Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

3 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Would if Celtic would be interested in taking Slim off us as part of an exchange? £25m plus Slim. Actually think Slimani would do well up north. 

They can have James as well !! He can warm their bench instead of ours !!

Edited by Ely fox

3 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

In all honesty we could use someone like Ghezzal in a number 10 type role. Obviously been a poor signing at EPL level but he’d do well up here.

Given slimani’s attitude I wouldn’t want him near here, I’d rather preserve with Ajeti and Klimala.

Ghezzal had arguably his best games for us in the number 10 position. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Ghezzal had arguably his best games for us in the number 10 position. 

I think it’s a more naturally position for him. He’s that slow, he looks like he’s running in custard. 

📰 Celtic want at least £40million for Odsonne Edouard as they owe a 40% sell-on fee to his former club PSG.

Palace and Newcastle are likely to be priced out despite their interest, whilst Everton, Leicester City and Aston Villa have asked about the striker.

[Daily Mail] 

11 minutes ago, happy85 said:

📰 Celtic want at least £40million for Odsonne Edouard as they owe a 40% sell-on fee to his former club PSG.

Palace and Newcastle are likely to be priced out despite their interest, whilst Everton, Leicester City and Aston Villa have asked about the striker.

[Daily Mail] 

Deffo not happening now, way above what are club willing to go

Edited by Danny280995

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Why on Earth would Iheanacho want to go to Celtic though...

Regular game time and would score plenty, chance to stand up and be number 1 in a team and get back into the national side. Celtic fans would take to him if he starts scoring and the chap is a goal scorer

Just now, katieakita said:

Regular game time and would score plenty, chance to stand up and be number 1 in a team and get back into the national side. Celtic fans would take to him if he starts scoring and the chap is a goal scorer

Would playing in the SPL a less competitive league help his chances with the National Team? I think it’s unlikely no matter how many goals he scores, He’s better of staying in the premier league. With regards to Edouard we could probably give them £25m - £30m and they would accept that.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, happy85 said:

[Daily Mail] 

Is the Daily Mail so take it with a pinch of salt, but 40% clause is ridiculous 

1 hour ago, happy85 said:

[Daily Mail] 

It’s 30% and that’s direct from someone at the club. Word is he signed a new contract yesterday, from same said source at the club but I’ll take it with a pinch of salt until I see it. Would still be pretty amazed if he’s still here come October 6th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Would playing in the SPL a less competitive league help his chances with the National Team? I think it’s unlikely no matter how many goals he scores, He’s better of staying in the premier league. With regards to Edouard we could probably give them £25m - £30m and they would accept that.

With regards to playing in the national side playing regularly and scoring goals regularly would do more good than sitting on a bench even if it were the Barcelona bench. We had efe ambrose here for years who throughout the same period captained Nigeria and won the AFCON with them while at us.

i don’t see him at us as much as I’d like them but nearing 24 this guy needs to become a regular somewhere and very soon or he’s going to regress.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

1 hour ago, Danny280995 said:

Deffo not happening now, way above what are club willing to go

...this leaves the potential for the player to put in a request!!!

Players who are looking to move on (as has been stated on this forum) do not like barriers in their way especially if they are being priced out of a move.

I would suspect to offset the price, he would be looking to forgo his Loyalty Bonus in order to facilitate the move. It could all be kicking off at Celtic anytime soon.

16 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

It’s 30% and that’s direct from someone at the club. Word is he signed a new contract yesterday, from same said source at the club but I’ll take it with a pinch of salt until I see it. Would still be pretty amazed if he’s still here come October 6th.

Would Celtic be interested in part ex deal - cash plus Benkovic? He ain’t playing for us so may as well be sold.

• Like 1

I think the valuation of Edouard when first mooted was circa £30 million. It was Sutton who came out and started touting values of £40 million. If he goes it’ll be closest to the former I would think.

1 hour ago, katieakita said:

He's competing with the likes of Osimhen, playing for Celtic isn't going to help him at all.

1 minute ago, JimmyC74 said:

Eduoard would be a great signing but more likely we would want Callum McGregor as the RW / AMF.

Why the fuch would we want a deep lying playmaker like CalMac to play as a RW? 

• Like 1