Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

14 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

I did no such thing, my response was to a different poster who questioned the general relevance of her being white. My point was that it is absolutely relevant in the context of proactive crime prevention. You then went off on one about Tommy bloody Robinson.

Following this line of thought, without a clear and credible source on the ethnicity of the victim beyond "dude, trust me" from the OP in order to add weight, this argument is likewise irrelevant.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

I've seen some dumb shit in my lifetime, but seeing Americans filling shopping bags with petrol is something beyond even my low expectations of the human race. What the hell. :huh:

*Gesticulates wildly at the last few years*

But yeah, some of them were doing it with washing baskets with holes in them.

Terrible news from Israel but I couldn't help but notice the beauty in these photographs of Hamas' rockets being met by the Iron Dome missile shield:

E1Y9owVXoAE8Zjj?format=jpg&name=medium

E1T-YeNXEAA8kK4?format=jpg&name=medium

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

Terrible news from Israel but I couldn't help but notice the beauty in these photographs of Hamas' rockets being met by the Iron Dome missile shield:

E1Y9owVXoAE8Zjj?format=jpg&name=medium

E1T-YeNXEAA8kK4?format=jpg&name=medium

There's an haunting beauty to it, isn't there? 

Whilst I applaud them taking the stance on grounds of their belief I have to question them using the FA Cup final to do so. 

This should be pure football and separate from a really sticky political issue. 

3 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Whilst I applaud them taking the stance on grounds of their belief I have to question them using the FA Cup final to do so. 

Yet kneeling before KO is still ok.

3 hours ago, foxile5 said:

BLM and taking the knee came to English football following the death of 1 man in a foriegn land. Highlighting 122 deaths in a day is far more worthy. I think they should encourage the team to STAND with victims of oppression around the world before the the start of the remaining games of the season. And more so if they are sanctioned by the powers to be. I dont support their views but i support their rights to express them.

Just now, doverfox said:

BLM and taking the knee came to English football following the death of 1 man in a foriegn land. Highlighting 122 deaths in a day is far more worthy. I think they should encourage the team to STAND with victims of oppression around the world before the the start of the remaining games of the season. And more so if they are sanctioned by the powers to be. I dont support their views but i support their rights to express them.

I'm not moralising about either cause. 

I just think bringing that moralising to the FA Cup final - and our first win - is a misguided move. I think football should be apolitical as possible. 

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

You choose to post this about a few idiots running their mouths in London yet I don't see any post about the atrocities that are being committed over there, children being made homeless and orphaned, there are plenty of videos around social media showing the brutality the Israeli army are giving the Palestinians. Yet no we can't show that otherwise it will not fit the rhetoric right? 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, hejammy said:

You choose to post this about a few idiots running their mouths in London yet I don't see any post about the atrocities that are being committed over there, children being made homeless and orphaned, there are plenty of videos around social media showing the brutality the Israeli army are giving the Palestinians. Yet no we can't show that otherwise it will not fit the rhetoric right? 

Tbf he didn't post videos of the thousands of rockets the palestinians fired indiscriminately into israel either. So maybe he's focusing on problems close to home. :dunno:

17 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Tbf he didn't post videos of the thousands of rockets the palestinians fired indiscriminately into israel either. So maybe he's focusing on problems close to home. :dunno:

Which is fair and honestly that post wasn't even directly at him (even though it was a reply from his post) society in general is all about "but what about" 

My point was simply what is the root cause, and as people from all walks of life agree, it's the sheer inequality of the "conflict" and the total disregard for international law main above all that the human rights issue. But no people would rather not highlight that but instead the "but what about" 

Edited by hejammy

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Which is fair and honestly that post wasn't even directly at him (even though it was a reply from his post) society in general is all about "but what about" 

My point was simply what is the root cause, and as people from all walks of life agree, it's the sheer inequality of the "conflict" and the total disregard for international law. But no people would rather not highlight that but instead the "but what about" 

Think it's pretty obvious that people don't like what Israel are doing. It sucks absolute ass that we all can't just get along, especially when there are options for peace on the table.

However, it doesn't give any right whatsoever for some of the scenes we've seen lately. In fact, it probably actively goes towards reinforcing Israelis views towards Palestinians and Muslims in general. Prolonging this vicious cycle.

And as much as it will absolutely suck for Palestinians, surely it has to get to the point where peace overrides pride and they accept a peace deal with Israel. As with most peace treaties throughout history, "the good deal" falls to the side with military superiority. 

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Do you want to post the videos all over tik tok where some are making derogatory comments on Palestinians ? No? 

Or how about the vast amount of videos going around of people from both sides standing up and demanding peace. 

but no, three pricks in a rented car driving by themselves is far more shocking and well worth posting. 

Palestinians are not just Muslim, Israelies are not just Jews. Giving a voice to these ****ing inbreds as far as I’m concerned makes those who do so part of the problem. There are people dying there. Innocent people and it’s because of people like this. Fueling both sides. **** sake.

Edited by Mickyblueeyes

6 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Think it's pretty obvious that people don't like what Israel are doing. It sucks absolute ass that we all can't just get along, especially when there are options for peace on the table.

However, it doesn't give any right whatsoever for some of the scenes we've seen lately. In fact, it probably actively goes towards reinforcing Israelis views towards Palestinians and Muslims in general. Prolonging this vicious cycle.

And as much as it will absolutely suck for Palestinians, surely it has to get to the point where peace overrides pride and they accept a peace deal with Israel. As with most peace treaties throughout history, "the good deal" falls to the side with military superiority. 

Let me ask you something. So do you think there are more idiots causing the scenes which you talk about reinforcing the Israeli views or do you think there are more "scenes" of brutality and human inequality in Palestine by Israeli soldiers? 

Also just to understand correctly, Palestinians should just accept what Israel offer as they have the biggest guns? 

So if someone broke into your house with a gun and demanded you leave and let them have your house you should just accept that they should keep your house forever as they have the gun. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Let me ask you something. So do you think there are more idiots causing the scenes which you talk about reinforcing the Israeli views or do you think there are more "scenes" of brutality and human inequality in Palestine by Israeli soldiers? 

Also just to understand correctly, Palestinians should just accept what Israel offer as they have the biggest guns? 

So if someone broke into your house with a gun and demanded you leave and let them have your house you should just accept that they should keep your house forever as they have the gun. 

No idea, I'm not God I can't see everything. 

The choice is accept the peace offered or be in a forever war with a power they can't beat, and for all intents and purposes won't just "give up". You can't carry on fighting and then be pissed you're getting beat. 

Depends, are the people that busted into my house going to use the gun? If so, then **** yeah. Bricks and mortar aren't worth my life. :mellow: Again, doesn't mean I'd be happy with it. 

8 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

No idea, I'm not God I can't see everything. 

The choice is accept the peace offered or be in a forever war with a power they can't beat, and for all intents and purposes won't just "give up". You can't carry on fighting and then be pissed you're getting beat. 

Depends, are the people that busted into my house going to use the gun? If so, then **** yeah. Bricks and mortar aren't worth my life. :mellow: Again, doesn't mean I'd be happy with it. 

On the first point - if the person being bullied cannot stick up for themselves then other people should get involved and help them right? The person being bullied cannot and should not accept a "peace deal" where by the bully still takes their money and is allowed to beat them up once a day? 

Second point is that yes ofcourse you would not attempt to fight the person with the gun if you didn't not have a gun. But you'd come back to try and take your house (which is rightfully and legally yours) by other means or with help from external sources right? So what's the difference? 

• Thanks 1