Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Riyad never wanted to join LCFC

47 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Thing is though if Mahrez hated it so much why didn't he leave when he had opportunity in 2016 after we won the league to join Arsenal?

It never arose. Arsenal never had a bid accepted (and not much evidence of any being made).

On 15/05/2020 at 05:24, Royston. said:

Everyone can be an arsehole, especially where money and entitlement are concerned.

Mahrez is a leicester legend though:worship::wub:

No way 

cambiasso. 1season,. No disrespect media talk.

He's magic you know!

That's a Leicester legend 

As well as Walsh y Lennon muzzy and all before MON. 🤗

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Thing is though if Mahrez hated it so much why didn't he leave when he had opportunity in 2016 after we won the league to join Arsenal?

He was under contract and Vichai wouldn't let him go for any amount of money. I think he signed an even better contract during that summer. 

He seems, now, appears quite spiteful towards LCFC - despite being a club that realised his potential, progressed him as a player and ultimately won a renowned trophy.

Sounds like someone who needs a reality check and to try to appreciate who made him the player he can be in the first place.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
37 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

He seems, now, appears quite spiteful towards LCFC - despite being a club that realised his potential, progressed him as a player and ultimately won a renowned trophy.

Sounds like someone who needs a reality check and to try to appreciate who made him the player he can be in the first place.

Absolutely this, great player but why some on here lick his arse is beyond me, he really isn't a nice person end of. 

I don’t think he would be have achieved anything notable in his career if he hadn’t joined us. He should be grateful we got him his move, without lcfc he wouldn’t have got a move to a so called big club. 

• Like 1

On 16/05/2020 at 07:59, Japanfox said:

No way 

cambiasso. 1season,. No disrespect media talk.

He's magic you know!

That's a Leicester legend 

As well as Walsh y Lennon muzzy and all before MON. 🤗

Hmm, i loved the man and was a privilege to see such a talent play for leicester but it was for 1 season.

Whether you like it or not mahrez will always be a leicester legend same as anyone else who played a part in THAT season.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Like i said before, once his head was turned by that bid, he lost interest when we were under the kosh and only bothered to put a shift in when it might have raised his stock. So, close to transfer windows and in the Champions League, basically. His laziness and lack of tracking back started to cost us, especially when Simpson fell out of favour and both Amartey and Albrighton were experimented with at right back. We simply started to get over-run without our cutting edge and front-foot play.

I'm still livid at the way he downed tools after the January 2018 window. We were in a decent run of form at the time and I maintain that his sudden absence damaged the momentum we were building at the time.

It also marked a watershed when the 'intensiteeee' seemed to drain completely from our game under Puel, after a promising (if not 100% succesful) first few months. I know it's a case of 'coulda woulda shoulda', but we could have finished in a Europa position without the seven points and momentum we dropped in his absence.

Still, it will be ironic if next season we get to play in the UCL and a banned Man City do not.

Will it? He's left us and won another league title, FA Cup, league cup and played in the Champions League already.

Don't think he's looking back thinking he'd wish he'd stayed for a season in the Champions League with us.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Will it? He's left us and won another league title, FA Cup, league cup and played in the Champions League already.

Don't think he's looking back thinking he'd wish he'd stayed for a season in the Champions League with us.

But in those he was just a bit part. Our title will always be the highlight of his career.

20 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Like i said before, once his head was turned by that bid, he lost interest when we were under the kosh and only bothered to put a shift in when it might have raised his stock. So, close to transfer windows and in the Champions League, basically. His laziness and lack of tracking back started to cost us, especially when Simpson fell out of favour and both Amartey and Albrighton were experimented with at right back. We simply started to get over-run without our cutting edge and front-foot play.

I'm still livid at the way he downed tools after the January 2018 window. We were in a decent run of form at the time and I maintain that his sudden absence damaged the momentum we were building at the time.

It also marked a watershed when the 'intensiteeee' seemed to drain completely from our game under Puel, after a promising (if not 100% succesful) first few months. I know it's a case of 'coulda woulda shoulda', but we could have finished in a Europa position without the seven points and momentum we dropped in his absence.

Still, it will be ironic if next season we get to play in the UCL and a banned Man City do not.

If you’re still livid about something as minuscule as that then I dread to think how you were after our recent (Cardiff or Watford) playoff games. 

Edited by TJB-fox

On 13/05/2020 at 08:49, Mark_w said:

I think the issue is that throughout his time here and since he’s been completely classless about it. Kante used us as a stepping stone to advance his career but we all love him because he’s been consistently nice and handled himself professionally. Mahrez signs new contracts, then sulks, makes out he’s being held hostage and when he gets his move is still insufferable.

