Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Funny interview and obvs she's bang on right.

However, she was ripping apart a fella who's clearly senile. He was easy prey..

Yeah you're right. I started to feel a bit sorry for him really. She'd do the same to Hancock though and I'd pay to watch that

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There is very little you can't enjoy still though. You want a beer you can go, you want a meal you can go, you want a UK holiday you can go, you want to go shopping you can go, you want a party in your garden you can, you want people in your house you can, you want to go down the cricket or visit a zoo, you can. You basically just can't mingle in a large group of people. :dunno:

Yeah the browbeaten public are now happy with the scraps they are given, forgetting what normal once was.

Have you been to the cricket recently? Sure you can go, but you’re stuck in your seat, cannot walk around the ground and meet your friends, put your mask on if you leave your seat for a visit to the portaloo.

We accept it but should not be happy about it.

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Yeah the browbeaten public are now happy with the scraps they are given, forgetting what normal once was.

I can do everything I would normally be doing during a summer in the uk... everything. 

For some they might miss out on nightclubs or a concert. But that’s about it, and they should be open soon enough.  

There is plenty for everyone to enjoy themselves, unless like you, they seemingly don’t want to.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I can do everything I would normally be doing during a summer in the uk... everything. 

For some they might miss out on nightclubs or a concert. But that’s about it, and they should be open soon enough.  

There is plenty for everyone to enjoy themselves, unless like you, they seemingly don’t want to.

Haha you seem to think you know me, of course I want to enjoy myself, foreign holidays, pubs without having to book etc.

I want normality, not scraps like you seem to be content with.

Go down the cricket and walk around the ground, can you do that? No, so there is one small example, you cannot walk around a vast open space, it’s ridiculous.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You’re attitude is really quite selfish, and smacks of I’m alright jack.

Try being a younger person wanting to go clubs, concerts, festivals and holidays abroad….

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Haha you seem to think you know me, of course I want to enjoy myself, foreign holidays, pubs without having to book etc.

I want normality, not scraps like you seem to be content with.

Go down the cricket and walk around the ground, can you do that? No, so there is one small example, you cannot walk around a vast open space, it’s ridiculous.

There are pubs you don’t need to book in?

You can’t watch the cricket sitting down? You have to walk about? Are you there to watch the cricket?

Scraps? It’s nearly entirely back to normal barring a couple of bits ffs.

The thing if it was 'only a 2 week delay' and then guarantees we'd open, most would accept it, but it won't be. It'll end up being a 4 week delay, which takes us to 19th July, and within those 4 weeks they'll discover a new variant or something else will be put forward as a reason we shouldn't be unlocking. At some point we're gonna hit a tipping point for most people and I think we're close to that.

Come September cases are going to start climbing pretty fast again, so unless we open properly in July or August, I fear we won't be unlocking at all. I'll repeat we'll still have masks and social distancing though, for the foreseeable.

That video of JHB and that old twat, I actually felt really angry but then I realised he's probably just a senile old fool. I've got mates that have lost businesses, marriages, homes and lives over this, some have been taking anti depressants for ages, friends of friends have openly talked about suicide, yet this old dick is sitting there laughing about it. If I said what I really thought as I was watching it I'd probably be banned so I'll refrain from doing so.

• Like 4

Just now, Babylon said:

It’s nearly entirely back to normal barring a couple of bits ffs.

For you, yes.

However for many thousands of people it's not, and for many many others there will probably never be 'normal' again, this will have left some serious damage in peoples lives sadly. Don't just dismiss others because they're not doing as well as you or coping as well as you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

You’re attitude is really quite selfish, and smacks of I’m alright jack.

Try being a younger person wanting to go clubs, concerts, festivals and holidays abroad….

Ha ha ha ha.... my attitude is selfish? I’m just pointing out that life is pretty much back to normal in the main. It’s the 5% that isn’t just yet. 

You are the one wanting to ignore advice from people vastly more qualified than you, because you want to go to a nightclub.

You said summer in the UK, not holiday abroad. The other countries have a say in the matter.

It really does make you realise just how fortunate we were to be born on this little island, when we’re whinging about not being able to holiday abroad. That’s not a dig at anyone that wants to holiday abroad, I feel the same and want it just as much. I’ve pretty much written off travelling abroad for the next year, it just won’t be the same for me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

For you, yes.

However for many thousands of people it's not, and for many many others there will probably never be 'normal' again, this will have left some serious damage in peoples lives sadly. Don't just dismiss others because they're not doing as well as you or coping as well as you.

No, for most people it’s nearly entirely back to normal. Don’t conflate the issue with other things. 

Pretty much, the only things outstanding are mass gatherings. And how much of a persons time does that equate to during a summer? Couple of hours a week?

I guess it more normal now if you like playing sports, going on walks and meeting up outside but many will want to do things inside too and go to events or the pub with friends and have a chat which I presume isn't easy to do with the current regulations.

