Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

8 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

You can’t leave your table

you cant interact with other people on different tables 

you can’t dance 

you can’t meet a girl/boy if you are single 

you can’t even have music on above a certain volume 

you can’t have a spontaneous night out

you can’t go to a rave or festival 

you can’t go abroad.

I could go on. There’s no atmosphere inside anywhere. I’ve said it before in this thread, I’m not necessarily disagreeing with the need for restrictions but this ignorant attitude of ‘everything’s normal because it’s what I do anyway’ is annoying and kinda selfish. the healthy young people who have been sensible through all this for the benefit of others deserve to feel aggrieved for not being able to do all the above things, and you have absolutely no right to claim otherwise!

....shit, is Covid and Covid restrictions the reason that I'm single, then?

I just thought it was because I'm an ugly fvcker. Good to know! :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

If you go and watch England in a test, can you do any of them? The one you can, talk to other spectators you can still do. The cricket police won't chuck you out. 

Why focus on the "can't sit where I want" over "bloody fantastic to be sat chilling with a load of people watching the cricket with my mates". If that's going to ruin someones day then, well god help em. 

I’m talking Grace Rd.

You realise there are a lot of us older generation who go there, and have done for years and because you cannot move out of your seat and your designated section it’s impossible to talk to a lot of other spectators.

Im happy for you that you are content with your lot, cricket is just one example where it’s far from normal.

You come across as an extremely selfish chap who cannot comprehend that other people may not be satisfied with the new normal. 

17 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

We haven’t been able to travel in or out of Aus easily since the start of the pandemic, so quite why you think I’m somehow in a privileged position in this regard compared with you I don’t know. And yes, the lazy, complacent, incompetent efforts at the vaccine rollout by our government means that freedom of travel is further away. It won’t last forever though, and I’m prepared to be patient.

How patient is patient though? If for example in another 18 months time you still can't come back to watch the City will you then start asking questions? 

3 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’m talking Grace Rd.

You realise there are a lot of us older generation who go there, and have done for years and because you cannot move out of your seat and your designated section it’s impossible to talk to a lot of other spectators.

Im happy for you that you are content with your lot, cricket is just one example where it’s far from normal.

You come across as an extremely selfish chap who cannot comprehend that other people may not be satisfied with the new normal. 

Better to be thankful we have this 'new normal' than be dead or in full lockdown again. Absolutely no reason to push it. I love how some people on here call others selfish for thinking about the greater good of the public over their own selfish little world. You have no idea what plans delaying the 21st ruins for him, I dont think he comes across as selfish at all.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’m talking Grace Rd.

To clarify.

Moaning about restrictions, put in place to prevent people getting very ill = not selfish.

Suggesting there is plenty to do that you can enjoy with nothing more than mild inconvenience, and enjoy a summer in this country = selfish. 

Gotcha!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

How patient is patient though? If for example in another 18 months time you still can't come back to watch the City will you then start asking questions? 

I’ve made my thoughts known before, for what they are worth. Once everyone (who wants one) is fully vaccinated, I believe we will have to find a way to get back to the old normal. If full vaccination doesn’t reduce Covid to something like the common cold, or flu, that may mean a slightly reduced average lifespan, reorganising healthcare to cope, etc. I hope and believe that that won’t be necessary in the medium term as vaccines and other therapies become ever more efficacious.

In the meantime, until vaccine rollouts are complete, I believe it helps to show some patience.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

To clarify.

Moaning about restrictions, put in place to prevent people getting very ill = not selfish.

Suggesting there is plenty to do that you can enjoy with nothing more than mild inconvenience, and enjoy a summer in this country = selfish. 

Gotcha!

Once again, you are content with what you have, a lot of people aren’t, everyone is different. 
To clarify I’m not one of the younger generation and don’t go clubbing etc but I do sympathise with them missing out on what for most are the best years of their lives, can you at least understand that? 
Are you comfortable living under the restrictions for what could be the foreseeable future? We are already 15 months in.

22 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Figures aren't great today.

7540 cases, highest since February.

More importantly, 1024 now in hospital. We got as low as 867 on 27th May. 

Deaths still low.

Gives SAGE all the ammo it needs to recommend extending lockdown by 4 weeks or more.

How many of the 1024 in Hospitals went in because their Covid symptoms got that bad at home that they desperately need hospital treatment? We don't know do we so it's a pretty pointless stat. 

5 minutes ago, Soup said:

How many of the 1024 in Hospitals went in because their Covid symptoms got that bad at home that they desperately need hospital treatment? We don't know do we so it's a pretty pointless stat. 

