Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Riyad never wanted to join LCFC

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He wanted to go to Marseille I think ...... would you blame him?  Sign for a team that almost got relegated in a different country or for Marseille ?   so why did he come here ???  MONEY !

No I wouldn't. But by the same logic you can't blame him or Mahrez wanting to leave us for bigger and better clubs when they both left. 

6 hours ago, shailen said:

Fair enough. I do actually have a little sympathy for Mahrez as it was clear he was desparate to leave long before he actually did, so I think something definitely did happen behind the scenes to break his trust. Having said that he was still our player and the club had every right, but on the pitch I saw nothing to suggest he wasn't playing for the shirt. 

...I am hearing a lot of this,"he gave 100%".....!!!!

He was going through the motions at the end and although our performances had tailed off he wasn't pulling up any trees in games.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

well we'll never know cos he fu cked off for a team who finished 9 places below us, weren't in europe, at the first possible opportunity, just to get more money. the absolute hero. 

- Work with an internationally renowned coach

- among a squad of highly decorated internationals

- where he can make a huge difference

- and earn a regular place in the France squad ahead of the World Cup

Just don’t think his motivation is as straightforward as you think. Guy was ambitious, as was appropriate for someone who was and is the best in the world in his position. Resenting him for that is like resenting Heskey for going to Liverpool just after the Sunderland game with Collymore. Not that I wasn’t *gutted* he left, but he left for Chelsea who had to pay more _because_ they weren’t in the Champions League. 

Don’t hate Mahrez either, but he’s said some stupid things and phoned in a lot of performances towards the end here, which makes it easier to call him a cvnt and get over it.

3 hours ago, shailen said:

Hang on, didn't it take a lot of convincing for Kante to come here in the first place, so whether it was his agent or not, it's the same thing in my eyes. The idea that the player was forced or encouraged is nonsense in my eyes. You can't deflect the blame onto Kante's people for his exit. There is never any smoke without fire. 

Tabloids did come out later, similar to this thread saying Kante didn't want to even sign for us. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3014407/ngolo-kante-leicester-marseille-chelsea/

...this really has become personal for you and it appears nothing will dissuade you, from your disregard for Kante!!!!

This is old news, we are all fully aware that he wanted to stay in France but the deal he wanted to happen fell through and we were the only option left on the table. If you need to prove a point, by bringing this up to support, what now seems like an obsession, it does you no favours and only serves to undermine your argument, which is now verging on a vendetta.

I can see no amount of reasoning or discourse will change your mind and that is something you will probably not get over.....but, thats down to you!!!

12 hours ago, Ashley said:

Actually makes me laugh some of the stuff you read on here. 

Riyad hasn't been far wrong with what he has said previously, some of what he said was very constructive too. 

Yet Ulloa whos regarded as a god on here and fan sites publicily thrown his toys out the pram and said he would never play for us again... but Riyad is the bad one... 

C’mon, that there was more to the Ulloa situation than initially seemed has been covered to death on this forum. 

Also, he was a player who, by many accounts, was always a complete gentleman to all of the staff. He and the club resolved their differences and he made sure to leave on very good terms. 

• Like 2

Can we just clarify that this story is not new 

it’s a bit like creating a thread in general chat that boris was originally a remainer ....... it’s history, not news and it’s good that the thread has become more about him, Kante (add drinks in there too) and their desire to leave for more money and a better chance of winning things 

22 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Does money not motivate you? Do you get up to work in the morning because you just want to make a positive difference to your employer and ask them not to pay you?

Do you not think us laying down £££ on the table, money that Mahrez had probably never experienced before was always going to be a motivating factor?

It's a terrible shame that since the game was professionalised in the late 1800's every footballer has been motivated by money, isn't it? We're not talking Billy McKinlay and Nicky Summerbee here.

Thanks for the Herzberg lesson, professor.

Of course money motivates, but many other factors can come into play as a means of motivation too.

The thing that irritates me is when players like Mahrez dress it all up as 'good for my career' or 'I want European football' or 'I want to compete for trophies' what they mean is 'I want a bigger bank balance. And then he sulks like a child, goes AWOL and effectively downs tools for a season?

Great player, bad attitude.

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Mahrez could say all Leicester fans are boring and they stink, but I'd still love him and I'd agree.

tbf most the stuff he says about our club are what outsiders think and are pretty much true. i think that's why people hate him so much. truth hurts, innit. 

15 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

tbf most the stuff he says about our club are what outsiders think and are pretty much true. i think that's why people hate him so much. truth hurts, innit. 

