Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Riyad never wanted to join LCFC

From what I remember he was pretty much a nothing player with potential and the management team had to work with him.

He became a regular, made himself a household name and we won the title and then it started to go downhill from there with his obsessive airplane spotting pastime >_<

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Thought this was fairly common knowledge to be honest, I've definitely read the rugby quote before.

Some people are very precious.

...I am sure the rugby quote initially came from Kante, whose story is what this article appears to be copying!!!

Plagiarism at its best....as usual with Mahrez,, totally fake!!!!!

• Like 1

I've been one of his biggest detractors in the past but really don't see an issue with this.

If I was asked to take a job in Le Harve tomorrow,  apart from knowing that it's in France, has a football team and Riyhad came from there, I know bugger all about the place and that's with no disrespect to it's football fans or people in general, it just happens to be true.

As I can't speak anything but a very poor pigeon French, dependent on money and package, I'd be very reticent to take a job there particularly if I was to move on my own. I would suggest his thoughts were entirely normal. 

Whatever happened later on is a completely separate issue. 

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach

Good old Riyadh three years from now he would crawl back here if we offered him a job , which we won't!

He was great for us and  at the time we were good for him, we gave him a platform for him to perform and show the world what he could do. He may have originally not wanted to join us but both parties should be grateful that it happened with what we both achieved together.

17 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

More like 3 months from now when we’re in the Champions League and Man City are banned for two years.

Can’t wait for De Bruyne and co. to move on then he’ll be sat in an airport wondering why no one decent wants him whilst all his teammates get cherry picked by the likes of Juve, Barca and Real. 

He's arguably been City's best player since he's become first choice, I don't think he'd have trouble getting another club. His performance against Leicester when we played City away was perhaps the best I've ever seen an opposition player play against us live.

He's obviously a bit of a baby but this article (if it even is real) isn't disrespectful at all, people need to learn to chill a little.

• Like 1

Tbh even if this was true and not lost in translation, whilst he was here he was phenomenal and quite honestly he is probably the best player I've seen in a Leicester shirt. He was a major reason behind why we won the title and responsible for some of the best goals I've ever seen live. 

The way he left and the soap operas before it may have left some people bitter, but I personally remember all the good moments which outweigh any of the bad he gave us. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

There’s no argument to be had. If you think Mahrez is better than De Bruyne then you need to get ur head out his ass mate. I was saying the elite clubs wouldn’t be after him. 

To be honest I weren’t saying this article is disrespectful itself - I was alluding to the way he handled the ending to his time here. 

I didn't say he's better than De Bruyne - I think De Bruyne is probably the best player in the world. I think form-wise Mahrez has been better than him for part of this season, which is what I said.

Yeah fair enough, and that's true. But I think that's blinding people to what is essentially a nothing article.

9 minutes ago, bmt said:

He's arguably been City's best player since he's become first choice, I don't think he'd have trouble getting another club. His performance against Leicester when we played City away was perhaps the best I've ever seen an opposition player play against us live.

He's obviously a bit of a baby but this article (if it even is real) isn't disrespectful at all, people need to learn to chill a little.

:nigel:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

'When we started talking wages I immediately felt they wanted me...'

Tells you all you need to know about what motivates Riyad Mahrez and why he went AWOL with the offer from Man City etc on the table. 

A shame.

Does money not motivate you? Do you get up to work in the morning because you just want to make a positive difference to your employer and ask them not to pay you?

Do you not think us laying down £££ on the table, money that Mahrez had probably never experienced before was always going to be a motivating factor?

It's a terrible shame that since the game was professionalised in the late 1800's every footballer has been motivated by money, isn't it? We're not talking Billy McKinlay and Nicky Summerbee here.

Just now, Spudulike said:

:nigel:

I call us Leicester, and in that sentence it was clear who I was referring to. I don't get why people get stringed up about calling Man City 'City' in circumstances where it makes sense to.

• Sad 1

Just now, bmt said:

I call us Leicester, and in that sentence it was clear who I was referring to. I don't get why people get stringed up about calling Man City 'City' in circumstances where it makes sense to.

It doesn't make sense and is lazy. It's just as easy to type ManC. 

• Like 1

It doesn't make sense and is lazy. It's just as easy to type ManC. 

Nobody has or will ever use ManC, Man City is fair enough but again in the sentence I wrote it is obvious who I'm talking about. Perhaps I have picked up some implicit bias from how the media talk about different clubs, although I really don't care as it just isn't a big issue (to me).

Anyway, it's not the topic of the thread.

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

On one hand I agree with you completely but then two things stick out to me 1) the rugby team comment is a clear dig 2) he's got absolutely nothing positive to say about a club that gave him so much.

He did imply that he was impressed when he eventually researched the club. Rugby's pretty big in France so it's no surprise that the most successful English club was well known there at the time and that he was more aware of them than City considering we'd spent years in the wilderness battling financial problems and footballing mediocrity.

His time here was soured by the manner in which he left and tried to leave beforehand, not by what he did before. These negative articles designed to stir up trouble don't help either.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bmt said:

Nobody has or will ever use ManC, Man City is fair enough but again in the sentence I wrote it is obvious who I'm talking about. Perhaps I have picked up some implicit bias from how the media talk about different clubs, although I really don't care as it just isn't a big issue (to me).

Anyway, it's not the topic of the thread.

'Man City' would be spot on but if you wanted to shorten it then ManC is just as many characters. 

Not only sorry that you have picked up that media bias, you're not the only one, but more sorry that you don't care :(

'Man City' would be spot on but if you wanted to shorten it then ManC is just as many characters. 

Not only sorry that you have picked up that media bias, you're not the only one, but more sorry that you don't care :(

I get why you said it, but 8 characters isn't really a stretch on a keyboard.

The thing is, I do care about the bias. It's just the city thing, it's never bothered me!