I’m as much into finding holes in these numbers as anyone but surely anyone admitted to hospital fits that exact scenario.

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’m as much into finding holes in these numbers as anyone but surely anyone admitted to hospital fits that exact scenario.

Yes of course but there are many reasons why people end up in hospital. Everyone going in is tested so it's entirely possible they could end up in ICU and covid won't be the main reason they're in a bad way. If there was a bit a transparency then I wouldn't question it, but there isn't.

28 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Once again, you are content with what you have, a lot of people aren’t, everyone is different. 
To clarify I’m not one of the younger generation and don’t go clubbing etc but I do sympathise with them missing out on what for most are the best years of their lives, can you at least understand that? 
Are you comfortable living under the restrictions for what could be the foreseeable future? We are already 15 months in.

No, I make the most of what I have. Going clubbing takes up a fraction of someones week, of course I sympathise with people not being able to do EXACTLY what they want.

Lets have make believe day in the life of a 20 something: Shopping in the morning, lunch out with friends, perhaps cinema, then hitting the gym, then round a friends for pre drinks and maybe some food, then going up town for drinks... yes that's when the restrictions mostly kick in, as I have already said, mass gatherings are out. But it's entirely possible to have a great night without going clubbing, you can still see your friends and have a laugh. Sure, the cherry on the cake might be missing. But as I said, this was a reaction to you saying "Get vaccinated and enjoy the Great British summer they said", which somehow alludes to people not being able to enjoy the freedoms we have currently. Which I just can't accept when so much is open that the vast majority can enjoy. 

It might not be exactly what you want, but you can improvise in many ways to still have a good time, until the other restrictions end. 

I've been shat on from a very big height, went self employed and two months later we got locked down as I got ZERO government support. Whilst the failing company I left, gets propped up with furlough. I've had it far from easy, so I don't need lessons in how to see it from other peoples view and people telling me I've had it alright. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Soup said:

Yes of course but there are many reasons why people end up in hospital. Everyone going in is tested so it's entirely possible they could end up in ICU and covid won't be the main reason they're in a bad way. If there was a bit a transparency then I wouldn't question it, but there isn't.

I see, his post is surely for Covid admissions though not just everyone in hospital in the UK.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I see, his post is surely for Covid admissions though not just everyone in hospital in the UK.

Oh I read it as 1024 in hospital. Probably me being my usual distrusting self:D 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Soup said:

I can assure you, every single one of the hundreds of covid patients I have looked after over the past 15 months on icu, covid pneumonitis was their main problem. Every single one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DennisNedry said:

Deaths still low.

Gives SAGE all the ammo it needs to recommend extending lockdown by 4 weeks or more.

Another set of predictions from Professor Lockdown will seal the deal.

2 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I can assure you, every single one of the hundreds of covid patients I have looked after over the past 15 months on icu, covid pneumonitis was their main problem. Every single one.

Fair play. I'll take your word for it then. 

Although my friends grandad went in to hospital just after Christmas for pretty urgent heart surgery. He had no symptoms but tested positive for Covid. He died 3 days later and has Covid on the death certificate. That's one of reasons why I'm a bit sceptical sometimes. 

12 minutes ago, Soup said:

Fair play. I'll take your word for it then. 

Although my friends grandad went in to hospital just after Christmas for pretty urgent heart surgery. He had no symptoms but tested positive for Covid. He died 3 days later and has Covid on the death certificate. That's one of reasons why I'm a bit sceptical sometimes. 

I don't know all the details of your friend's Grandad's awful case, but from my perspective I dont see how this would be happening enough to an impact on the figures. Again I have zero perspective of what goes on on the wards though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I don't know all the details of your friend's Grandad's awful case, but from my perspective I dont see how this would be happening enough to an impact on the figures. Again I have zero perspective of what goes on on the wards though.

Mate I'm not saying it's going on, I'm just thinking out loud because I'm pissed off. I'm just saying that things like this make me sceptical. Can't help in 

2 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

Deaths still low.

And they'll facking love it.

Finally got my first Pfizer jab today, much later than it would have been in the UK, but my second one is in 3 weeks so I can't complain, and will possibly be fully vaccinated before many others who have a much larger gap between the two. It was very well organized, too, no waiting once they'd verified who I was, and I didn't even need to get out of the car lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Finally got my first Pfizer jab today, much later than it would have been in the UK, but my second one is in 3 weeks so I can't complain, and will possibly be fully vaccinated before many others who have a much larger gap between the two. It was very well organized, too, no waiting once they'd verified who I was, and I didn't even need to get out of the car lol

Don’t plan on doing too much tomorrow afternoon Debs! Be kind to yourself. N x

• Thanks 1