Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Riyad never wanted to join LCFC

Just now, bmt said:

Also, I think Ndidi is absolutely sensational and will be one of the best in the world. But whoever said he has eclipsed Kante, who has won a world cup and 2 premier leagues with different teams (and been one of the best players in both), needs to get a grip.

That I can agree with.

Kanté was probably the best player in the world for a while - better than Messi or Ronaldo.

Just now, FIF said:

We understand that you don't agree but you are a Mahrez homer. Nobody in their right mind would choose Mahrez given the choice of Mahrez or Sané tomorrow or for the rest of their careers. 

I don't even know what a homer is but cool. 

Right, can't believe I'm giving this more time. Over the last 14 games before his injury, Sane played just 34 minutes a game. It's clear he'd lost favour in some way with Pep, in my opinion because he's actually pretty wasteful. Mahrez played 30 mins per game over the same period, but in my opinion he hadn't really found his feet until the current season.

Mahrez (19/20) and Sane's (18/19) goals per game in the prem - 0.30 vs 0.32. 

Mahrez (19/20) and Sane's (18/19) goals per game in the prem - 0.35 vs 0.43. 

So stats wise they're pretty close, Mahrez is arguably slightly ahead due to assists. I think, given the two things above, Pep would pick Mahrez over Sane. I guess we won't know until the season restarts. But that is ignoring the fact Sane has just been out for a whole season, and the fact he's probably going to be allowed to go to Bayern for around 50 million (which happens to be less then Pep valued Mahrez at). 

Anyway, I'm fed up of this debate. They're both clearly good, and the original point of me saying Mahrez was good is that he wouldn't struggle to find another club, which he wouldn't. 

19 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Everyone just remembers the Kante of 15/16, he ain’t the same player. As I said in that post, speak to any Chelsea fan and ask them who’s been better this last 12 months, Kovacic or Kante and 9/10 will tell you Kovacic. 

So you insist on comparing current day Kante with Ndidi, but you're happy to use 18/19 Sane with Mahrez. Seems fair.

Everyone knows Kante hasn't been properly utilised for a long time at Chelsea, he's still a brilliant player and he definitely hasn't yet been eclipsed.

43 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Everyone just remembers the Kante of 15/16, he ain’t the same player. As I said in that post, speak to any Chelsea fan and ask them who’s been better this last 12 months, Kovacic or Kante and 9/10 will tell you Kovacic. 

...funny enough your remarks about Kante being not the same player as per 15/16 is correct!!!

He is much better than then, he can cover the midfield in any position, he can bring the ball out and carry,pick a pass,score play as a enforcer, he has evolved but the need to move him to the wing to accommodate Kovacic does not play to his strengths. A bit like playing De Bruyne at right back and comparing him to Aguero, he can still contribute but your not going to get his best performances from there..

• Like 1

If this was either Spurs, West Ham or Chelsea... this article would have never been published... because it's "only little Leicester City up north!" they quite happily knock us.

Riyad's an arsehole treated this club with so much lack of respect, he forgets Leicester gave him a name, got him to the premier league, got him a premier league medal, champions league football etc... I mean come on how many times was this lad dropped from the team for a bit performance. Kante at least only here one season! never at least knocks us. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Okay use 18/19 Kante and compare with 19/20 Ndidi. 

19/20 Ndidi is still better. 

Also, would you say Kovacic is a better midfielder than Ndidi as you seem to think Kante is better than Ndidi? 

No i think Kante is better, although he's been moved around to accommodate other players. I think kovacic is very good by the way, but I don't think he's better than kante. Only you have said that, and some theoretical Chelsea fans.

16 hours ago, bmt said:

Mahrez (19/20) and Sane's (18/19) goals per game in the prem - 0.30 vs 0.32. 

Mahrez (19/20) and Sane's (18/19) goals per game in the prem - 0.35 vs 0.43. 

So stats wise they're pretty close, Mahrez is arguably slightly ahead due to assists. I think, given the two things above, Pep would pick Mahrez over Sane. I guess we won't know until the season restarts. But that is ignoring the fact Sane has just been out for a whole season, and the fact he's probably going to be allowed to go to Bayern for around 50 million (which happens to be less then Pep valued Mahrez at). 

Sané is 24 and going into his prime, Mahrez is 29 and left his when he stopped trying on the pitch a few years ago. Sané was in the team before his injury ahead of Mahrez. he annoyed Pep because he said he wanted to leave and go back to his motherland to play. The Fee is a strawman argument.

