Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

5 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Think you misread my post i said Cantwell would be a good option at £15m but didn't say he'd 'improve our starting eleven'. As a player i'd pick Cantwell over Zinchenko everytime as he has more star quality/ability to improve the team in the long term but that's my opinion. Yes we struggled for depth last season and were finally starting to add some depth at the right positions and moving on the driftwood and long may it continue.

As discussed by others on this forum the best way to improve the squad is to aim to purchase a better player at each position thus supplanting the previous incumbent and adding depth. Buying Zinchenko (how much would he cost? £10/15m?) doesn't improve our squad in any way as we already have Thomas/Fuchs/ to cover LB/LWB & enough CMs to shake a stick at. I'd rather give game time to Thomas/Dewsbury-Hall who will no doubt be on less than 20k per week and i consider on par in terms of ability.

Before the close of the window we need to target the right areas such as impact quality winger & another CB if we go to 3 at the back, hence why i suggested getting a quality loan in.

Noted, but I suppose that’s where we have to agree to disagree. 

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd like a couple more U23 signings, 1 of which is a 16-19 year old striker who could push to be 3rd choice in the first team this season.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

A striker who is equally adept at filling in for Barnes wide left is probably the only minor gap needed and Arnaud Lusamba on a free would do me.

Gray, Ghezzal, Slimani, Silva, James, Benkovic and KDH all out on loan or gone permanently 

lol 
Just come  out and say it Ric!
“Doku please”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I am confused by the notion that he can be at once both rubbish AND a luxury.

I'd take him, tore us a new one against man city youth team in the mockery mouse cup one year. Looked like a mini me version of de bruyne back then. 

Edited by gw_leics772

24 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Just read link with gray to Leeds and it says man u are open to selling James for £25m and less wages than gray. Could he be a longer term Vardy successor? (don't watch any games as a neutral, just know there was a buzz around him up front early doors.) 

Absolutely not! He's dirt. That's why Man Utd want rid so soon. He had a purple patch at the beginning of last season, but it's apparent now he's just a speed merchant with not much else in his locker. Avoid!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, majaco said:

Our squad looks strong.  Before the season  started, it was being described as threadbare by some; it was never that. But we have strengthened very well.  By my reckoning , we have about fourteen top rate players with several able deputies.

Besides replacing anyone who leaves (we will probably sell an expensive player next summer), imo our next acquisitions need to be a left footed left-hand and a striker.

I would like to see us bring in two or three young home grown players to help keep a balance in the squad.

If Cenghis brings some magic and Barnes moves on further, we might be able to hit 70 points this season.

...we will be on a lot more than that!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442

3 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Shiqiri obviously on his way......would we, would you.....as a partner for Vardy I can think of worse....

If we were looking for a striker to partner Vardy, I would prefer someone who was, y'know...... a striker!

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Whilst I think we now have a capable squad, if Vardy was to get injured for a long period of time, we would struggle big time. I think we need a young, dangerous striker 

It would be good, but I don't think I'd say it's crucial. I'm not sure we'd struggle any more than any other club would if they lost their best striker.

Nacho's probably one of the best backup strikers in the league. I think he even matched Vardy's minutes per goal last season, didn't he? We'd probably find it pretty tough getting in someone better to sit on the bench.

Still think we need a creative winger that can play as a 10. Buendia ticks all the boxes but can't see us going for him. I'm convinced he'd be class for us though. His vision and weight of pass are exactly what we need to get the most out of Vardy and Barnes.

• Like 2