Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Pearson sacked...

4 hours ago, Sionnach gorm said:

I’m amazed at everyone’s opinion that Pearson is a good Prem manager.  He’s a good championship manager, but is clearly overwhelmed and out of his element when he moves to the premier league.  I think everyone lets their emotions cloud their judgement, because we owe him a debt for his work here at LCFC. Let the insults begin! :beer:

Based on??

He has managed in total no more than a season and a half in the top flight. 

We finished 14th under him, Watford were adrift and he's left them three points above the line with two games left. 

How has he been out of his depth based on that?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KingsX said:

The Times just confirmed “Nigel Pearson is to be paid a £1 million bonus if Watford stay in the Premier League despite being dismissed as their head coach with two matches of the season left.”

The Watford forum thread has been gold for both laughs and rumor-mongering.  Piecing the alleged events at West Ham together from it, the Athletic, and Deeney’s interview, here’s a version that dovetails with what has escaped.

Categorical denials of a physical altercation with Masina at HT, or lock-in at FT.  Most likely Pearson just conducted a well-deserved reading of the riot act, which didn’t sit well with some.  The Rubicon was crossed (at least per multiple sources) when he indulged in some sort of “take this job and shove it, and let me tell you where in anatomical detail” exchange with the club owner.  Well within earshot of players and staff.

Again, that is only speculation, and will likely remain so.  Between the terse club statement, Deeney going online with denials, and the quick move to confirm Pearson’s bonus (by a club which declined to distribute player bonuses last year), it’s obvious Pozzo and Giraldi want these events quickly locked away from public view. 

So on the one hand, Nige scores his point letting the bozos know how and why they are bozos, leaves the job he wanted to leave in any case, and (hopefully) gets his million to do so.  On the other, every potential employer will know enough about this to cement his rep as a loose cannon potentially aimed at themselves.  There’s a time and place for home truths.  Ignore that, and risk never sniffing a short list again.

I’d say it’s time for his autobiography -- no ghost writer needed -- but he just got paid a million not to write it.  Maybe a thinly disguised novel instead?

Head butts, and head locks all round then, gowon on big nige😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by lestajigs

12 hours ago, Sionnach gorm said:

I’m amazed at everyone’s opinion that Pearson is a good Prem manager.  He’s a good championship manager, but is clearly overwhelmed and out of his element when he moves to the premier league.  I think everyone lets their emotions cloud their judgement, because we owe him a debt for his work here at LCFC. Let the insults begin! :beer:

in Greta Thunberg’s  voice  “HOW DARE YOU” 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, KingsX said:

I'd say it’s time for his autobiography -- no ghost writer needed -- but he just got paid a million not to write it.  Maybe a thinly disguised novel instead?

Can just imagine NP recording the audio book version of his autobiography, with all those pregnant pauses between each word. What a slog that would be to get through.

18 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I dont think this is a performance sacking.  It reminds me of when we sacked Martin Allen.

I remember that happened after you beat us 4-1 at your place !

Not a fight but definitely a row had gone on.

The short terse statement from the club says a lot ..

Not a thanks or acknowledgement in sight .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I remember that happened after you beat us 4-1 at your place !

Not a fight but definitely a row had gone on.

The short terse statement from the club says a lot ..

Not a thanks or acknowledgement in sight .

Pearson can sometimes make it difficult for himself but your owners are tw*ts.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sionnach gorm said:

He's had one and a half seasons in the Premier League and was on the way to keeping both teams he's managed up (this would've been better in my view in that he inherited the situation).

He has his faults but he's pretty much done the jobs he's been asked to do. Whether he could a lot better, we'll wait and see if it occurs.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Would generally love it if this happened.

Pearson would do great with the talent at our disposal here. And he'd instill some mental strength into the team.

... and Stringer would love to see him back. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

This is what you call the stars aligning. It's time for the third coming.

funny, that’s what my wife says when my tongue is too tired …

… (to continue the conversation about Nigel Pearson)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I actually want Watford to stay up. Nothing to do with the Pearson sacking but because of the banner their fans brought to our place during those dark days after Vichai's passing. Class. 

... and relegates Villa. 

That's Villa staying up.

By a point potentially  thanks to the goal not given against them v Sheffield U.

24 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I actually want Watford to stay up. Nothing to do with the Pearson sacking but because of the banner their fans brought to our place during those dark days after Vichai's passing. Class. 

... and relegates Villa. 

Exactly be this. Thank you. It was a class act from them. I will never forget.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Imagine if they get relegated now, I won’t laugh.

Neither will I..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂

On 20/07/2020 at 14:09, Nalis said:

I know he's a premier league manager but honesty think thats where he could end up next if premier league and championship owners regard him as a loose cannon.

Could you imagine Pearson and the Sunderland co-owner Charlie Methven lol that would be worth commissioning a third series of Sunderland til I die alone! 

• Haha 1