Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

There’s two more weeks of the domestic window...

True, but also said he wanted 2 more in, but unable to do it due to their being no finances.

39 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Still think we need a creative winger that can play as a 10. Buendia ticks all the boxes but can't see us going for him. I'm convinced he'd be class for us though. His vision and weight of pass are exactly what we need to get the most out of Vardy and Barnes.

I've wanted him all summer, hopefully we can snag him closer to the deadline. Selling Gray for 10m or so and adding Buendia would be good business IMO.

He said no more expected but definitely leavers. Championship deadline is later right? So technically we can sell some tomorrow, raise some funds and still get Buendia or Cantwell etc. before the championship deadline?

5 minutes ago, Hales said:

He said no more expected but definitely leavers. Championship deadline is later right? So technically we can sell some tomorrow, raise some funds and still get Buendia or Cantwell etc. before the championship deadline?

Yes, but only downside is that they wouldn’t be able to play for us in Europe until the knockouts, assuming we get there.

Edited by stu

People will laugh but I'd consider Troy Deeney. Not on a big permanent contract but if we could get him in on season loan. We need an option from the bench, some to offer some physicality which would hopefully give space for others. Really going to struggle to get a striker to play second fiddle, unless we've scouted a young prospect with long term quality. If not then short term loan for someone like Deeney. 

I think we also need a box to box midfielder who has quality. Could be McGregor, someone with a good engine. I think we do need a natural left back but don't think we'll get one with Fuchs around. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

People will laugh but I'd consider Troy Deeney. Not on a big permanent contract but if we could get him in on season loan. We need an option from the bench, some to offer some physicality which would hopefully give space for others. Really going to struggle to get a striker to play second fiddle, unless we've scouted a young prospect with long term quality. If not then short term loan for someone like Deeney. 

I think we also need a box to box midfielder who has quality. Could be McGregor, someone with a good engine. I think we do need a natural left back but don't think we'll get one with Fuchs around. 

And you'd be right. Besides, there's zero chance BR would want to play a physical target man.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

And you'd be right. Besides, there zero chance BR would want to play a physical target man.

I wouldn't want to either as plan A or probably B. And I would hope we are more forward planning than that but there doesn't seem to be any sort of interest in a Vardy alternative or successor. They'll be times when we need a more direct approach, we still might lose but at least defences will have something else to think about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Surely there’s some wheeling and dealing to be done? Perez doesn’t suit us but he could play better for someone else... 

same goes for gray and slim. Surely £40m could be raised from them three? 

Gray is out of contract in 9 months.

We already know Slimani will go for free tomorrow, to whoever will pay his wages.

Perez cost us big money and won't be going anywhere this window.

• Sad 2

Can’t help but think we need a back up striker. Someone a bit different, strong in the air. 

Its hard to find someone whos haooy to rotate so hoping there is someone out there. 

Milik has been touted around and he also was targeted by us a few season back. If he would be up for the role he’d definitely improve the squad. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Can’t help but think we need a back up striker. Someone a bit different, strong in the air. 

Its hard to find someone whos haooy to rotate so hoping there is someone out there. 

Milik has been touted around and he also was targeted by us a few season back. If he would be up for the role he’d definitely improve the squad. 

MANDZUKIC 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I agree although Rogers said no incomings so we’ve finished 2 short of the 5 he wanted and lost our starting left back. Not the perfect window but we have also had far worse 

I'm pretty gutted I'll be watching deadline day knowing we won't be going for anyone. 

I understand why and I'm fairly content with our business but it's still a bit of a let down...

Fully expect Slim and Ghezzal to go.