Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I’m talking about getting in the squad. It’s a moot point but I don’t see it ever happening, he goes anywhere and plays regularly and scores 20-30 goals it’ll help his case more than sitting on the Leicester bench and regressing in what are his key development years.

He showed big signs of improvement last season and will get a lot more gametime this season, if he does regress it probably isn't something that could be solved by moving to Celtic, at least imo.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He showed big signs of improvement last season and will get a lot more gametime this season, if he does regress it probably isn't something that could be solved by moving to Celtic, at least imo.

I already said the moving to Celtic part was a moot point. We're talking about someon who is almost 24 here, not a teenager, if you've not been a regular at any club you've been at by that age your development and potential will suiffer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

They cannot afford to pay his wages.  Out of UCL already currently no match day receipts, suspect they must sell to survive this season.

We've sold 55k season tickets this season so we won't really be down on match day revenue all that much weirdly but agree on the general point, we ain't going to or able to pay an EPL players wages in their prime.

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

@Muzzy_Larsson The multiquote button was created for people like you!lol

PS. Thanks for all the info so far:thumbup:

What happened to that young Dembele lad? Was only 15 or 16 when he made his debut last year I think?

Yeah he's been on the bench regularaly this season but hasn't been seen the last few weeks and the word is he's also not signing a new contract. This was my fear re appointing Lennon again, standards and professionalism would slip and going by a number of rumours it seems to be that way again. He's came on a couple of times this season but if he's going to have a chance of making it he really needs to develop physically, still looks very much like a young boy playing a mans game.

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah he's been on the bench regularaly this season but hasn't been seen the last few weeks and the word is he's also not signing a new contract. This was my fear re appointing Lennon again, standards and professionalism would slip and going by a number of rumours it seems to be that way again. He's came on a couple of times this season but if he's going to have a chance of making it he really needs to develop physically, still looks very much like a young boy playing a mans game.

I think Lennon will cost you the 10. 

27 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

...trying to follow the progress of Karamoko and interested in his development!!!

The fact he is not resigning is interesting but for Celtic I suspect his trajectory was always to one of the big European giants.His size is a problem, he appears to have grown taller but still appears as you have said like a little boy on the pitch.

Xavi Simmons is about the same age and it will be interesting to see how both these lads progress.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...trying to follow the progress of Karamoko and interested in his development!!!

The fact he is not resigning is interesting but for Celtic I suspect his trajectory was always to one of the big European giants.His size is a problem, he appears to have grown taller but still appears as you have said like a little boy on the pitch.

Xavi Simmons is about the same age and it will be interesting to see how both these lads progress.

Yeah I don't think he's anywhere near ready for first team football yet, even in Scotland but because we are probably terrified of losing him he's been fasttracked to the first team. Going to one of the European giants would be suicide for him as he'd be miles off getting near their first team at the moment. Financially it may make more sense though for him.

9 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah I don't think he's anywhere near ready for first team football yet, even in Scotland but because we are probably terrified of losing him he's been fasttracked to the first team. Going to one of the European giants would be suicide for him as he'd be miles off getting near their first team at the moment. Financially it may make more sense though for him.

...I noticed Xavi Simmons made his PSG debut this month, that environment could well be in effect a finishing school!!!

There is a lot of Loyalty to Celtic from Karamoko and his family and I would think it very difficult for them to uproot. There is a need to resolve this situation and if a contract is not signed what is his next realistic move?

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I noticed Xavi Simmons made his PSG debut this month, that environment could well be in effect a finishing school!!!

There is a lot of Loyalty to Celtic from Karamoko and his family and I would think it very difficult for them to uproot. There is a need to resolve this situation and if a contract is not signed what is his next realistic move?

I think he'll have plenty of options, all the big European sides have been chasing him for years, he's already representing England at international level, his big brother plays for Peterborough I think so going down south wouldn't really be a big upheavel for him and his family. I'd imagine if he did leave it would be to Man City given our link up with them.

4 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Sometimes there is clause that they get that percentage if they sell on the current contract at time of signing. Not saying that’s the case but just a thought.

I doubt it as it's just a loophole for manipulation. 

That sell on clause will be active for as long as he's a Celtic player.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I think he'll have plenty of options, all the big European sides have been chasing him for years, he's already representing England at international level, his big brother plays for Peterborough I think so going down south wouldn't really be a big upheavel for him and his family. I'd imagine if he did leave it would be to Man City given our link up with them.

...if there was an offer (I know this is speculative) from a team in the Premiership other than Man. City, what price would you envisage Celtic would be asking?

Although due to his lack of physicality, not many team would look to bring him in to their first team at this moment.

Celtic to demand at least £40m for Odsonne Edouard as the club owe star striker's former club PSG a 40 per cent sell-on fee with Leicester, Everton and Aston Villa all keeping tabs on the forward

• Celtic owe a 40 per cent sell-on fee to PSG for star striker Odsonne Edouard
  • Crystal Palace and Newcastle could be priced out of a move despite interest 
  • But Everton, Leicester and Aston Villa remain in the hunt for the 22-year-old 

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Celtic to demand at least £40m for Odsonne Edouard as the club owe star striker's former club PSG a 40 per cent sell-on fee with Leicester, Everton and Aston Villa all keeping tabs on the forward

• Celtic owe a 40 per cent sell-on fee to PSG for star striker Odsonne Edouard
  • Crystal Palace and Newcastle could be priced out of a move despite interest 
  • But Everton, Leicester and Aston Villa remain in the hunt for the 22-year-old 

West Ham?   They enjoy a good hunt.

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if there was an offer (I know this is speculative) from a team in the Premiership other than Man. City, what price would you envisage Celtic would be asking?

Although due to his lack of physicality, not many team would look to bring him in to their first team at this moment.

Due to the age restrictions he's only got a year to go on his deal, we offered him as long a contract as we were allowed to when he was 18. I imagine any team will wait until the end of the season and sign him for free then.

13 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

As much as I think he'll leave I'd be really surprised if Edouard put in a transfer request.

Fair enough mate. I have absolutely no knowledge of Celtic other than one drinker day watching you destroy ... someone I cannot even recall. Was hammered. I just wanted an opinion really. Seems like he’s a decent enough lad then?

6 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Fair enough mate. I have absolutely no knowledge of Celtic other than one drinker day watching you destroy ... someone I cannot even recall. Was hammered. I just wanted an opinion really. Seems like he’s a decent enough lad then?

Yeah he’s a great character tbh, not the sort to act up or anything like that.

19 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Due to the age restrictions he's only got a year to go on his deal, we offered him as long a contract as we were allowed to when he was 18. I imagine any team will wait until the end of the season and sign him for free then.

...surely there must be a development fee to be applied!!!

Celtic cannot in all honesty watch him walk out the door, without adequate compensation, that would be crazy!

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...surely there must be a development fee to be applied!!!

Celtic cannot in all honesty watch him walk out the door, without adequate compensation, that would be crazy!

I think if he went cross border the fee would be peanuts. It'd be similar to when we picked up Moussa Dembele for Fulham, because it was cross border I think the development fee was a mere 300k or something.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I think if he went cross border the fee would be peanuts. It'd be similar to when we picked up Moussa Dembele for Fulham, because it was cross border I think the development fee was a mere 300k or something.

...I thought this was a UEFA directive, to compensate a fair payment for development!!!

Absolute rubbish this cross border situation.....absolute nonsense!!

On 30/08/2020 at 16:20, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I can see Rodgers having a pop at getting him but no doubt we wouldn't necessarily develop him that well anyway.