Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The 'Lost' Foxestalk Members

19 minutes ago, Parafox said:

You'll miss me when I'm gone...

:fc:

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

:blink:.

Explanation needed!

:wave: Alive and well. No concerns other than getting older. Although I appreciate your reaction.

Just a quip really, about being a FT contributor for as long as possible and being so vain to think that I'll be considered a "lost foxes talk member", for a few posts at least.

Edited by Parafox

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

:wave: Alive and well. No concerns other than getting older. Although I appreciate your reaction.

Just a quip really, about being a FT contributor for as long as possible and being so vain to think that I'll be considered a "lost foxes talk member", for a few posts at least.

glad all is well!

and Yeah i guess it wont be long before you are considered an old codger! :D:kissing:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

glad all is well!

and Yeah i guess it wont be long before you are considered an old codger! :D:kissing:

:D

Still reasonably active although garden centres have featured more and more.

I still manage 5 a side but only play in goal where I don't dare dive in case I fracture a hip. Having seen so many, I know how that pans out. lol

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

Hi Izzy, thanks for remembering me.

I have been ill and I noticed that my posts were becoming more and more negative (and my 'world' was shrinking so much that I couldn't see much past my own condition).  So I decided to stop posting and only start up again when things were better.

I'm still not in perfect health but I have undergone a procedure which has improved my condition, and I also got the all clear after another investigation causing my GP some concern.  So I hope that I'm on the mend now.  I started looking at FT a couple of weeks ago and took the plunge and logged in today.

I saw that you'd had a bad time with Covid, hope that you're improving now.

Great to hear from you mate and glad the procedure went well and that you're on the mend.

I totally understand not seeing past your own condition - it can be all consuming when your health is poor. 

I'm slowly getting over Covid but was hit with a bombshell a few days ago that my Mum has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer :(

Without our health we have nothing.

• Sad 6

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Great to hear from you mate and glad the procedure went well and that you're on the mend.

I totally understand not seeing past your own condition - it can be all consuming when your health is poor. 

I'm slowly getting over Covid but was hit with a bombshell a few days ago that my Mum has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer :(

Sorry to hear about your Mum Izzy.  We can often deal with our own health problems, and I know that you've had more than your fair share, but we can feel helpless when loved ones become ill.  I hope that she's getting some timely treatment.

• Thanks 1

On 30/05/2020 at 13:27, MC Prussian said:

The Kinder thread brought a few names back - quite an impressive list, really:

@AoWW

@lavrentis

@SOCCERROO FOX

@Walkers

@Hitesh

@James.

@Libertine

@The Reverend

@Bryn

@Edmund

@isaidno

@potter3

@stez

@Wet Trump

@Kilworthfox

@Fox You Forest

@Nick

@theessexfox

Vålerenga (@davieG?)

@Koke

@Houdini Logic

@AjcW

@Bellend Sebastian

@Jay

@Haydos

@Jackirius

@MikeyT

@Wymsey

@Amin

@EnderbyFox

@I am Rod Hull

@Benji

@Ross-Kemp

@fox123

@Sparky

@The Blur

@Unit

@Bugg

@lcfc_jme

@Salieri

@Tilley

@GLC

@Asha

@Tabou

@FoxyPV

@The Year Of The Fox

@Itsthejoeker

@DB11

@Steve_Walsh5

@kingcarr21

@Out Foxed

@Darkon84

Don't see them posting much anymore. Lost a bit of quality with them gone. Give us a shout when you can and tell us how you're doing and why you've left!

Even @Bert, @Babylon and @Corky have gone rather quiet lately.

I've unfortunately so little going on in my life that I sporadically returned

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, FoxyPV said:

I've unfortunately so little going on in my life that I sporadically returned

Me:

Stay in bed until about 10:30

Get up, make a brew, check on FT.

Have a shower, make a brew, check on FT. Mmm OK no notifications about anything I've posted.

Do a bit of tidying up, check on FT. Transfer thread's a bit dull, lets check out General Chat. Oh someone did well on Wordle. I'll wait till tea-time to have a go.

Sit in the chair for an while watching the mid-day news.

Check on FT. Oh there's been a few posts in general chat... not much going on really, the usuals have posted... I could respond but I don't have much to add.

Idle about until I go to the shops at 5pm. Come home, check on FT. Reply or add my own comments or views on topics that I feel something about. Potentially getting likes for my contribution. Do Wordle and compare my results with @FoxesDeb @StanSP @LanguedocFox @Suzie the Fox @Flamey

If we have a game I follow the match day thread and get frustrated by the negativity.

Weekend, drink wine watch shit and go to bed.

The life of a person with little going on in their life.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Izzy said:

Very sorry about that news Izzy. An old friend I’ve known almost 40 years passed last night from that disease. I hope your mum can still enjoy some quality of life.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Izzy said:

Sorry to hear about your mum izzy

Keep strong as a family x

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Where has ozleicester gone? Miss him posting graphs about companies making profit on a daily basis. 

Oz is posting on here every day mate.

You'll be asking where @StanSP is next :D

• Haha 1

On 08/10/2023 at 05:14, Parafox said:

Me:

Stay in bed until about 10:30

Get up, make a brew, check on FT.

Have a shower, make a brew, check on FT. Mmm OK no notifications about anything I've posted.

Do a bit of tidying up, check on FT. Transfer thread's a bit dull, lets check out General Chat. Oh someone did well on Wordle. I'll wait till tea-time to have a go.

Sit in the chair for an while watching the mid-day news.

Check on FT. Oh there's been a few posts in general chat... not much going on really, the usuals have posted... I could respond but I don't have much to add.

Idle about until I go to the shops at 5pm. Come home, check on FT. Reply or add my own comments or views on topics that I feel something about. Potentially getting likes for my contribution. Do Wordle and compare my results with @FoxesDeb @StanSP @LanguedocFox @Suzie the Fox @Flamey

If we have a game I follow the match day thread and get frustrated by the negativity.

Weekend, drink wine watch shit and go to bed.

The life of a person with little going on in their life.

Are you retired?!

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Yes!

Retirement suits people in greatly differing ways it seems. My husband was very lucky to be able to take early retirement a few years ago at 50 and he loves it and never seems to get bored. We're lucky that I work remotely so we travel quite a bit and I can still work, does Mrs P work? Have you thought about travelling, even within the UK? We house sit so the accommodation is free, it's a great way to travel without losing your home comforts, we've spent nearly 3 and a half months away from home so far this year and the only cost has been fuel in the car, we've been to some amazing places and stayed in some fabulous houses :) 

• Like 1