Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Although he did say that he wouldn't expect more in, he also said he wanted to address a couple more positions. If any did come in I would imagine they would be loans. 

If we only get the three, I would still be happy. Three quality players in positions that we needed quality players. 

Looking at squad as it currently is I would like one more attacker:

Goalkeepers: Schmeichel & Ward

Fullbacks/Wingbacks: Ricardo, Castagne, Justin, Fuchs, Albrighton 

Centrebacks: Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana, Amartey, Morgan

Central midfield: Ndidi, Mendy, Tielemans, Praet, Choudhury, Dewsbury-Hall

Attacking mids: Maddison, Barnes, Under, Gray, Perez

Strikers: Vardy, Iheanacho 

That would leave Slimani and Silva that need selling and Benkovic to go out on loan. 

If we can flog Gray and bring in a better winger that’s a hell of a window 

2 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

That would leave Slimani and Silva that need selling and Benkovic to go out on loan. 

What about Thomas? Keep or loan?

5 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I think Jakupovic will have to be in the 25, so someone else has to miss out. Fofana is u21, so doesn't need to be named for PL (IIRC), but someone else has to be left off for EL. I'm pretty sure Gray's transfer-listed now and won't be involved.

Our squad looks strong.  Before the season  started, it was being described as threadbare by some; it was never that. But we have strengthened very well.  By my reckoning , we have about fourteen top rate players with several able deputies.

Besides replacing anyone who leaves (we will probably sell an expensive player next summer), imo our next acquisitions need to be a left footed left-hand and a striker.

I would like to see us bring in two or three young home grown players to help keep a balance in the squad.

If Cenghis brings some magic and Barnes moves on further, we might be able to hit 70 points this season.

Very happy with the squad and window. Maybe sneak one in before Monday if we do sell gray and shift out slimani etc but wouldnt be concerned of that was the end of our business. Someone young like doku if gray goes or a player like Jakobs, zinchenko or rashica that can play in a couple of positions. Great business done by the club though. 

A striker who is equally adept at filling in for Barnes wide left is probably the only minor gap needed and Arnaud Lusamba on a free would do me.

Gray, Ghezzal, Slimani, Silva, James, Benkovic and KDH all out on loan or gone permanently 

21 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Squad feels strong and our league start has really given me a boost of confidence, as well as our Europa draw.

I just worry about the squad depth if we have another cluster**** of injuries or god forbid, a virus outbreak.

The chances of a viral issue with at least one of our fixtures is fairly high, but the same applies to the rest of the teams in the league, or the FA Cup for that matter. We've got to hope that our team and staff are sensible especially when the Christmas holidays come rolling along and they need to return to home countries etc.

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think Jakupovic will have to be in the 25, so someone else has to miss out. Fofana is u21, so doesn't need to be named for PL (IIRC), but someone else has to be left off for EL. I'm pretty sure Gray's transfer-listed now and won't be involved.

Wasn’t listing the 25 man squad, just options in each position. I’m guessing a few won’t need to be listed due to age 

Just now, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Wasn’t listing the 25 man squad, just options in each position. I’m guessing a few won’t need to be listed due to age 

Ah, right. Weird coincidence that you listed exactly 25 players, then! (That's sincere, btw. Hard to express that through text only. :))

I think it might just be Fofana out of those who is under 21, and I think he has to be on the 25-man list for the EL as he is not home-grown.

Anyway, I think the 25 will probably be the players you listed, but with Jakupovic replacing Gray.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Cantwell does not "improve our starting eleven" either and frankly cannot carry Zinchencko's jockstrap.

We have to improve BEYOND our starting XI, which was our Achilles Heel last season, and a 20K/wk Zinchencko fits the bill (even with a raise).

Further, we cannot have too many "utility" players, especially given that Amartey's utility (at RB, CB and CDM) does not conflict with (and in fact complements) Zinchencko's utility at LB, LM and CM. Meanwhile, fail to see what Cantwell gives us that we do not already have.

Think you misread my post i said Cantwell would be a good option at £15m but didn't say he'd 'improve our starting eleven'. As a player i'd pick Cantwell over Zinchenko everytime as he has more star quality/ability to improve the team in the long term but that's my opinion. Yes we struggled for depth last season and were finally starting to add some depth at the right positions and moving on the driftwood and long may it continue.

As discussed by others on this forum the best way to improve the squad is to aim to purchase a better player at each position thus supplanting the previous incumbent and adding depth. Buying Zinchenko (how much would he cost? £10/15m?) doesn't improve our squad in any way as we already have Thomas/Fuchs/ to cover LB/LWB & enough CMs to shake a stick at. I'd rather give game time to Thomas/Dewsbury-Hall who will no doubt be on less than 20k per week and i consider on par in terms of ability.

Before the close of the window we need to target the right areas such as impact quality winger & another CB if we go to 3 at the back, hence why i suggested getting a quality loan in.

• Like 1