Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57226774

well that was an unfortunate way to go....

Body of missing man found in Spanish dinosaur statue

Published
3 hours ago
Dinosaur statute outside Ibis hotel in Santa Coloma de GramenetIMAGE COPYRIGHTALAMY
image captionPolice are investigating how the man became stuck in the dinosaur's leg

Spanish police are investigating the death of a 39-year-old man whose body was found inside a dinosaur statue.

Authorities were alerted on Saturday after a father and his son noticed a smell emanating from the papier-mâché figure in Santa Coloma de Gramenet, a suburb of Barcelona.

The father then saw the corpse through a crack in the Stegosaurus' hollow leg.

Police said the man had been reported missing by his family, and no foul play is suspected.

Three fire brigade teams were called to scene after the body was discovered, and firefighters cut open the dinosaur leg to retrieve it.

Local media report the man - who has not been named - was trying to retrieve a mobile phone he dropped inside the statue. He then fell inside the decorative figure and was left trapped upside down, unable to call for help.

Police have not confirmed how the man ended up inside the dinosaur, and are awaiting the results of his autopsy to find out how he died.

The decorative statue has been removed from its place outside the city's Cubic Building, where it had been used to advertise an old cinema.

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

I feel so sorry for idiots like this. How sad is your life that you need to act this way? Something people of colour deal with way too often even in todays age.

14 hours ago, Corky said:

If getting drunk makes you shout racist things, don't get drunk?

I suppose there’s an argument she was just saying the nastiest thing she could think of, but it’s hard to get past the fact that her go to was horrible racism.  I’m going to go for drunk AND racist.  Even if it means agreeing with the rather nuts Ash.

23 hours ago, StanSP said:

Strikes you as the type of person that would just default to the first insult she thinks will cause the most offence to the recipient... Realised the disabled slur wasn't doing much so tried the racist route. Honestly can't see that kind of thing ever going away, even less so with alcohol involved. 

Edited by LCFCCHRIS

9 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Strikes you as the type of person that would just default to the first insult she thinks will cause the most offence to the recipient... Realised the disabled slur wasn't doing much so tried the racist route. Honestly can't see that kind of thing ever going away, even less so with alcohol involved. 

May I ask why?

Just now, leicsmac said:

May I ask why?

You know that type of person, that will look at you when they are angry and you can see they are assessing what could possibly cause the most offense. In this case a racist remark, but can be a comment on your height, age, weight, hair, or any features deemed to be out of the ordinary. In this case this guy has no issues with any of those so she went to that. If he was a ginger lad she'd have jumped on that IMO. I don't know how that could go away. 

• Like 3

On 24/05/2021 at 14:52, stripeyfox said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57226774

well that was an unfortunate way to go....

Body of missing man found in Spanish dinosaur statue

Published
3 hours ago
Dinosaur statute outside Ibis hotel in Santa Coloma de GramenetIMAGE COPYRIGHTALAMY
image captionPolice are investigating how the man became stuck in the dinosaur's leg

Spanish police are investigating the death of a 39-year-old man whose body was found inside a dinosaur statue.

Authorities were alerted on Saturday after a father and his son noticed a smell emanating from the papier-mâché figure in Santa Coloma de Gramenet, a suburb of Barcelona.

The father then saw the corpse through a crack in the Stegosaurus' hollow leg.

Police said the man had been reported missing by his family, and no foul play is suspected.

Three fire brigade teams were called to scene after the body was discovered, and firefighters cut open the dinosaur leg to retrieve it.

Local media report the man - who has not been named - was trying to retrieve a mobile phone he dropped inside the statue. He then fell inside the decorative figure and was left trapped upside down, unable to call for help.

Police have not confirmed how the man ended up inside the dinosaur, and are awaiting the results of his autopsy to find out how he died.

The decorative statue has been removed from its place outside the city's Cubic Building, where it had been used to advertise an old cinema.

I've since read that a few days earlier, he placed a bet at 3 Trillion to one, that he would be killed by a dinosaur.

His family are set to win a fortune.

• Haha 1

On 24/05/2021 at 16:32, StanSP said:

If she was drunk and stabbed a.man to death, would she get charged for being drunk or murder.

Her intent was to cause harm, yes under the influence but a crime was committed.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

You know that type of person, that will look at you when they are angry and you can see they are assessing what could possibly cause the most offense. In this case a racist remark, but can be a comment on your height, age, weight, hair, or any features deemed to be out of the ordinary. In this case this guy has no issues with any of those so she went to that. If he was a ginger lad she'd have jumped on that IMO. I don't know how that could go away. 

So some folks are always going to be bastards? Yeah, I can see where you're coming from there.

That being said, I'm inclined to think such behaviour is (mostly) learned rather than inherent, so there might be at least some solutions available there rather than just accepting it as a fait accompli.

• Like 1

On 25/05/2021 at 12:36, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57239610

Coming to schools across Texas!

The gop literally just want to see people gunning each other down in the street, it couldn't be more obvious.

23 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-56952435

If this legislation had any more holes you could strain tea with it.

And the gop in Florida literally just want more theme parks.  Tech companies can do what they like as long as they invest in sick rides for Floridians.

21 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

That's a defence in your opinion?  You just described me as a child, it went away by growing up, alcohol is no excuse.

Alcohol is no excuse for any kind of abusive behaviour.  If it was, this country would be in a right sorry state considering how often millions of us get pissed.

I don’t know the stat for “pissed vs sober” when abuse occurs but I imagine it’s a fair old chunk. Do we excuse all of it?

18 minutes ago, MPH said:

AI emotion-detection software tested on Uyghurs https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57101248

people should read this whole article.  

I don’t know why more people are not outraged by this.

Probably because familiarity breeds apathy and there is familiarity in the Chinese government using technology in new and creative ways to be repressive bastards.