Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Pearson sacked...

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Well you are wrong then 

You don't get to speak for the entire fan base.

To be honest you sound more like a Pearson fan than a Leicester fan, so suggest you'd be happier following him to whatever Championship club hires him next, where he will last about 8 months and get sacked and you'll then claim it was the club, not him, that failed.

Rinse and repeat.

Cheerio.

• Like 1

Just now, Unabomber said:

Well you are wrong then 

The Pearson love fest was 5 years ago....we have moved on since then. Mickey Adams, Brian Little, Martin O'Neill all great managers of the past who achieved things like Pearson but anyone thinking we should rehire Pearson for a third time needs a head wobble....the guy upsets his own shadow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

If Ranieri gets hero status? Then Pearson must be God!!!! :pearson:

Just going to edit Pearson's Wikipedia page to Premier League title winning manager 2015/16....be back on this page in a minute

Just now, ToeKneeHandCock said:

Are you a fairly recent Leicester supporter by any chance?

The man took us from our lowest point, rebuilt the club, got us promoted to the championship, won the championship with over 100 points and got us to the premier league, pulled off the greatest escape and built much of the team that subsequently pulled off the biggest shock in football history.

I think icon and hero are suitable plaudits tbf

Then he got sacked for sticking by his sick twisted son. I have supported Leicester since 1989 and seen all the highs and lows....many of them with Pearson but he's the past....we've moved on to a different stratosphere since he left.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

You don't get to speak for the entire fan base.

To be honest you sound more like a Pearson fan than a Leicester fan, so suggest you'd be happier following him to whatever Championship club hires him next, where he will last about 8 months and get sacked and you'll then claim it was the club, not him, that failed.

Rinse and repeat.

Cheerio.

What are you talking about? I’m a Leicester fan so obviously a Pearson fan too. I’m not speaking for the entire fan base but it’s pretty obvious that any Leicester fan can’t not be a fan of Pearson and wish him all the best.

5 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

The Pearson love fest was 5 years ago....we have moved on since then. Mickey Adams, Brian Little, Martin O'Neill all great managers of the past who achieved things like Pearson but anyone thinking we should rehire Pearson for a third time needs a head wobble....the guy upsets his own shadow.

Nothing wrong with still singing his praises for what he did for our club though. Also if people don’t like him why come in a thread dedicated to him? 

What are you talking about? I’m a Leicester fan so obviously a Pearson fan too. I’m not speaking for the entire fan base but it’s pretty obvious that any Leicester fan can’t not be a fan of Pearson and wish him all the best.

Wish him all the best yes of course....dedicate 16 pages on FT the day before we play a match to win to get in the Champions League....gobsmacked

Nothing wrong with still singing his praises for what he did for our club though. Also if people don’t like him why come in a thread dedicated to him? 

To bring to everyones attention how ridiculous a thread about him at this time is

Pearson managerial career is quite weird. He did well for us over 2 spells (6 years) but ever since he left he has not had a stable job and he's been sacked several times. Maybe he should choose his next job carefully and not just jump on anything. I'm sure there are clubs in the Championship who would take him, or even big clubs in League One like Ipswich or Sunderland or Portsmouth 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Leicester icon? Absolute hero? Steady on there.....Ranieri is an absolute hero and icon....as is Vardy and Morgan but Pearson does not deserve that accolade in my humble opinion.

Pearson more of a hero than Ranieiri even if Ranieiri is more of an icon. 

I know who I'd have back as manager and who I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Pearson managerial career is quite weird. He did well for us over 2 spells (6 years) but ever since he left he has not had a stable job and he's been sacked several times. Maybe he should choose his next job carefully and not just jump on anything. I'm sure there are clubs in the Championship who would take him, or even big clubs in League One like Ipswich or Sunderland or Portsmouth 

Would love Pearson to go Ipswich and make them a force again

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Pearson more of a hero than Ranieiri even if Ranieiri is more of an icon. 

I know who I'd have back as manager and who I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

No fan in their right mind wants either back as our manager. We've moved on....let's leave the past in the past.

• Like 2

Without Pearson we could very feasibly still be a Championship or League one side. He rebuilt us from our lowest point to the edge of greatness which Ranieri brilliantly finished off. Both legends but for me Pearson may well be our greatest ever manager, I wouldn't say the same about ranieri. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

No fan in their right mind wants either back as our manager. We've moved on....let's leave the past in the past.

IF Rodgers gets the boot at some point Pearson would be top of my wish list to come back here. Something about the Leicester - Pearson dynamic just works. Plan A would be for Rodgers to stay a few years and establish us as a top side of course 

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
Top not too
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

IF Rodgers gets the boot at some point Pearson would be top of my wish list to come back here. Something about the Leicester - Pearson dynamic just works. Plan A would be for Rodgers to stay a few years and establish us as a top side of course 

Obvious troll is obvious.

Well done for keeping me on the hook for so long. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Obvious troll is obvious.

Well done for keeping me on the hook for so long. 