You can't speak for everyone, I for one will never forgive Kante for walking out on us after one season. Many proclaimed Ranieri's sacking as the death of football, but Kante stuck the first knife in. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

First of all 

I have heard whatahrez said on live Instagram with an algerian journalist in Beinsport FR

The first was true ,about rugby team and how he didn't want to go ,but after when they insisted he said yes 

He said that at first he was amazed about the stats that they gathered about him ,too much stats that he felt like they knew him better than himslef  they had everything about him frim dribbles ,injuries,keypasses ,playtime,everthing ,and the infrastructure was huge for him ,he knew he is in something huge 

He said too tgat the first year they were in  regelation battle and his neighbours and friends told him if they could survive .?!nad that he will not last long in Pl (tou are going down),and he told the story how they did manage to stay ,also he talked about Vardy and he said he is underrated as player ,he said he is so lethal and a true baller that doesn't get recognize fir his efforts and for how he plays ,one of the best forwards 

He said that kante was leicester best player that year 

And he said in mid December they talked and all agreed that finishing in top 6 would be great 

And than the results comes and they agreed top 4 and Europe would be great ,and than that game against city away ,that was a boost of confidence ,and the rest is history

• Thanks 1

Mahrez let himself down badly with his attitude and antics after the title win. I wouldn't be bothered much that he wanted to go to another club. Its a harsh reality supporting a club like ours. Most of our current squad would do the same.

In Riyad's case though it was a one in a million chance to join a club like ours.He owes his career and wealth to Leicester so to paint us as the bad guys was very unfair.

Kante leaving never bothered me in the same way. We were so fortunate to have him here in the first place and he was likely to reach the top with or without us.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

If you’re still livid about something as minuscule as that then I dread to think how you were after our recent (Cardiff or Watford) playoff games. 

I mean I still think Kermorgant is a seanut, but I've developed a soft spot for Watford which has only gotten worse since Pearson took over. That answer your question? :thumbup:

I'm entitled to dislike individuals associated with the club if their actions damage our team's prospects. For me, Mahrez' sulking is in the same category as Kermit's pound-shop Panenka.

On 13/05/2020 at 08:49, Mark_w said:

I think the issue is that throughout his time here and since he’s been completely classless about it. Kante used us as a stepping stone to advance his career but we all love him because he’s been consistently nice and handled himself professionally. Mahrez signs new contracts, then sulks, makes out he’s being held hostage and when he gets his move is still insufferable.

No public stories about Kante, but he was here for "ONE" season.

How many was there about Mahrez in his first season?

Mahrez was here a lot longer, and didnt jump ship the first summer, he even signed a new contract after the title season.

I like Kante, but he only gave us one season, he seemed to want out more than Mahrez.  He also needed a clause to get him to sign as well.

I think 90% of Mahrez stories were made up.  The establishment wanted him at a big club.

Edited by Chrysalis

17 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

I mean I still think Kermorgant is a seanut, but I've developed a soft spot for Watford which has only gotten worse since Pearson took over. That answer your question? :thumbup:

I'm entitled to dislike individuals associated with the club if their actions damage our team's prospects. For me, Mahrez' sulking is in the same category as Kermit's pound-shop Panenka.

Fair enough. I just find it weird that any Leicester fans would lose any sleep over it. 

It was brilliant having him here, we helped him, he helped us and that relationship led to a few beautiful seasons. He’s said some silly things since he’s left. So what?

Why would you get all hot and bothered by it. Save your anger for something worth getting angry over! We’re Leicester fans, it won’t be long before something goes wrong and we have something genuine to moan about. 

5 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

You can't speak for everyone, I for one will never forgive Kante for walking out on us after one season. Many proclaimed Ranieri's sacking as the death of football, but Kante stuck the first knife in. 

Kante laid his cards on the table by insisting on a release clause at £20m. We were very lucky to get £32m. He never wanted anymore than a platform from Leicester City. He was confident in his ability before he joined, clearly. He happened to be the engine of our title winning team.

Did he mess us about? No. 

Did he leave on LCFCs and his terms? Yes.

Was he right (for his own agenda) to put the clause in? Yes. 

Did he give us the best season we’d ever imagined? Yes.

No hard feelings from me, I can’t understand anyone who has any ill-feeling towards him. I guess everyone’s entitled to their own opinion. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Royston. said:

Hmm, i loved the man and was a privilege to see such a talent play for leicester but it was for 1 season.

Whether you like it or not mahrez will always be a leicester legend same as anyone else who played a part in THAT season.

Agreed anyone in THAT season, but it doesn't half put the shine off liking him after the disrespect.

If he'd gone and not been a dxxk. Then he would have had my best wishes.  It's the after sxxt that shoots him down from legendary status in my book :sleep: