Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

9 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Cantwell does not "improve our starting eleven" either and frankly cannot carry Zinchencko's jockstrap.

We have to improve BEYOND our starting XI, which was our Achilles Heel last season, and a 20K/wk Zinchencko fits the bill (even with a raise).

Further, we cannot have too many "utility" players, especially given that Amartey's utility (at RB, CB and CDM) does not conflict with (and in fact complements) Zinchencko's utility at LB, LM and CM. Meanwhile, fail to see what Cantwell gives us that we do not already have.

Zinchenko is rubbish. He doesn't improve our starting XI at all. He would be a luxury player imo. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but worth remembering the 'extended window' means we can still sign the odd Championship star or two up until the end of October.

If we want them to play in the Europa League they have to be signed before Tuesday, as that’s when the squad needs to be finalised.

3 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

dear god no, rather diallo as Guendozi is a bit of a well nob

I would rather Diallo but I can see us loaning out Choudhury and then going for Guendozi. Lusamba is still a free agent and it was reported we were going to sign him so I wonder of he is a last resort option as a box to box midfielder.

54 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

For the umpteenth time, our starting XI is hardly the problem.

I think some people think that this is some sort of fantasy football game. You are spot on, our first choice starting 11, or even  13/14 is as good as anyone's on their day. What the end of last season showed us was that it is squad depth we lack once we have a few injuries etc. We do not have the resources to just keep buying nailed on starters unless we are planning to ship out some of our best players and how does that improve us. Every squad needs reliable back ups who are happy in that role and that is where any more business is likely to be focused now.

14 minutes ago, stu said:

If we want them to play in the Europa League they have to be signed before Tuesday, as that’s when the squad needs to be finalised.

For sure... but I think if we wanted to sign a couple of young Champ talents to bulk up our squad, they probably wouldn't have been Europa League considerations anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

I think some people think that this is some sort of fantasy football game. You are spot on, our first choice starting 11, or even  13/14 is as good as anyone's on their day. What the end of last season showed us was that it is squad depth we lack once we have a few injuries etc. We do not have the resources to just keep buying nailed on starters unless we are planning to ship out some of our best players and how does that improve us. Every squad needs reliable back ups who are happy in that role and that is where any more business is likely to be focused now.

With all due respect, your post literally makes no sense to me.
I specifically argued that we have to improve BEYOND our starters (unless you really do not read posts that you respond to).

Zinchencko would not rationally be considered a “nailed-on starter: for us nor in fact as a starter of any kind. Nonetheless, at 23, with over 30 senior international caps plus decent EPL and Champions League experience, he would provide quality depth and cover in at least 3 different positions/roles. Meanwhile, Man City is reportedly actively looking to sell him (he only cost them 1 million) and he earns 20K/week. Exactly how’s that a luxury or fantasy football?

6 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

With all due respect, your post literally makes no sense to me.
I specifically argued that we have to improve BEYOND our starters (unless you really do not read posts that you respond to).

Zinchencko would not rationally be considered a “nailed-on starter: for us nor in fact as a starter of any kind. Nonetheless, at 23, with over 30 senior international caps plus decent EPL and Champions League experience, he would provide quality depth and cover in at least 3 different positions/roles. Meanwhile, Man City is reportedly actively looking to sell him (he only cost them 1 million) and he earns 20K/week. Exactly how’s that a luxury or fantasy football?

And i am agreeing with you. I actually said i thought you were spot on in your response to others posting that Zinchencko was rubbish and not good enough for our starting 11. It is those who are in a fantasy land not you. He would be a decent bit of business for us as a squad player. At 23 he is young enough to improve also.

• Like 1

Just now, urban fox said:

And i am agreeing with you. I actually said i thought you were spot on in your response to others posting that Zinchencko was rubbish and not good enough for our starting 11. It is those who are in a fantasy land not you. He would be a decent bit of business for us as a squad player. At 23 he is young enough to improve also.

My bad. Misunderstood. :cheers:

• Like 1