Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Qwerty

Anyone know what’s happening with season tickets for next season?

Do we just sit tight and wait to hear?

I was hoping relocate my season tickets for next season, so I don’t want to miss any deadlines.  

Should I just assume that until we know what’s happening with the rest of this season, that no decisions will be made regarding next season?  I know they suspended the auto-renewal , but I don’t have that anyway.

Anyone in the know?

1 minute ago, Qwerty said:

I was hoping relocate my season tickets for next season, so I don’t want to miss any deadlines.  

Should I just assume that until we know what’s happening with the rest of this season, that no decisions will be made regarding next season?  I know they suspended the auto-renewal , but I don’t have that anyway.

Anyone in the know?

They continued to take the payments for last season then nothing mentioned, not a peep from the club yet.

5 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Yes

5 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Should I just assume that until we know what’s happening with the rest of this season, that no decisions will be made regarding next season?

Yes

There will be no fans in the stadium next season, if it happen at all. No way will it be 'safer' during winter months. Cant see it until a vaccine.

Normally they dont do anything until the previous season finished anyway.

I presume they have to sort it soon as first payment is normally July I think.

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

What's happening with our tickets for this season? I'm sure the club emailed, but I can't remember. Are we getting pro rata refunds? Also, I bought a Chelsea cup ticket the day before football announced it was finishing.

They just took the payments then nothing mentioned and you have those that bought cup tickets too of course.

3 hours ago, FIF said:

maybe telephone the club and ask.

I’d be surprised if a) anyone answered, and b) they knew the answer.  I might try in a couple of weeks if I can face the futility of the exercise!

5 hours ago, ithuriel said:

They continued to take the payments for last season then nothing mentioned, not a peep from the club yet.

Not exactly. They issued a statement saying they would take the final payment as normal and then "wait and see" depending on season resumption etc. They also mentioned if anyone was struggling to make the payment to contact them.

I guess there is "no news" to report yet. I suppose it all depends on whether the 2020-21 season resumes with fans (unlikely). Then they will make adjustments I would think. 

Pointless speculating about it now. No more payments are due now anyway. If a refund becomes due then I'm sure they'll do the right thing

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ithuriel said:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1650419/important-season-ticket-information-march-2020/press-release

In the event that any of our postponed home 2019/20 fixtures go ahead as normal, all tickets will remain valid for the rearranged date.

However, if it is determined that any of City’s four remaining home Premier League matches in the 2019/20 season cannot be played at all, or will be played behind closed doors, then Season Ticket Holders will have the choice between:

- offsetting the pro-rata value of the affected matches against the cost of their 2020/21 Season Ticket; or
- a cash refund of equivalent value.

In these circumstances, refunds would also be offered to supporters who had purchased individual tickets for the affected fixtures (and this would also be the case for ticket holders for our postponed Emirates FA Cup Quarter-Final match against Chelsea, if that tie was ultimately cancelled or played behind closed doors). This would also apply to Leicester City supporters that have purchased tickets for away matches.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

Not exactly. They issued a statement saying they would take the final payment as normal and then "wait and see" depending on season resumption etc. They also mentioned if anyone was struggling to make the payment to contact them.

I guess there is "no news" to report yet. I suppose it all depends on whether the 2020-21 season resumes with fans (unlikely). Then they will make adjustments I would think. 

Pointless speculating about it now. No more payments are due now anyway. If a refund becomes due then I'm sure they'll do the right thing

They emailed this out to fans in March, saying what you posted. As you say until we get an update it is a sit and wait situation. Sorry link did not work but the post above shows the full email.

Edited by smitha

Obviously a waste of time and effort phoning the club so ignore that nonsense advice.

As soon as they have something to say on the matter they will release a statement. They don’t know any better than we do in terms of when football will be back or when supporters will be allowed back into stadiums so selling or planning to sell any tickets is pointless.

• Like 4

The Tiger's have continued to take payment for next season,  I wasn't furloughed so it hasn't really been an issue. I am beginning to wonder when or even if next season is going to take place though.                                                                                                                                                                                                    

We won’t be going to the King power in the near future. I would say 2021 at the earliest. The club are waiting on an official announcement from the premier league as regards to refunds. When the go ahead is given for us to go to games again, I imagine the ST scheme will resume and you’ll pay pro-rota on however many games are left. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

We won’t be going to the King power in the near future. I would say 2021 at the earliest. The club are waiting on an official announcement from the premier league as regards to refunds. When the go ahead is given for us to go to games again, I imagine the ST scheme will resume and you’ll pay pro-rota on however many games are left. 

yeah it seems there's two issues and the club are hanging on confirmation of both before refunding.

There is the issue of remaining games this season (4?) which have already been paid for but it seems extremely unlikley that we will be attending them, even if they are played - in which case a pro rata refund would be due (in my case this would be around £80 I think).

If we (they) could be sure that the new season will kick off in August as normal, with fans, then I presume they'd just use that £80 against next seasons ticket, but as even that looks less and less likely I would presume they would a) issued the refund for this season and b) start taking the monthly payments only when fans can go back? I should think there will be reasonable notice about this - so lets say they announce in December that fans can go back in January for example then they'll start taking the direct debits then? 

It's a mess for sure

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

yeah it seems there's two issues and the club are hanging on confirmation of both before refunding.

There is the issue of remaining games this season (4?) which have already been paid for but it seems extremely unlikley that we will be attending them, even if they are played - in which case a pro rata refund would be due (in my case this would be around £80 I think).

If we (they) could be sure that the new season will kick off in August as normal, with fans, then I presume they'd just use that £80 against next seasons ticket, but as even that looks less and less likely I would presume they would a) issued the refund for this season and b) start taking the monthly payments only when fans can go back? I should think there will be reasonable notice about this - so lets say they announce in December that fans can go back in January for example then they'll start taking the direct debits then? 

It's a mess for sure

They sent an email out which has been posted above. You can either use it against the cost of next season or get a cash refund. Mine is £94 so a nice handy amount. (445/19x4.)

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, sylofox said:

My mates girlfriends uncle who know nothing, says you can buy one but can't go and watch the games.

Ah, sure he's the man alright. Would you ask him to get two in for me? I feel like going twice to make up for this season. Tell him I'll pay him back next week, once I've been to the bookies.

• Haha 1