Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

12 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Leicester still need to do business! No depth on the wings if Barnes/under get injured! Perez isn’t a winger, albrighton and gray aren’t good enough!! 

We won't though....

It won’t happen, but...... it’d be great if we could part exchange Gray for Benrahma at Brentford. Say £10m + Dimi 🤷🏻‍♂️. Win win situation? Everyone would surely be happy (Dimi might have to swallow his pride a little, but he would get to play at an exciting progressive London club, that’s clearly going in the right direction).

Edited by FoxinNotts

3 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Reported in the athletic we were after milik and had initial conversations with him.

Hes on a free in the summer. I would go really big for him in January, either signing him then for a low fee or on a free in the summer and paying the agent. He'd be a great option for us as can lead the line or play in a more withdrawn role.

We'd just need to keep him fit.

We’ve been interested for years. Do hope he can get over his injury worries as he’d be some acquisition!

4 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Reported in the athletic we were after milik and had initial conversations with him.

Hes on a free in the summer. I would go really big for him in January, either signing him then for a low fee or on a free in the summer and paying the agent. He'd be a great option for us as can lead the line or play in a more withdrawn role.

If he's free in the summer, we can offer a pre-contract in January.

On 09/10/2020 at 15:14, FoxinNotts said:

It won’t happen, but...... it’d be great if we could part exchange Gray for Benrahma at Brentford. Say £10m + Dimi 🤷🏻‍♂️. Win win situation? Everyone would surely be happy (Dimi might have to swallow his pride a little, but he would get to play at an exciting progressive London club, that’s clearly going in the right direction).

Don't see how it would make everyone happy all round?

Gray would miss out on a huge signing on fee that he's obviously waiting for by running down his contract.

Brentford would certainly not be happy with £10m + a player who has very little value with his contract situation.

And agents will miss out on huge fees come the summer.

The only ones happy i see wirh your deal would be us! 

7 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Gray would miss out on a huge signing on fee that he's obviously waiting for by running down his contract.

Brentford would certainly not be happy with £10m + a player who has very little value with his contract situation.

Yeah, fair enough 

15 hours ago, themightyfin said:

..surely in this scenario, Gray gets a loyalty bonus from the club!!!

Should Gray sign for them then he re-negotiates a new contract which would then impacts on his market value. The style of play would suit him, he would be one of the more experienced player at the club, that they would look up to, a proverbial biggish fish in a small pond.

I get the feeling that he wants to be in a close proximity to his family and London would be just about far enough.

Edited by sacreblueits442

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'd try and get Benrahma and offer Gray in exchange plus some money.

It's just not the way Brentford do business though, every one of their signings is scouted on data, if Gray hasn't come up on one of those searches they won't go near him (even if he is a 'premier league' player)

You only have to look at their signings, they're only ever from League 1, 2 and the championship or overseas. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It's just not the way Brentford do business though, every one of their signings is scouted on data, if Gray hasn't come up on one of those searches they won't go near him (even if he is a 'premier league' player)

You only have to look at their signings, they're only ever from League 1, 2 and the championship or overseas. 

Yeah that's a very good point.

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah that's a very good point.

Which is a shame, because it would be a lovely swap deal in the making lol 

Mad really when you think about it, Brentford have ONE player on loan this season and even he is from France. That's just completely unheard of in the Championship.

• Like 1

On 09/10/2020 at 16:01, Abrasive fox said:

Been left put of their league squad as well. Spurs and Everton rumoured to be in for him - can't see spurs being an option given they've just signed a striker.

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Been left put of their league squad as well. Spurs and Everton rumoured to be in for him - can't see spurs being an option given they've just signed a striker.

That mean he isn't going to kick a ball for two months then? Bit of a shame, at least it's a shorter window than normal though so he won't be too out of touch! 

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

...why are they still struggling to get out!!!

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m amazed that either we’re not looking to loan or buy from the Championship, or that we are and have managed to keep our moves this quiet? 

I’m starting to reconcile myself, grudgingly, to no further incomings. Think we might regret that & would love to see cover at no.8 arrive, even on loan (Cantwell? Buendia?).

Wouldn’t we expect loan moves out for (at least) Benkovic, Thomas & Dewsbury-Hall?