We are  lucky it's very sunny and warm  now so being outside is good but not so long ago it was wet and cold...

Not ideal for sitting in a pub garden or having a picnic

We'll see crowds for the football and other events - there isn't a lot people can do about that.

Edited by Super_horns

It's rather interesting really how this whole thing (not really now, but the whole timeline) has shown how humans react to a threat that might be considered abstract rather than blatant.

I wonder how different the reactions would be if this was a more easily understandable threat with a lesser chance of causing personal injury or death - possibly not a war, maybe a particularly efficient and difficult to stop active terrorist group, for instance. I'd lay rather decent money that there would be less arguments about restrictions regardless of type or length if that were the case, despite the lesser chance of anything happening to one personally, simply because the threat is less abstract.

I hope the powers that be have learned something from this regarding public responses to abstract threats, because the next one humanity might face could take more than just a bit of vaccine research to deal with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

No it's not.

We'll end this here, I'm not spending hours arguing about it over the internet.

Ha ha ha because in terms of things you can and can’t do you know you don’t have a leg to stand on, relating to enjoying a summer in this country. 

So far we’ve had can’t go to a nightclub, have to book for a pub table (which you can still go to), can’t go to a concert which probably takes to about 00.1% of the average persons summer and you can’t walk about at the cricket. Do me a favour.

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I guess it more normal now if you like playing sports, going on walks and meeting up outside but many will want to do things inside too and go to events or the pub with friends and have a chat which I presume isn't easy to do with the current regulations.

We are  lucky it's very sunny and warm  now so being outside is good but not so long ago it was wet and cold...

Not ideal for sitting in a pub garden or having a picnic

We'll see crowds for the football and other events - there isn't a lot people can do about that.

I was in a pub 4 days ago talking with my mates. A few mates went to an FA Cup final. 

There is so much to be able to enjoy, and the rest isn’t far away. 

I had family round for a birthday, in my house. I’ve got people round to watch the Euros. 

It’s been afforded by a surprisingly good vaccine rollout. So someone suggesting that they were promised a summer on the back of a vaccine  (they weren’t it was conditional and not set in stone), is purposely wanting to find the negatives.

Edited by Babylon

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Ha ha ha because in terms of things you can and can’t do you know you don’t have a leg to stand on, relating to enjoying a summer in this country. 

So far we’ve had can’t go to a nightclub, have to book for a pub table (which you can still go to), can’t go to a concert which probably takes to about 00.1% of the average persons summer and you can’t walk about at the cricket. Do me a favour.

No because unless you're in that position then you have absolutely no idea. You have the 'I'm alright Jack' attitude which seems to appear in your comments very often, ignoring the fact that just because you're ok not everyone else might be, whilst seemingly talking down to them.

Embarrassing tbf.

Have a good day.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Ha ha ha ha.... my attitude is selfish? I’m just pointing out that life is pretty much back to normal in the main. It’s the 5% that isn’t just yet. 

You are the one wanting to ignore advice from people vastly more qualified than you, because you want to go to a nightclub.

You said summer in the UK, not holiday abroad. The other countries have a say in the matter.

There you go making assumptions about me again, I’m 53 I don’t want to go to nightclubs 😂  you’re coming across as quite arrogant and selfish.

Your life may be back to normal but there are plenty of people whose lives are far from normal, only you cannot see that as you’re so wrapped up in your own existence.

• Like 3

Guest ttfn

Babylon is of course right - most of life is in theory back to normal.

What isn’t back to normal is that feeling I get when I leave the house of “will this place be open? What will I need to do when I get there? Have I done all of the checks I need to do to go to this place? Am I standing far enough away from people that both I and them feel comfortable? Is my train/bus running as it normally would?”

The list is endless, opening things up like this is a massive improvement to where we were a month ago but it’s still mentally draining to live through. It’s not the same, life is hard work at the moment for everybody.

Lifting restrictions entirely won’t immediately change this - there will be a lot of psychological scars that for some may never heal - but it will help. That 5% that we can’t do is really important, it’s the freedom we are socially conditioned to enjoy and value: without it many people will continue to struggle.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

No because unless you're in that position then you have absolutely no idea. You have the 'I'm alright Jack' attitude which seems to appear in your comments very often, ignoring the fact that just because you're ok not everyone else might be, whilst seemingly talking down to them.

Embarrassing tbf.

Have a good day.

I'm not the one suggesting we go against professional advice because I want to go to a concert. So spare me the "I'm alright Jack" bullshit. 

What position, what are you talking about? Tell me what it is that's so terribly bad it's ruining your life? And don't even start bringing other stuff into it, like work or mental health issues which weren't even part of the discussion and are legacy issues relating mostly to what's happened and not where we are now. 

42 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What a dreadful, conceited post.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You originally brought up the cricket, do you even go? Things are far from normal for plenty of people. So de me a favour.