Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Backs to the wall

Many posters have posted comments such as "if we don't beat Everton then we can forget top 4" or "that's it now, I'm expecting 7th" even after the Brighton game etc..

Maybe we need to drop out of the top 4 to really get a shock to the system we need?

Say we're 5th or 6th with two pretty tough fixtures against Spurs and Man U maybe it would drive us on to dig deep to go on and ace the end of the season?

I think people are in the mindset that if we're caught and overtaken then there is no way we can get it back. That's not the case. it might be the catalyst we need. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2

Tend to disagree, dropping out of the top 4 will be a massive psychological blow to a team already low on confidence especially as we have been there all season. Once we are out there is no way back in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I would agree but the players don't even look pumped and look like they're out of ideas in each of the games since lockdown.

The performances have concerned me more than the results. The level has been so bad. 

I agree, but sometimes when you're playing so badly you need to be written off by everyone to regain the focus and form...

• Like 1

Tough one. If that were to happen we would really see what what we are made of. The psychology of footballers is a strange thing. The concern of course is that if we did slip out, then suddenly become world beaters it still could be to avail as the outcome may be out of our hands and we would then be reliant on others results. It would of course be a great boost, should we go into the last game one or two points behind Utd and then give them a stuffing to clinch 3/4 place and put them down to 6th as wolves beat chelsea

34 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I would agree but the players don't even look pumped and look like they're out of ideas in each of the games since lockdown.

The performances have concerned me more than the results. The level has been so bad. 

I thought for 50/60 minutes either side of half time we were excellent on Wednesday

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only a win could bring some confidence and fight to a team that's been limping since Christmas.

I might be wrong but I can't see them getting back in the top 4 should they drop out of it. Another loss and they'll completely fizzle out. Especially with tough run of games waiting.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

Many posters have posted comments such as "if we don't beat Everton then we can forget top 4" or "that's it now, I'm expecting 7th" even after the Brighton game etc..

Maybe we need to drop out of the top 4 to really get a shock to the system we need?

Say we're 5th or 6th with two pretty tough fixtures against Spurs and Man U maybe it would drive us on to dig deep to go on and ace the end of the season?

I think people are in the mindset that if we're caught and overtaken then there is no way we can get it back. That's not the case. it might be the catalyst we need. 

Our record against teams above and around us is pretty dire though under Rodgers, a fair few draws but not many wins! I wouldn't be confident, we need to find form and confidence BEFORE we are overtaken.

The performances have been far from impressive or convincing and certainly not indicative of a team with the potential to wage a European campaign, but saying that, the margins have been tight. Penalty aside (against Everton) we could conceivably have picked up nine points from all three games based upon three poor performances. At least this way there are questions being asked of both management and players and pressure/incentive to improve. Don't expect to see it against Palace though who will be hard to break down and can always threaten going forward. .  

The last game we played well and looked dangerous but we struggle to create good solid chances, Everton could afford to sit back after going 2-0 through minimal effort but luck was on their side that game.

its clear tho the players up front seem void of confidence especially Vardy who has looked terrible in the final third in games... were only 2-3 players away from having a really dangerous team but at the mo were looking toothless and Rodgers needs to drop Vardy. Think if we drop Vards we’ll avoid playing against that low block which causes us no end of problems.

If the players need the realisation that they are outside of the top 4 to help clear this up when they have blown a 14 point lead I can’t help but think they are a bit thick to be honest.

Its apparent to everyone in football that unless we pull our fingers out of our arseholes then we don’t get champions league, maybe even Europa.

• Like 1