Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

19 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

We’ve really missed out on Tapsoba, think he’s gonna be one of the next big things

I read we would have signed him if it weren't for the likely rejection of a work oermit. So annoying.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I read we would have signed him if it weren't for the likely rejection of a work oermit. So annoying.

He’s got it all, yet another signing for the advantage of the Bundesliga. I hope we’re after Demiral this summer instead (if he recovers from his injury well)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He’s got it all, yet another signing for the advantage of the Bundesliga. I hope we’re after Demiral this summer instead (if he recovers from his injury well)

Demiral would be brilliant. Also been impressed watching the last 2 freiberg games with Koch. Played two different positions and reminds me of a more mobile Javi Martinez and only a year left on his contract. 

• Like 2

There are an array of versatile forwards that i'd love us to try and bring in. Given the current potential financial restraints though, I'd rather we focus on a right winger. That said, there's so many forwards that we'd have a chance of getting. 

Thuram, Jonathan David, Osimhen, Hee-Chang Hwang, Robin Hack, Patrick Schick, Chimy Avila, Ilicic, Boadu.

The dream is buying the entire front 3 off AZ Alkmaar (Idrissi, Boadu, Stengs) 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There are an array of versatile forwards that i'd love us to try and bring in. Given the current potential financial restraints though, I'd rather we focus on a right winger. That said, there's so many forwards that we'd have a chance of getting. 

Thuram, Jonathan David, Osimhen, Hee-Chang Hwang, Robin Hack, Patrick Schick, Chimy Avila, Ilicic, Boadu.

The dream is buying the entire front 3 off AZ Alkmaar (Idrissi, Boadu, Stengs) 

No chance do we get Ilicic, I don’t know much about the others.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

No chance do we get Ilicic, I don’t know much about the others.

I think we could, at his age he may well fancy a new project. Pure conjecture I might add as its the same as saying Vardy might fancy a move abroad but Atalanta are there for the taking.

Actually, has he signed a new contract? Swear it was up this summer or next? 

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we could, at his age he may well fancy a new project. Pure conjecture I might add as its the same as saying Vardy might fancy a move abroad but Atalanta are there for the taking.

He wouldn’t suit us, so much fun to watch but he suits the Atalanta system where often the pressing is done for him by other players. Plus wrong side of 30 isn’t he?

Jonathan David is the one I think is most likely, has a great record for both club and especially country. Have been linked to him and is a leicester kinda signing.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I can’t remember him signing a new contract but like the other post says he’s getting on a bit, I don’t think they are there for the taking as they are getting champions league qualification again and he’s had years of being relatively average so I can’t see him moving when the team and style he plays in suits him down to the ground.

He’s had an insane last 18 months though, top 5 attacking players in the world when the season was halted I would say.

• Like 1

Jonathan david would fit in very well here I think. Seems to have stepped up brilliantly all throughout his career. The issue would be how happy he would be out wide. Perez noted that he had to stick further out wide in rodgers system. 

Do wonder whether chukwuese would be available this summer at a lower price. He hasn't lit up la liga like previous years and been sub in a lot if matches but has all the raw potential. Might like that we have ndidi and nacho in the squad to help him acclimatise and give him a taste of (hopefully) CL next year. Obviously price would be the main issue and even more so in these times. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Similarly, saying "Atalanta are there for the taking" is like saying we are there for the taking. There are a lot of parallels between the two clubs. On the up, well run, starting little forays into the champions league, good young squads....

• Like 1

Grealish should be a priority I feel. 

Very expensive I am sure, but with his age there will always be resale value. If get champions league, we will have the money. Grealish, Maddison and Barnes. Superb and exciting attacking 3 behind Vardy. 

Stick with the philosophy of younger players with potential. 

The days of just having Mahrez as our main outlet are over and we can have a superb attacking unit. 

He is a fantastic player and will encourage Maddison, Chilwell, to stay. Coutinho is excellent, but would he settle in the midlands and get on with our current team. Grealish I feel will be a better fit for our team.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Similarly, saying "Atalanta are there for the taking" is like saying we are there for the taking. There are a lot of parallels between the two clubs. On the up, well run, starting little forays into the champions league, good young squads....

Atalanta have one of the older squads in Serie A.

35 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

Very expensive I am sure, but with his age there will always be resale value. If get champions league, we will have the money. Grealish, Maddison and Barnes. Superb and exciting attacking 3 behind Vardy. 

The days of just having Mahrez as our main outlet are over and we can have a superb attacking unit. 

He is a fantastic player and will encourage Maddison, Chilwell, to stay. Coutinho is excellent, but would he settle in the midlands and get on with our current team. Grealish I feel will be a better fit for our team.

Agree, if we can get him for under £50m. He has a winning mentality and resilience, along with PL experience. 

If Villa stay up then I'm sure we'll be unable to compete financially. 

Certainly a lot of exciting potential players in our weakest areas anyway.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

As much as I really dislike Grealish I would not mind having him here! He wouldnt have to move house and his best mates are here 😁😉 I think he will go to Man Utd but I think he would be a statement signing and could also be a signing that would attract other young players. I think we should also try for Cantwell.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hales said:

As much as I really dislike Grealish I would not mind having him here! He wouldnt have to move house and his best mates are here 😁😉 I think he will go to Man Utd but I think he would be a statement signing and could also be a signing that would attract other young players. I think we should also try for Cantwell.

The only Norwich player I'd be interested in would be Buendia. Had ridiculous stats when they won the Champs and easily their stand out player when you look at the numbers in the Prem. Also think he's the type of player that would fit perfectly into our style of play / squad. 

• Like 2