Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

13 hours ago, Wymsey said:

If they think there could be a body in the building, why has it took them a long time to state it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-57070279

Seems poor that it was never properly looked into at the time. She worked there, he was a customer there, he was a builder and there was some building work done around the time she disappeared. Doesn't take the world's greatest detective to guess she might be there.

Terrible to hear and even more so with him being so young. The odds of being killed by lightning in the UK are 1 in 19mil apparently.

I was watching a thunderstorm over mine last night, it seemed to be sheet lightning, I haven't seen lightning in years and while incredible to watch news like the below also reminds you how dangerous it is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-57083921

Tributes have been paid to a nine-year-old boy who died after being struck by lightning during a football coaching session.

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Terrible to hear and even more so with him being so young. The odds of being killed by lightning in the UK are 1 in 19mil apparently.

I was watching a thunderstorm over mine last night, it seemed to be sheet lightning, I haven't seen lightning in years and while incredible to watch news like the below also reminds you how dangerous it is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-57083921

Very sad to hear. Especially when you see how much good the kid had done with fundraising for his late uncle, and things like this... 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

I think it is relevant tbh, in these kind of crimes the victim is usually white underclass. If it was a racist attack on a BAME individual the race would be relevant. I think it’s helpful in terms of prevention to ascertain as much information about a potential victim as possible wouldn’t you agree? 

Erm, well actually no because the more information you put out about the victim of a sex offence, the more likely you are to be in breach of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 which *protects* victims. Unless they are willing to waive it, sex offence victims have the right to lifelong anonymity and therefore few details about them are usually ever reported.

We've already seen a number of grooming gang trials put in jeopardy because of the vanity of far-right dickheads who don't understand the law and are more concerned about their own fame than justice for the girls who are victims of these gangs. Their selfishness and arrogance has shown they don't actually care a jot about the poor girls who have suffered.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Erm, well actually no because the more information you put out about the victim of a sex offence, the more likely you are to be in breach of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 which *protects" victims. Unless they are willing to waive it, sex offence victims have the right to lifelong anonymity and therefore few details about them are usually ever reported.

We've already seen a number of grooming gang trials put in jeopardy because of the vanity of far-right dickheads who don't understand the law and are more concerned about their own fame than justice for the girls who are victims of these gangs. Their selfishness and arrogance has shown they don't actually care a jot about the poor girls who have suffered.

Oh what a shock someone makes this about the far right 🤣

🤡 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Oh what a shock someone makes this about the far right 🤣

🤡

No, the bloke with his hand up an emu's arse made it about race, with his clear dog-whistle post.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Not arsed about the points I made about the victims themselves then? I rest my case.

Not really no, because your points are irrelevant. Pinpointing POTENTIAL victims in order to safeguard would be a PRE-EMPTIVE step. Those in certain areas who may be at risk could be saved before they go down the rabbit hole that the abusers dig.

Its ok to record a victims ethnicity, sociological and criminological research relies on that data. It does not compromise the victims anonymity.

Edited by Nuneatonfox in Manchester

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Worth noting that these particular types of grooming gangs are known to target vulnerable Sikh and Hindu girls too, who tend not to be white. 

I wish people would be less focussed on the race of the perpetrators and the victims and more focussed on stopping the abuse of vulnerable children wherever it's taking place. 

Yes which is why I said the victim is usually white, which they are. I’m aware that Sikh Hindu and even Muslim girls have also been targeted.

5 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Not really no, because your points are irrelevant. Pinpointing POTENTIAL victims in order to safeguard would be a PRE-EMPTIVE step. Those in certain areas who may be at risk could be saved before they go down the rabbit hole that the abusers dig.

Its ok to record a victims ethnicity, sociological and criminological research relies on that data. It does not compromise the victims anonymity.

My points aren't irrelevant. The point I'm making is that a lack of understanding of the law surrounding sex offences, Contempt of Court etc has been a real hinderance to these girls actually getting the justice, and the perpetrators getting the punishments, they deserve.

You were defending someone revealing information about a victim that previously wasn't in the public domain. The people who need to know the profile of victims already know that. Her ethnicity being revealed on a football forum by a single source who claims to have insider knowledge of her case does absolutely nothing to protect potential future victims.

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Worth noting that these particular types of grooming gangs are known to target vulnerable Sikh and Hindu girls too, who tend not to be white. 

I wish people would be less focussed on the race of the perpetrators and the victims and more focussed on stopping the abuse of vulnerable children wherever it's taking place. 

A-fvcking-men.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hear hear. Child abusers are child abusers and each and every one of them should be in a windowless cell. Don't give a crap who they are or who they are abusing, each and every one of them is lowlife scum. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

My points aren't irrelevant. The point I'm making is that a lack of understanding of the law surrounding sex offences, Contempt of Court etc has been a real hinderance to these girls actually getting the justice, and the perpetrators getting the punishments, they deserve.

You were defending someone revealing information about a victim that previously wasn't in the public domain. The people who need to know the profile of victims already know that. Her ethnicity being revealed on a football forum by a single source who claims to have insider knowledge of her case does absolutely nothing to protect potential future victims.

A-fvcking-men.

I did no such thing, my response was to a different poster who questioned the general relevance of her being white. My point was that it is absolutely relevant in the context of proactive crime prevention. You then went off on one about Tommy bloody Robinson.

3 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

I did no such thing, my response was to a different poster who questioned the general relevance of her being white. My point was that it is absolutely relevant in the context of proactive crime prevention. You then went off on one about Tommy bloody Robinson.

Never mentioned any names. He's far from the only person who's been guilty of putting their own selfish aims above helping the victims to get justice.

Is it relevant for people working in crime prevention to know a sex offence victim's ethnicity? Undoubtedly. Is it relevant for someone to breach personal confidences and reveal it on a football forum for all the world to see? Absolutely not. That's why people were asking about its relevance.