...not sure exactly what detrimental things he has been saying about the club,except that we took away two years of his career!!!!

My gripe with him is the way it ended with his belief that we were keeping him prisoner. He may(most likely) have agreed to be allowed to leave but I suspect that was on the understanding that a certain price was met, even if it was below his actual market price.There was not a lot of teams beating the door down to sign him and he fails to mention that, as Arsenal and Roma were at the time the only teams linked making ridiculous offers.

The club could not accept that, no bidding war ensued and for a player who had graced the Premiership in the manner that he did, it was quite telling how many clubs did not fancy or trust him to lay out any significant amounts of cash for his services.

Guest Markyblue
57 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

Not sure it's hate just not love, he was a class player but far from classy person, all the stuff said about his class skill blah blah don't change his piss poor attitude,  so again great player but blaming people for not loving him is frankly weird. 

I think the thing that bothers folk is that he was a hero here and all he had to do was keep his mouth shut and be civil; everyone would've continued loving him.

For him to publicly demean us every so often ( and there's been a lot of times now ) it takes some effort - he's had to contribute. Why not say nothing and be our hero? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I think the thing that bothers folk is that he was a hero here and all he had to do was keep his mouth shut and be civil; everyone would've continued loving him.

For him to publicly demean us every so often ( and there's been a lot of times now ) it takes some effort - he's had to contribute. Why not say nothing and be our hero? 

Because we pissed him off by not letting him leave when he wanted to?

Just now, Fox92 said:

Tbf he shouldn't have signed a new contract then.

I'm not making excuses for him, I'm just saying why he might be saying what he is

• Like 1

Just now, pmcla26 said:

But it doesn’t matter how good you think you are, you know full well how long you’re committing for when you sign a contract. You have to be prepared to stay for as long as the contract binds you to a club, and if someone comes in with a suitable offer in the mean time, then cool. 

Maguire knew that so didn’t kick up a fuss and got his move, isn’t our fault no one wanted Mahrez apart from Roma (who could never afford him) and then eventually Man City. 

So Mahrez is a dick.

And he's a dick who helped us win the league.

I couldn't care if he hated us before during or after tbh..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

But it doesn’t matter how good you think you are, you know full well how long you’re committing for when you sign a contract. You have to be prepared to stay for as long as the contract binds you to a club, and if someone comes in with a suitable offer in the mean time, then cool. 

Maguire knew that so didn’t kick up a fuss and got his move, isn’t our fault no one wanted Mahrez apart from Roma (who could never afford him) and then eventually Man City. 

Nobody really knows what was said behind closed doors (re an acceptable fee). If I was asked to stay for another year, with a pay rise but could leave when an acceptable fee came in, I’d be pretty miffed too if I was denied it. Again, maybe the fees weren’t ‘acceptable’. 

This isn’t defending him and I’m not sure why he holds enough of a grudge to keep slating us. 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

He’s been injured :D 

He’s streets ahead of Mahrez too. 

He had lost favour before that, in the Germany squad too (rightly or wrongly). But the fact you're including an injured player as more important than Mahrez since Mahrez has got into form just shows you are missing the point of what I said. Mahrez will be ahead of Sane when he's back anyway.

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

No the fact I’m including an injured player as more important than Mahrez has got into form shows that Mahrez is just covering for an injured player. 

Well I don't agree with you, and I expect Mahrez will be first choice and Sane will leave when football is back properly. But until then, it's a non-issue. Mahrez was very good this year, and was extremely good against us.

Will probably go down as one of the most, if not the most, gifted player we have ever had (at least in recent history). He's also a petulant child. We need to stop our obsession with him, he's not our player anymore.

• Thanks 1

Also, I think Ndidi is absolutely sensational and will be one of the best in the world. But whoever said he has eclipsed Kante, who has won a world cup and 2 premier leagues with different teams (and been one of the best players in both), needs to get a grip.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bmt said:

Well I don't agree with you, and I expect Mahrez will be first choice and Sane will leave when football is back properly. But until then, it's a non-issue. Mahrez was very good this year, and was extremely good against us.

Will probably go down as one of the most, if not the most, gifted player we have ever had (at least in recent history). He's also a petulant child. We need to stop our obsession with him, he's not our player anymore.

We understand that you don't agree but you are a Mahrez homer. Nobody in their right mind would choose Mahrez given the choice of Mahrez or Sané tomorrow or for the rest of their careers.