Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The 'Lost' Foxestalk Members

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I don't want to ruin your holidays, but when will people realise that cats are fine to be left alone? Just let them outside so they can kill, kill, kill to their hearts content.

Our cat only goes outside to take a dump.

5 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I don't want to ruin your holidays, but when will people realise that cats are fine to be left alone? Just let them outside so they can kill, kill, kill to their hearts content.

I don't think the owners of the indoor cats we look after would agree

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

You can, but there aren't many house sits without pets, your choice would be extremely limited so it probably wouldn't be the best platform for you. We only sit for cats, they are very easy to look after and the owners leave very clear instructions about feeding times, then you just wait for the cats to choose when to visit you and whether they demand affection or not lol

Are there any on there with tortoises. I think I could manage tortoise care 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Our cat only goes outside to take a dump.

3 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I don't think the owners of the indoor cats we look after would agree

Did anyone ever think to ask the cats? All they want to do is go outside and kill at will. If it doesn't, it's not a cat and should hand it's badge in. Tigger, Hobbes and Bagpuss would all be ashamed of them! (Ok, so maybe not Bagpuss.)

I really find the idea of house cats, or as I prefer to call them, ca(p)tives, bizarre. Having said that people bring horses and goats into their houses too. Yet if I were to put a humpback whale in Rutland Water, people would say I'm being "cruel".

Life is strange.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

16 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Did anyone ever think to ask the cats? All they want to do is go outside and kill at will. If it doesn't, it's not a cat and should hand it's badge in. Tigger, Hobbes and Bagpuss would all be ashamed of them! (Ok, so maybe not Bagpuss.)

I really find the idea of house cats, or as I prefer to call them, ca(p)tives, bizarre. Having said that people bring horses and goats into their houses too. Yet if I were to put a humpback whale in Rutland Water, people would say I'm being "cruel".

Life is strange.

Some post this 

:nigel:

On 30/05/2020 at 14:27, MC Prussian said:

The Kinder thread brought a few names back - quite an impressive list, really:

@AoWW

@lavrentis

@SOCCERROO FOX

@Walkers

@Hitesh

@James.

@Libertine

@The Reverend

@Bryn

@Edmund

@isaidno

@potter3

@stez

@Wet Trump

@Kilworthfox

@Fox You Forest

@Nick

@theessexfox

Vålerenga (@davieG?)

@Koke

@Houdini Logic

@AjcW

@Bellend Sebastian

@Jay

@Haydos

@Jackirius

@MikeyT

@Wymsey

@Amin

@EnderbyFox

@I am Rod Hull

@Benji

@Ross-Kemp

@fox123

@Sparky

@The Blur

@Unit

@Bugg

@lcfc_jme

@Salieri

@Tilley

@GLC

@Asha

@Tabou

@FoxyPV

@The Year Of The Fox

@Itsthejoeker

@DB11

@Steve_Walsh5

@kingcarr21

@Out Foxed

@Darkon84

Don't see them posting much anymore. Lost a bit of quality with them gone. Give us a shout when you can and tell us how you're doing and why you've left!

Even @Bert, @Babylon and @Corky have gone rather quiet lately.

I am not DavieG, though i do bear an uncanny likeness.  I'm also not affiliated with Vålerenga anymore. 

On 01/06/2020 at 23:47, davieG said:

He was with a different woman there before but when that ended he stayed there and met Ingrid. Now fully conversant with the language even does some translation work. As I say fully settled in as a Norwegian.

Though never in Lillestrøm ;)

On 01/06/2020 at 23:48, MPH said:

that’s wonderful. always wanted to see the northern lights from norway!

Once. In 17 years.

1 hour ago, Lillehamring said:

Question marks? Really?

4 years ago. I don’t some of recognise what I’ve posted a  week before 

• Haha 1

Just now, davieG said:

4 years ago. I don’t some of recognise what I’ve posted a  week before 

Or know what order to put words!

Just now, Lillehamring said:

Or know what order to put words!

That’s what happens when you try to edit it to make it clearer😅

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/01/2024 at 22:18, Trav Le Bleu said:

Life is strange.

I can understand your line of thinking, but you're simply misinformed here. Some breeds of cat are literally bred to be kept indoors. Our cat wouldn't last 5 minutes in the wild.

4 hours ago, Nod.E said:

I can understand your line of thinking, but you're simply misinformed here. Some breeds of cat are literally bred to be kept indoors. Our cat wouldn't last 5 minutes in the wild.

Which ones?

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Which ones?

I think I may have been overstating it to say some breeds were bred specifically with indoor living in mind, but there are certainly breeds that are more suited to indoor living and perfectly happy with such a life. 

Ragdolls, ragamuffins etc. etc. 

I have 2 British short hair cats. They have a cat flap they can come and go as they please. Never locked, they have free reign and what do they decide to do....sleep and hunt for pouches when I forget to close the cupboard where the car food is. 

Only thing they caught in the past are moths and spiders. One did catch a bat once. But 80% of the time they're asleep. 

Edited by fox_favourite

On 20/01/2024 at 15:59, Nod.E said:

On 20/01/2024 at 20:16, FoxesDeb said:

Which ones?

Although the pic below was taken during a rare foray outdoors this cat was definitely designed for a life on the sofa

44C3166F-E946-4045-AACD-5A3EBDD1F5D3.jpeg.b59061a9452bab717c30c639c0212134.jpeg

• Haha 2

Did anyone ever have any conversations with a poster called @Alan Frost...

I don't think he posted much. Came out of nowhere and posted some mental opinions. Me and him got into it once or twice that led to some decent conversations in PM. Fairly old fella from Scotland, in his 70s and I think the last PM he sent me was his phone number and Email but I never contacted him. 

I was thinking about him the other day and noticed he hasn't been on in a few years.