Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

9 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah I know the topic from the start. 

I hope we don’t sign the Algerian Bananarama onward.

But yes I wanted to reignite the topic and generate some discussion and find out anything I’ve missed as some peeps are furloughed and have been trawling the sites for links (I’m still working) and some of the previous players discussed in this thread are perhaps no longer options, plus there seems to be a few threads on individual transfer reports and links...

I also very much like to see an updated Ric list a few times a year as he tends to know a bit more about World football than I! 

I also like the transfer talk excitement even though it usually comes to squat.

I’m not bonkers like @SheppyFox or anything - I don’t need a padded room on deadline day.

I hope that explains/accounts for my post!

It isn’t my fault :( plus I have to suffer abuse and bullying on here from Mark 😢

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Shane said:

Buendia - The real star for Norwich not Cantwell imo. According to whoscored (source feb 8th, so the stats might be slightly outdated but still impressive) he was 1st in the league for accurate through balls (11), 3rd for most dribbles (83), 3rd in the assist charts (7) and 2nd for key passes (68).

Vardy would love that kind of service :thumbup:.

Can play RW, CAM, or LW. His versatility makes him a great asset. Could even transition to our 4-1-4-1 system as an one of the advanced CM’s? 

Will be relatively cheap if Norwich go down.

Interesting shout.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Shane said:

Buendia - The real star for Norwich not Cantwell imo. According to whoscored (source feb 8th, so the stats might be slightly outdated but still impressive) he was 1st in the league for accurate through balls (11), 3rd for most dribbles (83), 3rd in the assist charts (7) and 2nd for key passes (68).

Can play RW, CAM, or LW. His versatility makes him a great asset. Could even transition to our 4-1-4-1 system as an one of the advanced CM’s? 

..you have got to be impressed with this!!!

Looks to be positive every chance he gets, very composed and assured on the ball he looks like the real deal. Having had a season in the top flight it now becomes a no-brainer.

I have a massive reservation regarding Tielemanns and this guy fills the need for a central midfielder to run the show. We pick him up at the end of the season and Tielemanns is either benched or pushed further forward.

His attitude and demeanour on the pitch says to.me he would be the perfect link we need to complete this team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..you have got to be impressed with this!!!

Looks to be positive every chance he gets, very composed and assured on the ball he looks like the real deal. Having had a season in the top flight it now becomes a no-brainer.

I have a massive reservation regarding Tielemanns and this guy fills the need for a central midfielder to run the show. We pick him up at the end of the season and Tielemanns is either benched or pushed further forward.

His attitude and demeanour on the pitch says to.me he would be the perfect link we need to complete this team.

I completely agree with this. He looks a quality player and is very under rated. He’s such a positive player and would be a great addition. I can’t imagine he would break the bank too.

12 hours ago, Shane said:

Looks to be a player who's either always in space or manages to find it easily. Great close control and a penchant for a through-ball. Looks like a really good player who could be great for the squad with the potential increase in fixtures next season.

4 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Looks to be a player who's either always in space or manages to find it easily. Great close control and a penchant for a through-ball. Looks like a really good player who could be great for the squad with the potential increase in fixtures next season.

....so...so much more than that....this is not just a squad player, our midfield general!!!!!

12 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Buendia, Benrahma and/or Kostic would be my 3 top additions this summer. 

Stengs is another we should look at as well for sure. 

...Stengs is class!!!

Buendia has the edge as he has played in the Premiership and the chance of the player not taking to the league, is not an issue with Buendia.We have an over abundance in this area and the the out and out winger and Buendia is what we need to push on.

17 hours ago, Shane said:

He's not scored a single goal all season, and isn't very fast either.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Stengs is class!!!

Buendia has the edge as he has played in the Premiership and the chance of the player not taking to the league, is not an issue with Buendia.We have an over abundance in this area and the the out and out winger and Buendia is what we need to push on.

We may have an over abundance of wingers, but let's take a look at them:

Perez, inside forward, out of position on the wing

Barnes, CAM, out of position on the wing

Gray, actual winger, not really good enough

Albrighton, actual winger, not really good enough

Ghezzal, lol

With that in mind, it makes sense to me to look for a winger.

Buendia also hasn't shown anything as a central midfielder in the PL or ever - he played as a 10 in the Championship, and a winger in the PL.

Not saying he wouldn't be a valuable addition, but it is a lot more of a speculative signing than I think some on here see him as. Not to mention, if we did try to mould him into an 8, we already have 3 very good 8s. It could lead to squad issues.

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

http://organizedchaos.herokuapp.com/stats/Players_260592_Show_Emiliano-Buendía

Ridiculous output considering Norwich have been bottom all season 

I like Buendia, but in a funny way I think Norwich is a perfect platform for him to look good.  They play loose and attacking football (to the point of killing any chance they have at not being relegated, frankly) which allows him to operate as freely as he wants.  They generally lack the quality around him to steal his thunder, but do have a high-quality striker (who for me is clearly their best player) good at finishing whatever Buendia can produce.  I'd be cautious about assuming he'd even start regularly at a really good side, much less be an impact player.

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I like Buendia, but in a funny way I think Norwich is a perfect platform for him to look good.  They play loose and attacking football (to the point of killing any chance they have at not being relegated, frankly) which allows him to operate as freely as he wants.  They generally lack the quality around him to steal his thunder, but do have a high-quality striker (who for me is clearly their best player) good at finishing whatever Buendia can produce.  I'd be cautious about assuming he'd even start regularly at a really good side, much less be an impact player.

...linked with a move to Liverpool.!!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I’d argue Barnes is in his best position now, he played CAM in youth football but since his loan at MK Dons he’s been on the wing and not looked back. 

But agree, another winger needs to come in. 

At West Brom he was largely a 10 or second striker, and played pretty averagely when in the wing compared to when playing through the middle. But I do agree that he has improved a lot on the wing since he came back from there, under Rodgers' tutelage. I just would be very intrigued to see him operate as a 10. 

Can you imagine a 3412 with Barnes behind Iheanacho and Vardy? I think that would be very interesting.

18 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I think if we bought Buendia in, whilst he’s another wide option too, he’d be better suited to our team down the middle. I just can’t see him having a very high ceiling as a winger due to his lack of pace. 

I think Rodgers could turn him into a great advanced 8/no.10 as well as knowing he can play wide, most of his chances he creates are the slide ball through the middle rather than crosses or skinning a man for pace and pulling it back. 

Benrahma, Stengs and Kostic could all easily fill the wide berth role from what I’ve seen of them, they’re all class but different types of players all in their own right. 

...I have got to say, that my original post, may not have conveyed my thoughts clearly enough, as you are the second poster to see the meaning of my post in this way!!!!

My take on Buendia is that he would be the cog running the team from the centre of the park,as previously stated a midfield General. Your take on his suitability is what I (ineffectively, so it seems) tried to espouse.

Maybe we should be looking for someone to push Vardy during the next couple of seasons, I haven't any idea who would fit that bill but that why I feel we should be looking now! It’s going to be a mammoth task to find someone to score 15 -20 goals a season. I know this may not be a popular statement but IMO nacho still does not seem good enough to me although has improved a little this season.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, grumpy old git said:

Maybe we should be looking for someone to push Vardy during the next couple of seasons, I haven't any idea who would fit that bill but that why I feel we should be looking now! It’s going to be a mammoth task to find someone to score 15 -20 goals a season. I know this may not be a popular statement but IMO nacho still does not seem good enough to me although has improved a little this season.

We could do a lot worse than the Brentford front line, some talented youngsters IMO.

• Like 1