said:

Have we got a “Who do you NOT want Summer 2020” thread? :mellow:

He's always came across as a bit of a bellend in interviews. I've always got the impression that football is just a job to him, there is no passion there what so ever. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

He's always came across as a bit of a bellend in interviews. I've always got the impression that football is just a job to him, there is no passion there what so ever. 

Like that lad at work who just fetid his head down at work and cracks on because it’s just a job for him. Rather than the lads who go work for a laugh lifestyle and take it for granted 

no different for a footballer 

10 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Like that lad at work who just fetid his head down at work and cracks on because it’s just a job for him. Rather than the lads who go work for a laugh lifestyle and take it for granted 

no different for a footballer 

Exactly like that. That guy at work comes across as a bellend too. 

2 hours ago, brucey said:

Have we got a “Who do you NOT want Summer 2020” thread? :mellow:

Struggling to see what the joke is there? We would have to sell BC first?

Ps I've always thought Rose seemed like a decent lad. I don't mind a player who speaks his mind. 

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...bit of a random quote!!!

Maybe there is something going on as this is a weird comment to make from a fellow pro....unless it was an answer to a direct question.

think he was asked about managers and talked about time spent playing under Brendan when he was younger, was then asked if he'd be coming here in the next window  and then said someone would have to buy Chilwell first

On 17/05/2020 at 21:05, pmcla26 said:

I’ve always thought Ajer seems a lot like John Stones, all the attributes to be a decent centre half or defensive midfielder but just doesn’t seem to quite deliver at either as much as you’d expect. 

That's actually a good comparison, he's very good at things like bringing the ball out from the back and starting attacks but he lacks the basics of defending and positional sense.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

That's actually a good comparison, he's very good at things like bringing the ball out from the back and starting attacks but he lacks the basics of defending and positional sense.

I’ve Never seen him play so I can’t comment but Your saying he lacks the vital attributes of any defender? Surely not our scouts are better than that? :(

If Fuchs doesn’t stay and Rose came in to replace him I’d take that! If chilwell was to leave rose as replacement would be underwhelming and not fitting the age.id Hope we’d replace chilwell with someone of a similar age 

4 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

If Fuchs doesn’t stay and Rose came in to replace him I’d take that! If chilwell was to leave rose as replacement would be underwhelming and not fitting the age.id Hope we’d replace chilwell with someone of a similar age 

Isn’t Luke Thomas highly rated too? Would be great to see him coming through the ranks like Chilwell did.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, les-tah said:

I’ve Never seen him play so I can’t comment but Your saying he lacks the vital attributes of any defender? Surely not our scouts are better than that? :(

Yeah his biggest weakness is the basics of defending.  I wouldn't think this one is one your scouts would be looking at closely tbh, if there's truth in it the basis for the move will be Rodgers and the fact he's worked with him before imo.  If your scouts were watching him this season and were prepared to offer £22m for him off the back of these performances I'd be worried.

16 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Isn’t Luke Thomas highly rated too? Would be great to see him coming through the ranks like Chilwell did.

Can you imagine if we sold Chilwell like 2 years from now and could promote Thomas to replace him? That would be something special.

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...while we are at it looking for Eze we might as well take a look at Ovie Ejaria!!!!

:thumbup:      He's a bit like Gray with the added advantage of a final pass....

Some stuff in the rags about soton owner being unable to sell and therefore some players may be available ..... ward-prowse amongst them. Ings too. 

I doubt we would spend money on ings re his age but JWP is a terrific player and fits our identity really well. 

• Like 1