Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

1 hour ago, foxpleasure said:

Makes me laugh how they talk about this season being really important because it's '10 in a row' not realising it makes their league look even more Mickey Mouse than usual.

Whatever the quality of the league it is important, it's potential history in the making. Juventus are going for the same in Serie A which obviously isn't a mickey mouse league.

1 hour ago, foxpleasure said:

Makes me laugh how they talk about this season being really important because it's '10 in a row' not realising it makes their league look even more Mickey Mouse than usual.

Find this sort of thinking a bit crappy if I am honest.

In football, as in life, our context is personal and comes with inevitable bias.

This being true, it does not make it of less value to those experiencing these contexts.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Seems like Celtic are going to be in for a huge overhaul, seems like 5/6 at a minimum could be on the way out. If Rangers ever had a better opportunity to win the league, surely its this year. 

Saw this, sounds like (From our ever reliable media) the agents of Ajer and McGregor have asked how much they would be sold for

(To those soft Sassenach bastids possibly?)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Seems like Celtic are going to be in for a huge overhaul, seems like 5/6 at a minimum could be on the way out. If Rangers ever had a better opportunity to win the league, surely its this year. 

Yup looks that way, Ajer and Ntcham pretty much handed in transfer requests yesterday. I wouldn't lose sleep over them leaving tbh we could replace both it's just can we do it this late in the day and have we planned for it and have said replacements lined up. Would be a nightmare to get decent money for both and then waste it, similarly to how we tried to replace Tierney last summer.

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yup looks that way, Ajer and Ntcham pretty much handed in transfer requests yesterday. I wouldn't lose sleep over them leaving tbh we could replace both it's just can we do it this late in the day and have we planned for it and have said replacements lined up. Would be a nightmare to get decent money for both and then waste it, similarly to how we tried to replace Tierney last summer.

I’m sure I seen that Ntcham has only played like 70 odd games for you boys? Don’t know how true that is, but if it is true then that’s a ridiculously low amount of games played considering how long he has been there.

3 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’m sure I seen that Ntcham has only played like 70 odd games for you boys? Don’t know how true that is, but if it is true then that’s a ridiculously low amount of games played considering how long he has been there.

It is, he's never fully cemented himself in the side, he can be quite inconsistent if truth be told. The last year or so I feel a bit sorry for him though as we should have been playing him more and looking to start to phase out Brown a bit or at least not make McGregor play near 70 games every season with a weeks rest in between.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

It is, he's never fully cemented himself in the side, he can be quite inconsistent if truth be told. The last year or so I feel a bit sorry for him though as we should have been playing him more and looking to start to phase out Brown a bit or at least not make McGregor play near 70 games every season with a weeks rest in between.

Testiment to McGregor though to really suffer with any setbacks with the sheer quantity of games he’s playing. Be interesting to see if McGregor’s performances improve drastically by playing 30 games less a season. 70 games a season is going to have a huge impact on any players performance due to tiredness and fatigue.

To be honest I’m surprised your sports science team gives it the all clear to play that much.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

5 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Testiment to McGregor though to really suffer with any setbacks with the sheer quantity of games he’s playing. Be interesting to see if McGregor’s performances improve drastically by playing 30 games less a season. 70 games a season is going to have a huge impact on any players performance due to tiredness and fatigue.

To be honest I’m surprised your sports science team gives it the all clear to play that much.

Yeah agree entirely, it's ridiculous, I'm sure there was a thing where McGregor and Tierney had played more minutes than anyone else in world football two seasons running under Rodgers or something like that. It's not wise and I suspect we ran Tierney into the ground to the point that led to him having the injury problems he suffered for the best part of the last 18 months.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah agree entirely, it's ridiculous, I'm sure there was a thing where McGregor and Tierney had played more minutes than anyone else in world football two seasons running under Rodgers or something like that. It's not wise and I suspect we ran Tierney into the ground to the point that led to him having the injury problems he suffered for the best part of the last 18 months.

Shame really because despite what people say about the SPL, Celtic do have promising young players. Like you say it’ll eventually end up holding these players back due to injuries, which will then affect fee’s that celtic receive for them eventually. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Shame really because despite what people say about the SPL, Celtic do have promising young players. Like you say it’ll eventually end up holding these players back due to injuries, which will then affect fee’s that celtic receive for them eventually. 

Definitely, I was really surprised Arsenal not only bought Tierney but gave us £25m up front given he hadn't kicked a ball in almost a year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

If you win ten leagues in a row, then the league is broken. It might be important, but I’m thankful that is not how it works in England.

Agreed. For every time I get annoyed that Chelsea or Man City spend big, I have to recognise it doesn't always work. Our league has had 5 different winners in the last decade. No other league even comes close to that variety.

I'd rather take lower standards of games that have excitement and unpredictability than the same procession every year

8 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Agreed. For every time I get annoyed that Chelsea or Man City spend big, I have to recognise it doesn't always work. Our league has had 5 different winners in the last decade. No other league even comes close to that variety.

I'd rather take lower standards of games that have excitement and unpredictability than the same procession every year

I have nothing against big established clubs/teams, but for me the Scottish system is pointless. Would love to see the two Glasgow clubs and a few of the others absorbed into the football league

1 hour ago, Kevin Russell said:

I have nothing against big established clubs/teams, but for me the Scottish system is pointless. Would love to see the two Glasgow clubs and a few of the others absorbed into the football league

..that doesn't help the other teams in the Scottish Leagues!!!

The Scottish clubs are trapped in a cycle that can only be broken with the introduction of finance poured into it. Celtic and Rangers have a ceiling and can only deal with what is infront  of them. The revenue from crowds (pre Covid) is not there as there is nothing to attract crowds so just the diehards attend. Can't see this being resolved anytime soon.