Both are probably A-holes but anyone who wouldn't choose a Sané transfer over a Mahrez transfer when the season starts is crazy or a homer.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Sané is 24 and going into his prime, Mahrez is 29 and left his when he stopped trying on the pitch a few years ago. Sané was in the team before his injury ahead of Mahrez. he annoyed Pep because he said he wanted to leave and go back to his motherland to play. The Fee is a strawman argument.

Both are probably A-holes but anyone who wouldn't choose a Sané transfer over a Mahrez transfer when the season starts is crazy or a homer.

Neither of them were fully in the team as the minutes per game I suggested above. Even with Pep's rotation you'd expect 60 mins per game to be considered first choice.

I've never said anything about a transfer, you've just put those words into my mouth. I said that I expect Mahrez will be in the Man City team ahead of Sane, and that since November Mahrez has been in good form for City and I would say he's been one of their best players in that time. Everything else argued against me has been based on ignoring what I've actually said to push an agenda based on some weird obsession with Mahrez (and you aren't the main culprit so that isn't aimed at you).

You just consistently ignore what I actually say so you can use this homer insult only you understand. For the record, I do think Sane is incredibly greedy and wasteful, but he's extremely naturally talented so he gets away with it.

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

28 assists in 89 Premier League games hardly suggests greedy or wasteful. He’s also got 25 goals.

I'm aware of the stats, it's more from watching him I think that.

Anyway, it's not a Leroy Sane thread.

Only in football would this argument occur. As has been said by others, most of us have at one time or another changed jobs, usually for a promotion, increased salary or simply because we wanted a change. sometimes, we do not get on with our bosses or colleagues and decide that we would be better off elsewhere. That does not mean though that we will slag off our previous employers publicly even if there has been a falling out. I spent 20 years contracting for one firm, was quite well known within my industry and, as a result turned down several offers over the years, but eventually i was lured away by a huge pay increase and the opportunity to work with  people who i knew and respected in the industry, so i can understand, and would never begrudge anyone the chance to better themselves etc. What i did not do, and never have done though is then go on to bad mouth my previous employers. Every job i have ever had has been as a result of my work (and hence my perceived value) being recognised by others, yet i am still grateful for the previous employers for giving me the opportunity to nurture and then display the talents (if you can call it that) which ultimately allowed me to move onwards and upwards, whilst not burning my bridges (I still remain in contact with many people with whom i have worked over the years).

Mahrez was plucked from obscurity by us, developed and ultimately allowed to showcase his (not inconsiderable) talents which of course was of benefit to both ourselves and his own career. regardless of what may or may not have happened behind the scenes, he has chosen to selectively forget much of this and consequently disrespect the club.

I can see both sides, he is obviously ambitious, wants to earn as much as he can in the short career of a footballer and win things. I have no problem with this. What does rankle is his lack of respect. These players should realise it is not like any other job, you are public personae, the customers (fans), whilst partisan will recognise talent and generally will not begrudge any player moving on if done in the right way. Very few players will play their entire career for one club. OK we might be disappointed when losing one of our best players but will wish them well if done in the right manner, and even give them a warm welcome when returning with their new clubs.

I think with this case, what hurts is not the fact that he was, without doubt, one the best players we have ever seen in a city shirt, in the most significant period in our history, and decided that his fortunes lay elsewhere but in the manner that he he has chosen to recount his time here rather than to celebrate that fact.

Yes definitely a great player, albeit prone to occasional lacklustre displays, but for me will never be a true legend of the club due to his apparent arrogance in thinking that he was better than us. If he had simply said that he wanted a move to try his luck elsewhere, or even that he had differences with his employers, that would have seemed acceptable, but the way he went about it and the subsequent comments were not

• Like 3

23 hours ago, bmt said:

But that is ignoring the fact Sane has just been out for a whole season, and the fact he's probably going to be allowed to go to Bayern for around 50 million (which happens to be less then Pep valued Mahrez at). 

4 hours ago, bmt said:

Neither of them were fully in the team as the minutes per game I suggested above. Even with Pep's rotation you'd expect 60 mins per game to be considered first choice.

I've never said anything about a transfer, you've just put those words into my mouth. I said that I expect Mahrez will be in the Man City team ahead of Sane, and that since November Mahrez has been in good form for City and I would say he's been one of their best players in that time. Everything else argued against me has been based on ignoring what I've actually said to push an agenda based on some weird obsession with Mahrez (and you aren't the main culprit so that isn't aimed at you).

You just consistently ignore what I actually say so you can use this homer insult only you understand. For the record, I do think Sane is incredibly greedy and wasteful, but he's extremely naturally talented so he gets away with it.

You were the one who talked about his transfer as proof that you and PEP think Mahrez is better. Evidenced above.

