Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

18 minutes ago, Nick said:

Don’t plan on doing too much tomorrow afternoon Debs! Be kind to yourself. N x

So a colleague of mine told me, if you feel shit after the jab it means you never had covid. I have absolutly zero scientific sources to back this up. lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think I’m more likely to die from hayfever than Covid at this point, will happily lock down for a few weeks to save me from this :surrender: 

Pro tip: if you're suffering get nasal spray cetirizine, generic supermarket brand is the exact same stuff as the posh brands like Benedryl. I can almost promise you it will help massively.

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think I’m more likely to die from hayfever than Covid at this point, will happily lock down for a few weeks to save me from this :surrender: 

Grim isn’t it, usually sends my asthma to shit as well so double whammy.

As above, I need to get on the nasal sprays.

5 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Pro tip: if you're suffering get nasal spray cetirizine, generic supermarket brand is the exact same stuff as the posh brands like Benedryl. I can almost promise you it will help massively.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Grim isn’t it, usually sends my asthma to shit as well so double whammy.

As above, I need to get on the nasal sprays.

I think I tried it a couple of years ago, all it did was make my eyes water and I sneezed for about 4 hours straight lol

Will have a look in Asda tomorrow though and try it again, let you know how I get on, cheers!

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think I tried it a couple of years ago, all it did was make my eyes water and I sneezed for about 4 hours straight lol

Will have a look in Asda tomorrow though and try it again, let you know how I get on, cheers!

Or just the 10mg tablet then, I know nasal sprays are horrible. Promise you 9/10 people it's the best one for them.

21 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

So a colleague of mine told me, if you feel shit after the jab it means you never had covid. I have absolutly zero scientific sources to back this up. lol

and the nurses at my jab said the exact opposite ! 

I think I have heard enough anecdotal evidence that says there is no correct answer to this - feeling rough after the jab doesn’t mean anything.  If you’ve had covid before then the jab awakening your anti bodies would make some sense but then again, the AZ is a live virus which will elicit a response in some people on that basis.  I can’t understand any logic as to how the mRNA vaccines would generate a quick response in anyone !  

I know that in my household (where we have all been exposed to the virus) that the AZ brought on a quick response of symptoms in both myself and my missus and also the twenty something.  I have a teenager having Pfizer tomorrow who showed very light symptoms spring 2020 so not expecting her to have any reaction. 

• Like 1

Nah it ain't mate, Benadryl's active ingredient is Acravastine. Generic versions aren't available, trust me I've tried! Cetirizine (cheap one) does shit all for me annoyingly.

If there's a generic spray I can get to replace Beconase though I will, expensive but amazing stuff.

3 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

Figures aren't great today.

7540 cases, highest since February.

More importantly, 1024 now in hospital. We got as low as 867 on 27th May. 

Deaths still low.

Gives SAGE all the ammo it needs to recommend extending lockdown by 4 weeks or more.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

And they'll facking love it.

Hang on.

Wasn't it Sage who predicted cases would rise during each stage of lockdown easing. And as long as it was manageable it wouldn't be a problem. 

Or just the 10mg tablet then, I know nasal sprays are horrible. Promise you 9/10 people it's the best one for them.

The tablets do nothing for me, I’m on 2 a day and my eyes are itching like **** as we speak.

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Making the best of it in Aus, while bemoaning people for having "first world problems" back in Blighty. Not the best look but whatever. 

Bang on. Sounds like this prat isn’t close to the family he nonchalantly said he might want to see in future. Sick of people telling me and others to ‘suck it up’ after 18 months not seeing my Mum and Dad. First it was understandable. Now it’s illogical with vaccine roll out, technology and tools we have.

• Like 2

Surely it’s not difficult to understand that when the dates were put in place there was no delta variant. Had we managed our borders properly there would be no traction of the delta variant here and cases would be around 3k and June 21 would be no concern. 

but we are where we are 

if they can’t be certain of the consequences of removing social distancing on June 21 then they can’t go ahead with that. I wonder if they’ll come up with a partial adjustment which allows distancing to be removed outdoors (but requiting mask wearing in crowd situations) but not indoors until the data is clearer. 

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Finally got my first Pfizer jab today, much later than it would have been in the UK, but my second one is in 3 weeks so I can't complain, and will possibly be fully vaccinated before many others who have a much larger gap between the two. It was very well organized, too, no waiting once they'd verified who I was, and I didn't even need to get out of the car lol

I thought the minimum recommended time was 8 weeks between the first and second jabs? 

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Don’t plan on doing too much tomorrow afternoon Debs! Be kind to yourself. N x

I had Pfizer too. Only pain I had was a very sore arm where the injection was for about 12 hours. After that, totally fine. No headaches or fever-/cold-like symptoms. No drowsiness. I took a paracetamol in the evening on the same day I had the vaccine. 

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

I don't think that's right lol

Government really lacks common sense.

All we need to do is something like this.

Value our covid borders more than trade deals.

Make the trials used for the night club in liverpool and FA cup a reality, so basically.

Allow hospitality outdoors no masks, no vaccine checks.

Allow maskless hospitality indoors provided person has had two vaccines or recent negative test, provide a system where you simply scan card at entrance, so no faffing about with apps.

Keep masks in other public indoor areas, putting mask on is not much different to using an umbrella in the rain.

Let public places become maskless if they agree to restrict entry to vaccinated and negative tested only.

This all would encourage take up of vaccines, and open up hospitality more but in a safe way.

I think the promises of a completely open society, no masks etc, by a 21 june date was irresponsible.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I thought the minimum recommended time was 8 weeks between the first and second jabs? 

I had Pfizer too. Only pain I had was a very sore arm where the injection was for about 12 hours. After that, totally fine. No headaches or fever-/cold-like symptoms. No drowsiness. I took a paracetamol in the evening on the same day I had the vaccine. 

I don't think that's right lol

5 weeks for me lol

Struggled to shake off a headache over a couple of days but apart from that all ok.  Although the sore arm persisted for 24 hrs as well.

6 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I think the promises of a completely open society, no masks etc, by a 21 june date was irresponsible.

1. It was never a promise of a completely open society by 21st June. It was an aspirational road map.

2. It's highly likely that without strain D hijacking matters, June 21st opening would have been achievable.

3. The irresponsibility that took place was the ignoring the data from India in March and allowing it to remain amber and borders open, perpetuated by lies told in Parliament by the Health Secretaryabout Pakistan (red) being 3 times worse (was marginally worse) and choosing to ignore that Bangladesh (also red) , had far less cases than India. 

The continued mismanagement of border controls has cost us freedom, health and unfortunately, lives. It has been absolutely criminal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, z-layrex said:

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

6 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

Nah it ain't mate, Benadryl's active ingredient is Acravastine. Generic versions aren't available, trust me I've tried! Cetirizine (cheap one) does shit all for me annoyingly.

If there's a generic spray I can get to replace Beconase though I will, expensive but amazing stuff.

6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

The tablets do nothing for me, I’m on 2 a day and my eyes are itching like **** as we speak.

Perhaps I should have finished reading to the end of this thread before I ordered a year's supply online lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Updated (as of yesterday):

I wonder if this information will be shared at the next press conference on a slide to justify extending lockdown...lol

Not sure what you’re showing us helps any of your arguments. 

scenario five (which is what we’re actually following within a reasonable margin of error)  takes account of vaccinations. The other scenarios are predictions of what happens with different speeds of restriction lifting and without vaccinations.   This graph seems to have been made 17th feb.  
well done sage would be my comment on that graph (assuming I understand it)

• Like 2