Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The 'Lost' Foxestalk Members

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This is true, and we are expecting. But that's not the reason for the absence. Yet! 

But I realised being on here was having too much of a negative impact on my mental health and had to get away. It was for my own sanity to step away and I didn't like how I was becoming in conversations. 

I must admit it makes watching our games better if I'm at home and not logged on here. There's no kneejerk reactions to listen to or react to. 

Didn't want to make a big fuss when I chose to log out and was best I just leave it for the time being :)

Glad you're OK, I'm not ashamed to admit I was starting to get a little worried.

I hope the break was beneficial for you :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

This is true, and we are expecting. But that's not the reason for the absence. Yet! 

But I realised being on here was having too much of a negative impact on my mental health and had to get away. It was for my own sanity to step away and I didn't like how I was becoming in conversations. 

I must admit it makes watching our games better if I'm at home and not logged on here. There's no kneejerk reactions to listen to or react to. 

Didn't want to make a big fuss when I chose to log out and was best I just leave it for the time being :)

Always take care of yourself first.

Hope you stick around but focusing on yourself, wife and soon to be newborn is way more important.

When you become a parents, forums take a nose dive. I read more than i post. Creep styles.

Keep in touch either way, you're  a great poster and guy (no homo).

• Like 3

On 06/12/2023 at 16:04, FoxesDeb said:

Glad you're OK, I'm not ashamed to admit I was starting to get a little worried.

I hope the break was beneficial for you :)

Thank you. I'll be fine!

On 06/12/2023 at 18:53, Jattdogg said:

Always take care of yourself first.

Hope you stick around but focusing on yourself, wife and soon to be newborn is way more important.

When you become a parents, forums take a nose dive. I read more than i post. Creep styles.

Keep in touch either way, you're  a great poster and guy (no homo).

Cheers bro. Think it probably will head that way! 

On 06/12/2023 at 20:59, Mike Oxlong said:

You can’t dislike @StanSP

He’s one of the good guys 

Thanks man, appreciate it. 

On 06/12/2023 at 18:53, Jattdogg said:

The hardest part of becoming a parents is when they clone you.

I fully get where you're coming from @StanSP had to do it a few times myself.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/11/2023 at 18:43, FoxesDeb said:

Retirement suits people in greatly differing ways it seems. My husband was very lucky to be able to take early retirement a few years ago at 50 and he loves it and never seems to get bored. We're lucky that I work remotely so we travel quite a bit and I can still work, does Mrs P work? Have you thought about travelling, even within the UK? We house sit so the accommodation is free, it's a great way to travel without losing your home comforts, we've spent nearly 3 and a half months away from home so far this year and the only cost has been fuel in the car, we've been to some amazing places and stayed in some fabulous houses :) 

This sounds wonderful idea. How did you get started?  Are you registered with a website?

6 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

This sounds wonderful idea. How did you get started?  Are you registered with a website?

We are, with Trusted House Sitters. Honestly we love it, it's completely changed the way we travel, for the better.

You can get a 25% discount with my referral link if you join, let me know if you want it

Just now, FoyleFox said:

That would be great, thank you. Can you just house sit without pets? I'm not a confident enough animal person for pet sitting. 

You can, but there aren't many house sits without pets, your choice would be extremely limited so it probably wouldn't be the best platform for you. We only sit for cats, they are very easy to look after and the owners leave very clear instructions about feeding times, then you just wait for the cats to choose when to visit you and whether they demand affection or not lol

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

You can, but there aren't many house sits without pets, your choice would be extremely limited so it probably wouldn't be the best platform for you. We only sit for cats, they are very easy to look after and the owners leave very clear instructions about feeding times, then you just wait for the cats to choose when to visit you and whether they demand affection or not lol

I don't want to ruin your holidays, but when will people realise that cats are fine to be left alone? Just let them outside so they can kill, kill, kill to their hearts content.

• Haha 1