Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Look, I don't want to get away from the original point here. Which was that somehow you wouldn't be able to enjoy a summer in this country as current regulations are. Yeah, there are plenty of mildly irritating and boring hoops to jump through. But if wearing a mask to the pisser, ruins your entire tip to the pub with your mates, then I don't know what to say. 

Maybe I've misunderstood or misread some of the thread. My post wasn't directed at yourself. I must admit I've only read parts of this thread but my first point stands. Everyone's perception of normal is different. We all like to do and experience things differently.

I don't think anyones night is being ruined by wearing a mask to the pisser. It's just an example of how things are still far from being how they once were.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Don't understand they are opening up younger age groups for vaccination, if the delay to opening is about getting 40+ 50+ fully vaccinated. Focus on that first and then open up to keep EVERYONE happy. 

Just now, leicesterlad1989 said:

Maybe I've misunderstood or misread some of the thread. My post wasn't directed at yourself. I must admit I've only read parts of this thread but my first point stands. Everyone's perception of normal is different. We all like to do and experience things differently.

I don't think anyones night is being ruined by wearing a mask to the pisser. It's just an example of how things are still far from being how they once were.

Sorry mate I did edit the post before you replied, just to make sure you didn't think I wasn't aiming that at you! You'd obviously already hit the reply button though! 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Don't understand they are opening up younger age groups for vaccination, if the delay to opening is about getting 40+ 50+ fully vaccinated. Focus on that first and then open up to keep EVERYONE happy. 

You need to leave at least 3 weeks between Pfizer doses and at least 4 between AZ. It's not a case of only vaccinating that age group, there will be space to do younger ages while 2nd doses are coming up.

18 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

lol

It really isn’t.

What can't you do then? That would entirely prevent you from enjoying a summer in the UK? And I don't want to hear about mild inconveniences, like wearing a mask. 

16 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

You need to leave at least 3 weeks between Pfizer doses and at least 4 between AZ. It's not a case of only vaccinating that age group, there will be space to do younger ages while 2nd doses are coming up.

They've had me wait the full 12 weeks between doses and I'm still two weeks away. They can't move me up? I'm sure there are many in exactly the same boat. 

29 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

lol

It really isn’t.

Many people enjoy walking round the ground at the Cricket catching up with people they have known for years popping to the pub next door at Lunchtime collecting autographs at the Pavillion etc

• Like 1

I had my second dose of AZ yesterday and I've woken up with an incredibly loud ringing in one ear. 

I had a quick Google - because that's obviously the best thing to do to put my mind at rest - and I found websites with thousands of comments from concerned people who have the same loud ringing or have gone completely deaf following their vaccine :o I'm just hoping this is temporary. I'm very surprised noone is talking  or reporting on stuff like this.

I was very keen to get the vaccine but that perspective is really starting to change.

Edited by Houdini Logic

1 minute ago, Houdini Logic said:

Iand I found websites with thousands of comments from concerned people who have the same loud ringing or have gone completely dead :o 

Christ, modern science really is a miracle. You'd think a symptom of deadness would make it extremely difficult to type on message boards. Amazing what they can do nowadays.

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Christ, modern science really is a miracle. You'd think a symptom of deadness would make it extremely difficult to type on message boards. Amazing what they can do nowadays.

To be fair any level of deadness would make it difficult. @Houdini Logicis a walking miracle :ph34r:

52 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I can't get my head around the idea that to some, flying abroad on holiday is like some god given right we've had taken away from us. Bonkers.

Flying abroad on holiday is a privilege and a luxury of our society. Just because it only costs £50 quid to get to Costa Del Sol (or used to, I've no idea how much it is now).

Seriously first world problem

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

:whistle:

Doesn’t really make any difference. I’d like to travel abroad as much as anyone. I still have family in the UK for example, and I’m not getting any younger, so would like to cross a few places off my bucket list. But I still think of travelling abroad as a privilege, not something to be taken for granted.

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

I can't get my head around the idea that to some, flying abroad on holiday is like some god given right we've had taken away from us. Bonkers.

