Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

Looking like this had nothing to do with her BLM affiliation after all, despite Dianne Abbott and BLM UK jumping the gun

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57293434

A man has appeared in court charged over the shooting of black equal rights activist Sasha Johnson.

Ms Johnson, a 27-year-old mother of two, remains in a critical condition after the attack at a house party in Peckham, south London, in the early hours of Sunday.

Cameron Deriggs, 18, of Bromley Hill, Lewisham, was charged on Friday night with conspiracy to murder.

33 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Looking like this had nothing to do with her BLM affiliation after all, despite Dianne Abbott and BLM UK jumping the gun

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57293434

A man has appeared in court charged over the shooting of black equal rights activist Sasha Johnson.

Ms Johnson, a 27-year-old mother of two, remains in a critical condition after the attack at a house party in Peckham, south London, in the early hours of Sunday.

Cameron Deriggs, 18, of Bromley Hill, Lewisham, was charged on Friday night with conspiracy to murder.

And all it took was this to prove that racially-motivated attacks in the UK and around the world are a thing of fiction and/or the past! :D

:ph34r:

But snark aside, here's hoping justice is served and Ms Johnson makes a full recovery.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

And all it took was this to prove that racially-motivated attacks in the UK and around the world are a thing of fiction and/or the past! :D

:ph34r:

But snark aside, here's hoping justice is served and Ms Johnson makes a full recovery.

😁 Well I do get you and good point, it doesn't mean that. My point is really that making assumptions that people may believe as truth, in relation to very volatile talking points like this, has a serious potential for unnecessary anger especially if it's coming from the horse's mouth so to speak. I guess that's the way of the world though unless we start fact checking every Twitter account 🤣. And I think the whole of the UK can universally agree on Dianne Abbott's general lack of judgment regardless. 

Edited by LCFCCHRIS

52 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

😁 Well I do get you and good point, it doesn't mean that. My point is really that making assumptions that people may believe as truth, in relation to very volatile talking points like this, has a serious potential for unnecessary anger especially if it's coming from the horse's mouth so to speak. I guess that's the way of the world though unless we start fact checking every Twitter account 🤣. And I think the whole of the UK can universally agree on Dianne Abbott's general lack of judgment regardless. 

Don't worry, I was certainly being facetious in my reply anyway.

I will say that in this particular matter while unnecessary anger is always best avoided, events in various parts of the world do mean that there is rather a lot to be angry about, depending on one's worldview.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57293882 So this joke of a government isn’t wasting £200 million on a new royal yacht, it’s a “national flagship” so royals and the rich and powerful can take luxurious cruises at our expense. God the Tories love their populist-nationalist symbolism, I don’t know anyone other than a subscriber to Boris Johnson’s OnlyFans like my dad who can even try to justify this insult to the British taxpayer!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, What the Fuchs? said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57293882 So this joke of a government isn’t wasting £200 million on a new royal yacht, it’s a “national flagship” so royals and the rich and powerful can take luxurious cruises at our expense. God the Tories love their populist-nationalist symbolism, I don’t know anyone other than a subscriber to Boris Johnson’s OnlyFans like my dad who can even try to justify this insult to the British taxpayer!

I’m not convinced £200m buys you much yacht these days tbh.  Didn’t Bezos just spend about 4 times that?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Fair play to this man..:appl:

Absolutely the right attitude.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-57268852

I work in payroll. Someone in the region I pay started in the offices last month and lasted 1 day, stating the job was too difficult. What do you do on day one of an office job that's too difficult? In my experience you're usually getting shown round, set up on systems, shadowing someone etc. Also 1 day isn't enough time to be a judge of anything. I never met the woman as I pay people in Darlington, and she may have mental health issues so I won't judge too much, but on the face of it, it doesn't look great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I work in payroll. Someone in the region I pay started in the offices last month and lasted 1 day, stating the job was too difficult. What do you do on day one of an office job that's too difficult? In my experience you're usually getting shown round, set up on systems, shadowing someone etc. Also 1 day isn't enough time to be a judge of anything. I never met the woman as I pay people in Darlington, and she may have mental health issues so I won't judge too much, but on the face of it, it doesn't look great.

to be fair.. it sounds as though you are judging

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

to be fair.. it sounds as though you are judging

We all judge to some degree. You're judging me based on that post, I'm judging you based on your reply.

I obviously wasn't there, I was just told she stated the job was too hard, on day one, which is usually the easiest day. On the face of it, it doesn't paint her in a good light, but I accept there may be factors other than the job, I said as much in my post.

10 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I’m not convinced £200m buys you much yacht these days tbh.  Didn’t Bezos just spend about 4 times that?

Well I guess it's not such a bad way to spend taxpayers money after all then!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Saw a doc once about a luxury yacht builder. They reckoned about £ 1m/metre, depending on spec. And it was a fair few years ago. 

11 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Well if that's the case if we're gonna do it, I'd rather we spent £800m and got a proper yacht than waste £200m on a inferior one.

14 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Your right, my ex boss has a yacht business his cheapest is £400mill, and the too nearly £700mill, he has 4, and the day rate is minimum £30k to hire per day for the smallest.

