Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

3 minutes ago, Simoken said:

When you see HOT on the thread, get overly excited and witnessing absolutely **** all... :plancque:

Yeah I'm sure someone has already mentioned we should have a centralised well moderated thread where if you know if it goes hot, it's time to get excited. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't think Rodgers necessarily wants wingers. He wants attackers, a front 3 who are all capable of scoring goals. Players that can drift out wide yes but not traditional wingers. 

Like Liverpool.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Also doesn't help when you've only got one player capable of scoring goals consistently. In short we don't sign any other attacking players between now and the end of the window, we are buggard.  

Yeah I think if Vardy gets a long term injury we could genuinely end up finishing 12th-16th. His first half of season form last season basically ensured we were top half.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't think Rodgers necessarily wants wingers. He wants attackers, a front 3 who are all capable of scoring goals. Players that can drift out wide yes but not traditional wingers. 

I think 'winger' is a catch all phrase people use. What we need is someone to play on the right hand side of the attack which I always refer to as a winger. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think he's been carrying us since the title win. It's why deserved a pure gold statue towering over the city. He could have walked away to bigger things after that season but didn't. 

... and if he did, would probably not be playing PL football now on a new contract. He's not daft. 

41 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Also doesn't help when you've only got one player capable of scoring goals consistently. In short we don't sign any other attacking players between now and the end of the window, we are buggard.  

Look mate, this window isn't normal, we don't have sufficient funds to sign who we'd ideally like to sign, for this reason alone i thjnk we need to prioritize wingers. And even if we could sign edouard, what would the point be if we sold kelechi? A proven pl goalscorer 

27 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Look mate, this window isn't normal, we don't have sufficient funds to sign who we'd ideally like to sign, for this reason alone i thjnk we need to prioritize wingers. And even if we could sign edouard, what would the point be if we sold kelechi? A proven pl goalscorer 

Kelechi has proven nothing in three years.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

i'm pretty confident that the players we will sign have not yet appeared in the forum with their own thread ….

Quite possibly so. I am sure with Perez we went from knowing about potential interest to a confirmed signing in less than 24 hours. Saying that Edouard makes a lot of sense for us, so I can definitely see this one happening. I like Nacho and Perez, but i just don't see them working as lone strikers, and so we are going to need back up. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

We were the 4th highest scoring team in the Premier League last season. So not exactly buggered.

32 minutes ago, murphy said:

Yes, he was at times and certainly improved on previous seasons but I can't say that he is a proven PL goalscorer.  

I'd agree with this given he's what 24 soon and isn't even a proven premier league starter as yet. Whether it's Edouard or not better than Iheanacho is required to simply stand still let alone improve.

23 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Or playing for Arsenal as they wanted him.....

We'll never know but I'd guess that Arsenal wouldn't have based a team formation to play to Vardy's strengths like he's had with us and would've fallen down the pecking order long ago. 

I expect he knew that he could achieve more at City than most other top half PL clubs. 

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

We'll never know but I'd guess that Arsenal wouldn't have based a team formation to play to Vardy's strengths like he's had with us and would've fallen down the pecking order long ago. 

I expect he knew that he could achieve more at City than most other top half PL clubs. 

We werent exactly playing to his strengths this year but he still scored a tonne. If he gets serivce he scores goals i dont think it matters which team he's at.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Kelechi has proven nothing in three years.  

Hes popped up with some important goals when we’ve needed them this season and he has played second fiddle to Vardy whilst knowing regardless of how well he may play he’s still 2nd choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’d rather part ex Slimani! (Plus he’d score a load in the Scots prem) 

i didn't mean part/x Iheanacho for Edouard, I meant sell him to someone like Villa for £20m.

Celtic and Iheanacho wouldn't be a good fit anyway. Iheanacho wouldn't want to go to an inferior league at this stage of his career and Celtic's MO is to buy young talented players and sell them on, Iheanacho would be too dear. 

• Like 1