Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Riyad never wanted to join LCFC

10 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Click bait headline trash. X 

I've just forced myself to read the 'article' it's about 20 lines of something we already knew, seems it was more English football he was hesitant about.

Some people just want something to get outraged about, particularly when it comes to Mahrez

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

I've just forced myself to read the 'article' it's about 20 lines of something we already knew, seems it was more English football he was hesitant about.

Some people just want something to get outraged about, particularly when it comes to Mahrez

That's unfair to Simpson and Gray....

On 20/05/2020 at 13:25, dynamark said:

See Kante made the top group of sportperson in the Sunday Times rich list.Cant remember the number but it was lot of dosh.

Obviously still not spending much money .Hes gradually catching me up!!

He used to drive around in a Mini at Leicester didn’t he?

On 20/05/2020 at 10:12, pmcla26 said:

Kante didn’t appreciate what we done that season and what it meant. To jump ship at first opportunity, when you’ve just been a part of the greatest sports team ever in terms of the story, still makes no sense to me. 

See the post underneath yours .........

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Think he still does.

A rarity of a footballer, who isn't out to splash his cash and impress everyone with what he buys.

He does seem to have a 'normal life, normal individual' aura about him.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

11 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Think he still does.

A rarity of a footballer, who isn't out to splash his cash and impress everyone with what he buys.

He does seem to have a 'normal life, normal individual' aura about him.

Just bought a new car to replace it.

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/ngolo-kante-buys-new-mercedes-after-driving-mini-cooper-for-5-years/sjmwweq

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Sell out!

He'll be exposed in The Sun next week inhaling laughing gas with Grealish and Sterling while snorting coke off the ample bosom of a glamour model - probably in the back seat of his new Mercedes.

Whatever happened to "humble", N'Golo? Remember Islam (no, the religion not that sulky Algerian lump!) :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Guest Markyblue
54 minutes ago, Webbo said:

and the medals he's won.

He has but as much as i like kante cant believe he didn't give it one more year and give the champions league a go.

22 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

As if people are still going on about Kante leaving 😂😂 Just let it go, a team came in and paid more then his release clause then he left, move on! Some people really are so wet behind the ears if they think loyalty in football is a thing. Telling me if Jamie Vardy was 10 years younger he’d still be at Leicester and not one of the top clubs, or if Andy King was actually any good he’d of stuck around for 10 years, not the fact they both earn contracts theyd never get at another club. 😂 They all do what is best for them.

Exactly

I’ve said before I can’t understand this romantic notion that modern day footballers have this mystical allegiance to the teams they are playing for?

They have a short career, they aim to earn as much money as they can, wherever they can.

It would have been great for the likes of Drinkwater, Kante, Mahrez to win the league. It’s celebration, it’s medals, but above all it’s a way of increasing their stock value.

If we hadn’t won the league, no-one would have ever paid 35 mill for Drinkwater for example. 
And don’t forget, we benefitted massively from that sale.

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Exactly

I’ve said before I can’t understand this romantic notion that modern day footballers have this mystical allegiance to the teams they are playing for?

They have a short career, they aim to earn as much money as they can, wherever they can.

A bit like the rest of us really. A much better offer from an alternative employer and most people would be off.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Exactly

It would have been great for the likes of Drinkwater, Kante, Mahrez to win the league. It’s celebration, it’s medals, but above all it’s a way of increasing their stock value.

If we hadn’t won the league, no-one would have ever paid 35 mill for Drinkwater for example. 
And don’t forget, we benefitted massively from that sale.

For me a compromise is reasonable, I dont expect world class players to stay with us for their entire career, but I think leaving after one or two seasons is piss taking.

3-4 years is probably fairest to both parties.

I resisted adding my comments to this thread as I’ve become bored with everyone poring over every single comment that Riyad makes, but as it refuses to go away I’ll add my thoughts.

RM is Algerian and his influences would presumably be francophone. I would be surprised if, before 2016, anyone from that background would have any desire to play for Leicester City – or even much knowledge of the club. I also don’t think that it’s the mentality of many footballers to stay at one club for multiple seasons when other clubs, with more money and chances of winning trophies, are chasing them. His frustration at not getting his move is not entirely surprising even if it could have been handled much more quietly and diplomatically.

What I also know for sure is that RM was one of the most talented players I’ve ever seen at Leicester. He more than played his role in the clubs greatest achievement in its history and he stayed on afterwards irrespective of the circumstances. Contrast that with Cambiasso and Kante who had no interest in staying for more than one season despite, in the case of the latter, the club qualifying for the Champions League and on a journey that was by no means complete at that stage. These two are spared criticism because one is a ‘nice bloke’ and the other doesn’t say much publicly.

Personally I have much more irritation with the actions of Kante than any of the others, but all made a fantastic contribution in laying the foundations for my best ever feeling as a football fan. In my personal opinion booing any one of them when they return to our stadium is utterly moronic, but each to his own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I resisted adding my comments to this thread as I’ve become bored with everyone poring over every single comment that Riyad makes, but as it refuses to go away I’ll add my thoughts.

RM is Algerian and his influences would presumably be francophone. I would be surprised if, before 2016, anyone from that background would have any desire to play for Leicester City – or even much knowledge of the club. I also don’t think that it’s the mentality of many footballers to stay at one club for multiple seasons when other clubs, with more money and chances of winning trophies, are chasing them. His frustration at not getting his move is not entirely surprising even if it could have been handled much more quietly and diplomatically.

What I also know for sure is that RM was one of the most talented players I’ve ever seen at Leicester. He more than played his role in the clubs greatest achievement in its history and he stayed on afterwards irrespective of the circumstances. Contrast that with Cambiasso and Kante who had no interest in staying for more than one season despite, in the case of the latter, the club qualifying for the Champions League and on a journey that was by no means complete at that stage. These two are spared criticism because one is a ‘nice bloke’ and the other doesn’t say much publicly.

Personally I have much more irritation with the actions of Kante than any of the others, but all made a fantastic contribution in laying the foundations for my best ever feeling as a football fan. In my personal opinion booing any one of them when they return to our stadium is utterly moronic, but each to his own.

..Just goes to show who was the.most mature!!!

Kante chose to go backwards to go forwards and Mahrez has still not grown up!!!!

On 24/05/2020 at 11:40, South Shire Fox said:

As if people are still going on about Kante leaving 😂😂 Just let it go, a team came in and paid more then his release clause then he left, move on! Some people really are so wet behind the ears if they think loyalty in football is a thing. Telling me if Jamie Vardy was 10 years younger he’d still be at Leicester and not one of the top clubs, or if Andy King was actually any good he’d of stuck around for 10 years, not the fact they both earn contracts theyd never get at another club. 😂 They all do what is best for them.

It was let go, but someone decided to dig at riyad who was here several times longer than kante was.

Its double standards to pick on one and not the other.

Edited by Chrysalis

On 24/05/2020 at 06:40, South Shire Fox said:

yeah but we loved him more than their fans do!

The title of this thread is shit.

Of course he wanted to join us.

He did. He signed the contract. He got promoted. He got international recognition. A Premier League title and Champions League football.

He'll always be a legend for me despite how he left.

• Like 3