Flying abroad on holiday is a privilege and a luxury of our society. Just because it only costs £50 quid to get to Costa Del Sol (or used to, I've no idea how much it is now).

What an absurd post. It's not about where you go. It's about not being allowed to go.

Freedom, I thought, was a right. Now it's, all of a sudden,  a privilege. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Doesn’t really make any difference. I’d like to travel abroad as much as anyone. I still have family in the UK for example, and I’m not getting any younger, so would like to cross a few places off my bucket list. But I still think of travelling abroad as a privilege, not something to be taken for granted.

So if international travel was off the cards for a long while (which will most likely be the case for you given Aus and NZ policy on this up until now), surely you'll get pissed off at some point that you can't travel and you can't visit family and come watch the City etc. Just because some people get pissed off with it quicker than you might do, doesn't make them "wrong" and you "right".

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

So if international travel was off the cards for a long while (which will most likely be the case for you given Aus and NZ policy on this up until now), surely you'll get pissed off at some point that you can't travel and you can't visit family and come watch the City etc. Just because some people get pissed off with it quicker than you might do, doesn't make them "wrong" and you "right".

It isn’t a question of right or wrong, it is what it is. Yes I’ll be disappointed if I can’t do the travelling I was hoping to do. But I won’t be whining and bitching about it, feeling sorry for myself, poor me. I’ll try and make the best of what I have. Which is what people had to do before cheap air travel was available, and what people who can’t afford such luxuries have had to do all the time, including before the pandemic.

7 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

It isn’t a question of right or wrong, it is what it is. Yes I’ll be disappointed if I can’t do the travelling I was hoping to do. But I won’t be whining and bitching about it, feeling sorry for myself, poor me. I’ll try and make the best of what I have. Which is what people had to do before cheap air travel was available, and what people who can’t afford such luxuries have had to do all the time, including before the pandemic.

I don’t think it’s as black and white as that. I agree international travel is a privilege, but seeing family, especially family you’re particularly close to, isn’t a privilege in my opinion. If you’re stuck on the other side of the world and were planning to see them for the first time in x years pre-pandemic then I’d understand them being pissed off. It’s not all for the sake of sun holidays.

11 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Making the best of it in Aus, while bemoaning people for having "first world problems" back in Blighty. Not the best look but whatever. 

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Making the best of it in Aus, while bemoaning people for having "first world problems" back in Blighty. Not the best look but whatever. 

We were discussing international travel. I have every sympathy for what the British have had the misfortune to have to endure this last year or more. Nothing wrong with old Blighty by the way. There are pros and cons to UK vs Aus.

9 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I don’t think it’s as black and white as that. I agree international travel is a privilege, but seeing family, especially family you’re particularly close to, isn’t a privilege in my opinion. If you’re stuck on the other side of the world and were planning to see them for the first time in x years pre-pandemic then I’d understand them being pissed off. It’s not all for the sake of sun holidays.

That's fair enough. However I'd guess that such things really depend on the individual and their outlook.

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

We were discussing international travel. I have every sympathy for what the British have had the misfortune to have to endure this last year or more. Nothing wrong with old Blighty by the way. There are pros and cons to UK vs Aus.

Yes and like I say, in time you'll probably get pissed off not being able to travel and you'll start to understand why people are pissed off here and now. But that's just a "first world problem".

Like I say I think it'll be a while before any kind of travel in or out of Australia will be easy to do, Australia currently at what, 3% of adults full vaccinated? lol 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yes and like I say, in time you'll probably get pissed off not being able to travel and you'll start to understand why people are pissed off here and now. But that's just a "first world problem".

Like I say I think it'll be a while before any kind of travel in or out of Australia will be easy to do, Australia currently at what, 3% of adults full vaccinated? lol 

We haven’t been able to travel in or out of Aus easily since the start of the pandemic, so quite why you think I’m somehow in a privileged position in this regard compared with you I don’t know. And yes, the lazy, complacent, incompetent efforts at the vaccine rollout by our government means that freedom of travel is further away. It won’t last forever though, and I’m prepared to be patient.

• Like 1