Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 21

Finally changed back to my tried and trusted 5-2-1-2 however it doesn't seem as effective as previous years. 

The wing backs don't seem to push as far up as they used to which, if played right effectively gives you a man spare/over all the time.

Love the KDB/Kane/Vardy front three. 

If you sit back against me I've got two players who can shoot from range and very well too. If you come out against me I've got Vardy to get in behind. 

Screenshot_20201206-133557_Companion.jpg

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Finally changed back to my tried and trusted 5-2-1-2 however it doesn't seem as effective as previous years. 

The wing backs don't seem to push as far up as they used to which, if played right effectively gives you a man spare/over all the time.

If you sit back against me I've got two players who can shoot from range and very well too. If you come out against me I've got Vardy to get in behind. 

I've tried 5 at the back and the one thing that stuck out for me is how exposed the three cbs are against teams playing with three forwards. The full backs are non existent and as you say also don't attack. The only way I found to solve it was the set the full backs to stay back while attacking but then I couldn't score goals. I had to give up with it very quickly.

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I've tried 5 at the back and the one thing that stuck out for me is how exposed the three cbs are against teams playing with three forwards. The full backs are non existent and as you say also don't attack. The only way I found to solve it was the set the full backs to stay back while attacking but then I couldn't score goals. I had to give up with it very quickly.

I've played 6 with it won 4 lost 2. One of the losses I actually got a message of the opposition player to say how unlucky I was... lol. 

As soon as I was winning by 2 goals or just after half time I switched to 5-2-2-1 with Sterling Vardy and Mahrez front three taking of KDB and using Pogba and Ndidi as the middle two. 

Set my width to narrow defensively and that seemed to work better. One thing I've not tried is setting full backs to attack with the DPad?

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I've played 6 with it won 4 lost 2. One of the losses I actually got a message of the opposition player to say how unlucky I was... lol. 

As soon as I was winning by 2 goals or just after half time I switched to 5-2-2-1 with Sterling Vardy and Mahrez front three taking of KDB and using Pogba and Ndidi as the middle two. 

Set my width to narrow defensively and that seemed to work better. One thing I've not tried is setting full backs to attack with the DPad?

I might give it another go. I think I lost about 5 on the spin and switched back to a back four. My main thing is I just couldn't defend with it, which is a little odd as in theory it should be easier. 

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

If you think your wing backs aren’t pushing on as you’d like, try a 3-4-1-2 with the wingers on come back on defence. Basically does the same thing in defence, but the wingers naturally go forward. This is my go to attacking formation change.

C07C86C0-1838-4518-897A-6B8255CC5E6E.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

I play 41212 narrow but set my CDM Casemiro to drop between the CBs so it pkays more like a 3412 ingame.

9 hours ago, Ashley said:

Always my go to mainly because I feel that you've always got a chance when it's laggy or scripted against. But when it's going well, you still create a surprising amount of chances.

Strange because I've got Alex Sandro who's no quicker than Digne and then Cuadrado but without a pace chem so again, no quicker than Ricardo and yet they're up and down non stop. Normally have to bin the latter straight after half time as he's shagged lol. Hakimi not a bad replacement and then Kostic for Sandro as he's the most all round lm I could find.

20 minutes ago, Md9 said:

no idea how you will do these direct free kicks objective you can get assaulted on this outside the box no free kick but a tiny tap then you get a pen 🙈😂

I think I've scored 11 free kicks in total, no chance of doing 5 in 28 days or whatever it is. It's a ridiculous objective.

9 hours ago, Md9 said:

no idea how you will do these direct free kicks objective you can get assaulted on this outside the box no free kick but a tiny tap then you get a pen 🙈😂

I did it in couch play friendleys used two controllers playing as both teams, foul on the edge of the box, them move the keeper out of the goal and then put the freekick into the open goal.

22 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

It’s still hard work but much better. I’ve seen people get done for GBH for less than some of the tackles in squad battles.

Crazy isn’t it how easy it is to get a pen but never ever get a free kick any more 😂

• Like 1