I would also happily have Pearson back as manager one day if the right situation presents itself. If Rodgers was suddenly to leave for PSG (hypothetically) tomorrow and we appointed Pearson I wouldn't be against the appointment. I think he's a really underrated top class manager who gets Leicester as a club. What more could you want. 

• Thanks 1

It’s a bit wierd that this thread is so long ...

is it that complex ?

pearson/shakey/Walsh laid the foundations, built most of the house and Claudio put the roof on 

claudio can’t do what Nigel and his supporting team did and I’m confident in saying Nigel isn’t a roofer 

We shouldn’t think about any of them returning ...... we (and they) have moved on

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good argument to have regarding who's the best between two great managers for us that are universally loved by all fans, particularly considering the majority of our managers this century to date have been complete dross.

When Ranieri tried to change things it went to complete and utter shit. He tried it when he first arrived (double sessions etc.) and the players told him to fvck off.

Pearson brought in Balsom, Blake, Reeves, Joel and others who remain the key figures at the top of the sports science and analysis departments. Our current Head of Technical Scouting was at the club under Pearson and worked under Walsh, Waldron and Wrigglesworth (a nice ring to it), who have all gone on to work for top clubs. Sadler was his opposition scout and is now a well respected first team coach. And we all know the qualities of Shakespeare.

Ranieri used Pearson's players - we all know he wanted Mendy and not Kante, Benalouane and Inler were pretty shite by all accounts, and the rest we signed that summer were Walsh targets. The following summer, one of the many supposed reasons Walsh left was because Ranieri had more control over recruitment, leading us to sign Mendy among others. Walsh recommended against signing Slimani at £30m but alas the club went with Ranieri.

The mark of a top manager should be in whether he improved the squad and club from when he arrived to when he left. Ranieri took us from relegation scrappers to relegation scrappers, and signed some shit with it. Pearson inherited squads with some mercenaries like Campbell, Mills, Beckford, and turned them around with astute signings and quality coaching.

Was he a great manager within games? Not really. His tactics were limited, his substitutions often too late. Ranieri however was very good at influencing games with substitutions and tactical switches from game to game, at least in 2015-16. In 16-17 he tried his best to change us into a possession side but you could never do that with the players we had, and that was a huge failure of management. Ultimately, a good manager balances long term aspirations with short term needs for results, and Ranieri failed spectacularly on that front.

I'll always respect Ranieri for 2015-16, but he is a very poor manager on the whole, you only have to look at his record at other clubs to know that. Pearson is a good manager if, and only if, he gets the full control of the club by the ownership to make the sweeping changes he wants to make. And he also needs time.

No manager is perfect, they all do some good stuff and some bad stuff, that's why none of them stay forever. But both of these guys are City legends.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

When Ranieri tried to change things it went to complete and utter shit. He tried it when he first arrived (double sessions etc.) and the players told him to fvck off.

Pearson brought in Balsom, Blake, Reeves, Joel and others who remain the key figures at the top of the sports science and analysis departments. Our current Head of Technical Scouting was at the club under Pearson and worked under Walsh, Waldron and Wrigglesworth (a nice ring to it), who have all gone on to work for top clubs. Sadler was his opposition scout and is now a well respected first team coach. And we all know the qualities of Shakespeare.

Ranieri used Pearson's players - we all know he wanted Mendy and not Kante, Benalouane and Inler were pretty shite by all accounts, and the rest we signed that summer were Walsh targets. The following summer, one of the many supposed reasons Walsh left was because Ranieri had more control over recruitment, leading us to sign Mendy among others. Walsh recommended against signing Slimani at £30m but alas the club went with Ranieri.

The mark of a top manager should be in whether he improved the squad and club from when he arrived to when he left. Ranieri took us from relegation scrappers to relegation scrappers, and signed some shit with it. Pearson inherited squads with some mercenaries like Campbell, Mills, Beckford, and turned them around with astute signings and quality coaching.

Was he a great manager within games? Not really. His tactics were limited, his substitutions often too late. Ranieri however was very good at influencing games with substitutions and tactical switches from game to game, at least in 2015-16. In 16-17 he tried his best to change us into a possession side but you could never do that with the players we had, and that was a huge failure of management. Ultimately, a good manager balances long term aspirations with short term needs for results, and Ranieri failed spectacularly on that front.

I'll always respect Ranieri for 2015-16, but he is a very poor manager on the whole, you only have to look at his record at other clubs to know that. Pearson is a good manager if, and only if, he gets the full control of the club by the ownership to make the sweeping changes he wants to make. And he also needs time.

No manager is perfect, they all do some good stuff and some bad stuff, that's why none of them stay forever. But both of these guys are City legends.

You obvs never got over Claudio selling you Jeff ........

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Without Pearson we could very feasibly still be a Championship or League one side. He rebuilt us from our lowest point to the edge of greatness which Ranieri brilliantly finished off. Both legends but for me Pearson may well be our greatest ever manager, I wouldn't say the same about ranieri. 

I can agree that Pearson getting us out of the third tier at the first attempt was the springboard, absolutely crucial. However, we were destined to get out of the Championship into the Premier League with or without Pearson. Vichai and King Power would have settled for nothing less.