Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

13 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Why the fuch would we want a deep lying playmaker like CalMac to play as a RW? 

Celtic friend of mine says the lad can play as attacking mid. Maybe He is not a pace merchant but he is creative / can beat a man but my point was more that we are probably more after that type than another striker.

2 hours ago, happy85 said:

📰 Celtic want at least £40million for Odsonne Edouard as they owe a 40% sell-on fee to his former club PSG.

Palace and Newcastle are likely to be priced out despite their interest, whilst Everton, Leicester City and Aston Villa have asked about the striker.

[Daily Mail] 

28 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Celtic friend of mine says the lad can play as attacking mid. Maybe He is not a pace merchant but he is creative / can beat a man but my point was more that we are probably more after that type than another striker.

He started his career with celtic as an attacking MF but now he's an out and out #8. 

Would be less use than Perez in that role. He is essentially Praet but a bit more forward thinking and a bit more likely to get stuck in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...this leaves the potential for the player to put in a request!!!

Players who are looking to move on (as has been stated on this forum) do not like barriers in their way especially if they are being priced out of a move.

I would suspect to offset the price, he would be looking to forgo his Loyalty Bonus in order to facilitate the move. It could all be kicking off at Celtic anytime soon.

Like I said I’d be surprised if he’s here come the end of the window but Edouard isn’t one of the ones kicking off, those that are are Ajer, Ntcham and Christie.

1 hour ago, Nick said:

I think the valuation of Edouard when first mooted was circa £30 million. It was Sutton who came out and started touting values of £40 million. If he goes it’ll be closest to the former I would think.

Only way we get more than £30m is if there’s a number of clubs chasing him who desperately want him and we can use that as leverage. Other than that I’d be surprised if any player leaves Scotland for greater than £30m now or in the next few years.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He's competing with the likes of Osimhen, playing for Celtic isn't going to help him at all.

I’m talking about getting in the squad. It’s a moot point but I don’t see it ever happening, he goes anywhere and plays regularly and scores 20-30 goals it’ll help his case more than sitting on the Leicester bench and regressing in what are his key development years.

47 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

He ain’t better than Maddison in that position and it isn’t even McGregor’s best position. As @Foxy_Bear said his best position is deeper, making the play and driving forward from deep.

• Like 1

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

McGregor is by no means at all a RW, he hasn’t played that position in about 8 years.

What about AMF? My mate says he could fill that role quality final ball / breaks lines.

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I’d have Benkovic back in a minute, would be prepared to gamble on his fitness as hes twice the player Ajer is.

Is benkovic actually good defensively or was he not really tested due to celtic dominating the ball? Ive heard mixed reviews from bristol fans and rodgers hasnt partnered him with soyuncu much in the friendlies so im not sure if he rates him (although maybe he's pairing him with inferior defenders to test him.)

Just now, honeybradger said:

Is benkovic actually good defensively or was he not really tested due to celtic dominating the ball? Ive heard mixed reviews from bristol fans and rodgers hasnt partnered him with soyuncu much in the friendlies so im not sure if he rates him (although maybe he's pairing him with inferior defenders to test him.)

He was a rolls Royce defensively up here. Competent at everything and I know the league is poorer but we’ve had some very good centre backs over the past wee while who have went and done well in Europe and he looked every inch as good as them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He was a rolls Royce defensively up here. Competent at everything and I know the league is poorer but we’ve had some very good centre backs over the past wee while who have went and done well in Europe and he looked every inch as good as them.

I know it’s not the right thread but I’m hoping Benko gets a good shot with us this year.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, katieakita said:

Regular game time and would score plenty, chance to stand up and be number 1 in a team and get back into the national side. Celtic fans would take to him if he starts scoring and the chap is a goal scorer

This is true.  His goals per minute last season was actually very good. Sounds like the sort of player we should be keeping and not trying to offload in lieu of a £40m striker who would only be a bit part player behind Vardy.

Just now, nnfox said:

This is true.  His goals per minute last season was actually very good. Sounds like the sort of player we should be keeping and not trying to offload in lieu of a £40m striker who would only be a bit part player behind Vardy.

Celtic would never pay his wages

If we signed him he would start every week along side Vardy. If you watch him play he is not an out and out striker. He has so many more skills to his game. Technically he’s superb, wonderful touch and appears to have the ability to come deep, meaning Vardy wouldn’t have to. We’ve seen Kalechi try this at time last season, but unfortunately he just hasn’t got the quality consistently to be able to do it. Ultimately Kalechi goes, Rodgers wants Edouard. He’s got the ability to be the “Suarez” type of player in the team.

Kalechi has improved, but Edouard is a more complete player, and this is why Rodgers wants him. It would not surprise me if Kalechi goes the other way. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

It’s 30% and that’s direct from someone at the club. Word is he signed a new contract yesterday, from same said source at the club but I’ll take it with a pinch of salt until I see it. Would still be pretty amazed if he’s still here come October 6th.

I wonder if a new contract would be to potentially void the the 30%? 

40 minutes ago, Richardson said:

Celtic would never pay his wages

They cannot afford to pay his wages.  Out of UCL already currently no match day receipts, suspect they must sell to survive this season.