Sané is less greedy and wasteful than Mahrez but the point is he's young and talented and going to get better. Mahrez is 5 years older which is a career for some especially at that age. He's not going to get better so no-one other than you would sign him over Sané now.

Anyway enough of this Mahrez isn't worth the posts.

I loved his football. But then I realised his personality is maybe not so top-class.

Some muslim chap who went to his mosque told me this too. He said Ryiad liked too show off his wealth which was big no-no in the community.

But why are people so upset about Mahrez? It's an honest question. Why does he boil people blood after so long? Why can't people let it go?

30 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

This thread has shown who really watches football and who plays fifa and jacks themselves off watching re runs of the 15/16 season every night.

What if you do both :ph34r:

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, whetstonefox said:

I’m sure when he’s introduced to the 55,000 crowd in 2041 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the miracle all will be forgiven...assuming fans are allowed back into stadiums by then!

I look forward to drinking in the Riyad Mahrez Lounge....although as he's a devout muslim maybe not

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bmt said:

Really?.....FIF has got a Mahrez voodoo doll at home 

3 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Really?.....FIF has got a Mahrez voodoo doll at home 

:)

I have nothing to do with Mahrez in my home, voodoo or rubber.

1 hour ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

I look forward to drinking in the Riyad Mahrez Lounge....although as he's a devout muslim maybe not

Worth your 1000th rep point that :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FIF said:

You were the one who talked about his transfer as proof that you and PEP think Mahrez is better. Evidenced above.

Sané is less greedy and wasteful than Mahrez but the point is he's young and talented and going to get better. Mahrez is 5 years older which is a career for some especially at that age. He's not going to get better so no-one other than you would sign him over Sané now.

Anyway enough of this Mahrez isn't worth the posts.

That's not evidence I think he's better.

No it's evidence that Man City value him higher if Sane now goes for 50 mil which papers are saying he might. Whether or not you think money is relevant at Man City, that is a fair argument given that 60 million is higher than 50 million (unless you think Mahrez value to City has now gone down which I doubt given he's started fulfilling his value more recently). Also I bracketed that point because I was being flippant. My point was that clearly, if Sane goes and Mahrez stays and plays (as I expect to happen) it shows Pep doesn't think it is as clear cut as you've suggested and it wouldn't take someone out of their mind or a 'homer' to disagree with you.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean people with a different opinion to yourself deserve to be mocked.

For the record, I wouldn't sign either of them. I just said Mahrez wouldn't have trouble finding another club, which he wouldn't. 

Mahrez is a class A tool and that has been obvious since the 2016-17 season, when he only bothered to try in the Champions League and in the run-up to transfer windows opening - in both cases, to put himself in the shop window rather than because of any change of heart. I know my head should rule my heart, but despite how instrumental he was, I find it hard to give him the "legend" tag alongside other members of the title winning squad for the acrimonious nature of his departure and the classless way he's referred to his time with us since leaving. :sleep:

The news in question is nothing new, but once again delivered in a way which makes it clear that he thinks he's better than us. And personally, I think our squad is far better balanced with him gone from our right wing - it gives Ricky P far more freedom to track forward knowing the winger in front of him isn't a sulky knob who refuses to track back.

Yes, I miss his obvious skill and link-up with Vardy, but overall our squad does not miss Riyad Mahrez. The fact that A) Vards is the league's top scorer as it stands and B) we're scoring goals for fun in a team without that link up is all the proof you need.~

The real sticker for me is that him being at the club was more than likely the reason Slimani ended up here, who we're still trying to get off the books. :nigel:

On 13/05/2020 at 04:51, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Sarcelles in France actually. Rugby is huge in France so I imagine that how he's herd of leicester 

Before Mahrez the only thing I knew Algeria for was being where France tested their nuclear bombs in the 1950s. I've always felt there was a correlation between that and his online... um... "fan club". Aside from not missing Mahrez himself, the Man City message boards are MORE than welcome to his online entourage. Soyuncu's Turkish gang are way more chill.

What a shame we will win the hair without mehrez becos lesetre is rugby club lol (pic related)

YOU WILL WIN THE HAIR.png

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

He's a legend. I loved him.playing for us and he'll (probably rightly) see that we did well out of him and because of him. Not vice versa. 

Maybe it's bit like.losing a bird who was always fit but blossomed..Ok the bird has.moved on and a bit dismissive now, but jeez, I have those memories of what a dirty cow she was in bed in those early days. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Thing is though if Mahrez hated it so much why didn't he leave when he had opportunity in 2016 after we won the league to join Arsenal?

...I would suggest Arsenal failed to meet the asking price!!!!

Wenger was in charge of the acquisition and negotiations and he was notably reluctant to deal with clubs if they failed to meet his valuation.