43 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/embassy-protester-demanded-jewish-blood-fmqhb8fxc

Another palestine protest and yet another racist tirade unchallenged by hateful Muslim men.

Wrong kind of victim and wrong kind of offender for the masses to give a fvck

in fairness, it probably wouldn’t be the wisest move for two police officers, unsupported and with no riot gear, to go and challenge someone    surrounded by a bloodthirsty mob. He’ll be on video and they’ll probably have a profile of him and an idea of who it is.

He’ll likely get his day in court and time in jail. 

4 hours ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/embassy-protester-demanded-jewish-blood-fmqhb8fxc

Another palestine protest and yet another racist tirade unchallenged by hateful Muslim men.

Wrong kind of victim and wrong kind of offender for the masses to give a fvck

As long as the Israelis have the single biggest military and economic power to have ever existed backing them, it doesn't really matter if the masses don't give a fvck (not that that is conclusively true anyway) - they've got the *right* people giving a fvck.

This bloke is full of hot air and he'll get his day in court, nothing more.

NB. I wonder if the UK could actually have stopped all of this terribly pointless conflict before it started by not coming up with the Sykes-Picot Agreement.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

As long as the Israelis have the single biggest military and economic power to have ever existed backing them, it doesn't really matter if the masses don't give a fvck (not that that is conclusively true anyway) - they've got the *right* people giving a fvck.

This bloke is full of hot air and he'll get his day in court, nothing more.

NB. I wonder if the UK could actually have stopped all of this terribly pointless conflict before it started by not coming up with the Sykes-Picot Agreement.

This narrative really irks me, what has Israel’s relationship with the US got to do with the safety of Jews in this country? The iron dome does nothing to protect against the many anti-semitic incidents occurring in Europe right now, not just by blokes filled with hot air I might add. I know of several cases of vandalism and assault near my home, and that is just on one STREET.

Schools and Unis as well https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/education-and-careers/2021/05/25/terrifying-time-jew-campus-rise-antisemitism-british-universities/amp/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/israel-gaza-conflict-williamson-reminds-headteachers-over-impartiality-after-rise-in-antisemitic-incidents-in-schools-12319903

1 hour ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

This narrative really irks me, what has Israel’s relationship with the US got to do with the safety of Jews in this country? The iron dome does nothing to protect against the many anti-semitic incidents occurring in Europe right now, not just by blokes filled with hot air I might add. I know of several cases of vandalism and assault near my home, and that is just on one STREET.

Schools and Unis as well https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/education-and-careers/2021/05/25/terrifying-time-jew-campus-rise-antisemitism-british-universities/amp/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/israel-gaza-conflict-williamson-reminds-headteachers-over-impartiality-after-rise-in-antisemitic-incidents-in-schools-12319903

Well, if we are talking about these specific incidents (and I would maintain the general situation in the Middle East does have something to do with them), then they are being investigated and hopefully any wrongdoers will be punished civilly or criminally.

What else, exactly, is required here, other than it being a general expression of annoyance and judgement that the UK public take anti-Semitism less seriously than other forms of discrimination?

12 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Well, if we are talking about these specific incidents (and I would maintain the general situation in the Middle East does have something to do with them), then they are being investigated and hopefully any wrongdoers will be punished civilly or criminally.

What else, exactly, is required here, other than it being a general expression of annoyance and judgement that the UK public take anti-Semitism less seriously than other forms of discrimination?

It’s the narrative 

David v Goliath 

The Arab states which populate the entire Middle East (apart from a strip of size of Wales),  aren’t able to  get together across seven decades to help sort this mess out. So it remains David v Goliath. you can decide for yourselves which side is which. 

the idea that is real is the de facto US armed forces (it isn’t) against a couple million people living in tents with some fireworks leads some to decide they need to do something material here to help. And some will see a Jewish person as the nearest thing they can reach which could affect the situation (it can’t). 

Having made that last point, if Jews across the diaspora become the targets of physical violence on a large enough scale, it will have an effect on the behaviour of the Israeli govt. 

the real issue on both sides is the political leadership is sadly and badly lacking. It seems Israel is about to jump into another period of weak govt which could mean anything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

It’s the narrative 

David v Goliath 

The Arab states which populate the entire Middle East (apart from a strip of size of Wales),  aren’t able to  get together across seven decades to help sort this mess out. So it remains David v Goliath. you can decide for yourselves which side is which. 

the idea that is real is the de facto US armed forces (it isn’t) against a couple million people living in tents with some fireworks leads some to decide they need to do something material here to help. And some will see a Jewish person as the nearest thing they can reach which could affect the situation (it can’t). 

Having made that last point, if Jews across the diaspora become the targets of physical violence on a large enough scale, it will have an effect on the behaviour of the Israeli govt. 

the real issue on both sides is the political leadership is sadly and badly lacking. It seems Israel is about to jump into another period of weak govt which could mean anything. 

Absolutely agree on the bolded part. The hardliners have way too much sway over the way things play out over there, but then I think that's been the case all along.

An accurate summation all round IMO.