Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I don’t think you were. 

It was on my planner ready to record, obviously not now. Apparently its on ITV hub for a short time, which isn't much use if its gone by the end of tonight's game.

BTW, I'm not defending Clarke, if he's guilty I hope he get punishment. I totally get stopping all future work with him until this is over as Sky have done, but don't pull a show 4 5th of the way through.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You're kidding. They've shown 4 of them already, just show the last one ffs.

Showing the last episode on ITV hub for a limited time this evening. What time and how long for i dont know but im going to check it out after the footie.

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It was on my planner ready to record, obviously not now. Apparently its on ITV hub for a short time, which isn't much use if its gone by the end of tonight's game.

BTW, I'm not defending Clarke, if he's guilty I hope he get punishment. I totally get stopping all future work with him until this is over as Sky have done, but don't pull a show 4 5th of the way through.

Yeah that seems a bit unfair for the viewers, whatever he may or may not have done is hardly their fault? 

16 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Which looks ever unlikely as more allegations come out, but I’m still one for the presumption of innocence until proven guilty, personally. Also never been a fan of people losing jobs or careers.

6 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yeah that seems a bit unfair for the viewers, whatever he may or may not have done is hardly their fault? 

Unfair on the millions of viewers, a lot of whom will be older, less tech savvy and with less strong attitudes to this sort of thing... Also deeply unfair the hundreds of actors, crew and staff who have worked on the project

I found this tweet interesting about the industry:

That’s how people get away with it, no formal organisation at all and no accountability. The whole thing needs a reform. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'd imagine they don't want to be seen endorsing Clarke by showing the last episode, whilst fully knowing the allegations around and the publicity of them.

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'd imagine they don't want to be seen endorsing Clarke by showing the last episode, whilst fully knowing the allegations around and the publicity of them.

I think possibly a statement saying they are aware of the allegations and the seriousness of them, and will pause any future work with Clarke, but will be completing broadcast of this current project would have been fine.

Edited by Facecloth

But they're not really endorsing anything by showing a pre recorded programme (if that's what it is) are they? Surely the bloke is innocent until it's proven otherwise, these are only allegations at the moment aren't they? 

I think I need to understand a bit more about this, like if it's pre recorded show surely all the cast and crew have already been paid, is it a live thing where the rest of the cast and crew will lose out if it isn't broadcast? 

9 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

But they're not really endorsing anything by showing a pre recorded programme (if that's what it is) are they? Surely the bloke is innocent until it's proven otherwise, these are only allegations at the moment aren't they? 

I think I need to understand a bit more about this, like if it's pre recorded show surely all the cast and crew have already been paid, is it a live thing where the rest of the cast and crew will lose out if it isn't broadcast? 

It's prerecorded, so they aren't continuing to work with him by showing it. All the cast a crew will have been paid, but obviously don't get a their work shown as widely as they initially thought it would be.

Actor Noel Clarke says he's deeply sorry for some of his actions and will seek professional help, but denies sexual misconduct

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

Eh? Professional help for stuff you deny doing? Why not just come clean, take your punishment like a man and be better ffs.

33 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Actor Noel Clarke says he's deeply sorry for some of his actions and will seek professional help, but denies sexual misconduct

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

Eh? Professional help for stuff you deny doing? Why not just come clean, take your punishment like a man and be better ffs.

The allegations cover more than sexual harrasment. He's been accused of bullying, which I imagine is what he's admitting to whilst denying sexual misconduct.

https://news.sky.com/story/police-officer-sacked-after-hitting-vulnerable-teenage-girl-more-than-30-times-with-a-baton-12291704#?utm_source=upday&utm_medium=referral

Wow! I mean I've never been a police officer and I imagine they face many difficult situations, but surely there's better ways to deal with this situation. I know he got sacked so people agree he could have dealt with it better, but what the hell was going through his head. Sounds like he escalated the situation with an already distressed person and then reacted to their further distress that he caused by beating them

Just checked my Twitter account, absolutely bugger all on there really which just goes to show who I chose to follow! Of cause I 100% agree with this SM boycott but sadly can’t see anything changing because of it, until the companies lose money I guess. 

6 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Just checked my Twitter account, absolutely bugger all on there really which just goes to show who I chose to follow! Of cause I 100% agree with this SM boycott but sadly can’t see anything changing because of it, until the companies lose money I guess. 

Well right now they know all these accounts with big following will be back in Tuesday, so no big deal. And there's nothing stopping people right now sending abuse, even if the people aren't seeing it. But if it carries on they may find these accounts just quit, and then a lot of us quit and then they have no business.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Well right now they know all these accounts with big following will be back in Tuesday, so no big deal. And there's nothing stopping people right now sending abuse, even if the people aren't seeing it. But if it carries on they may find these accounts just quit, and then a lot of us quit and then they have no business.

What ever it takes to stop this scum, perhaps better sentencing and education may be a start. 

6 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

What ever it takes to stop this scum, perhaps better sentencing and education may be a start. 

I guess education is something many of these trolls have lacked for some time. 

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/concerns-raised-over-consultation-revamp-5361142

'Concerns raised over consultation for revamp of St Matthews estate'

Aye, I'm sure the residents of St. Matthews asked for more electric car charging points lol

Good public consultation is hard.

That's why a lot of local councils only tend to pay lip service to the idea.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Good public consultation is hard.

That's why a lot of local councils only tend to pay lip service to the idea.

The statutory minimum requirements for local consultation are bogus really, Councils know they can do the minimum and most people won't be aware of what's going on uness they hear through word of mouth.

It can however be an incredibly arduous process, which often involves great big spoonfuls of nimbyism and little constructive value. Some of the shite I've read in objections to developments are ridiculous. 

And for what it's worth, most local authority planning departments have had their budgets absolutely hammered since 2009, they desperately need cash and they need development to happen to get it. 

2 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

The statutory minimum requirements for local consultation are bogus really, Councils know they can do the minimum and most people won't be aware of what's going on uness they hear through word of mouth.

It can however be an incredibly arduous process, which often involves great big spoonfuls of nimbyism and little constructive value. Some of the shite I've read in objections to developments are ridiculous. 

And for what it's worth, most local authority planning departments have had their budgets absolutely hammered since 2009, they desperately need cash and they need development to happen to get it. 

Yep, it's really really difficult to do well. However, and this is me being idealistic, if it's done well by people who have worked hard and know what they're doing it can have a real positive effect in terms of getting people onside and thinking they're involved.

Like you said though, that takes money (and the expertise and time it buys) that the local govs simply don't have.

Great little documentary this. Improving the national rails infrastructure is a positive step but is it worth destroying an ancient woodland, when we’re supposed to be protecting the environment :dunno:

Edited by Shane